Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Get Your Evo Aligned!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2003, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Karl, nice to hear from you!

Guys, just wondering where can I get factory alignment specs? other than here, where can i get aftermarket specs when a car has been lowered?

dave
Old Mar 26, 2003, 01:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Get Your Evo Aligned!

Originally posted by Claudius

You'd need to toe the rear OUT to get less understeer!
You're right...my bad. I get it confused...

What's the recommendation for caster/camber in race, autocross setup, etc???

Evo2003.5
Old Mar 27, 2003, 07:20 PM
wtz
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Cludius,
Just this moment got back from the track. Fastest lap I have run there in the T2 prepped Boxster S was 1:02.55. Ran a fastest lap in the Evo today of 1:03.51. All I did to the car was put on a good alignment, race tires, good pads, lines and brake fluid, and an autocross harness. Full report tomorrow when I get this stupid grin off my face.
Cheers,
Old Mar 27, 2003, 08:34 PM
wtz
Evolving Member

Hi Claudius,
Full Cage, Double-adjustable shocks. balanced and blueprinted motor. better intake, cat-back, ECU rework, race gas, etc. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out what gear to be in and when in the Evo! My point is that this was my first track day in the car with a rock-stock motor and I'm less than one second off the fastest time I have ever run at Lime Rock in my racecar. Track conditions were not ideal, it's a new car for me, and I have'nt logged a track mile since September. The car will beat my racecar in short order, and that is saying a lot. God, does it need a front diff!
Cheers,
Old Mar 27, 2003, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Nice insight there Wtz - very impressive!! I suspected that front LS dif would be a necessary upgrade
Old Mar 28, 2003, 12:28 AM

Is it not possible to adjust the caster on the Evolution?

Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 06:58 AM
wtz
Evolving Member

Claudius,
Did not take tire temps in the rear, but the wear looked pretty even. I think more negative camber up front and particularly a front LSD would really help. Ugh, and Claude, thats a Boxster S and last time I checked you car is not exactly stock.
Cheers,
Old May 3, 2003, 06:29 PM

Has anyone tracked down the "factory" alignment specs?

I'm reading that both front and rear camber are adjustable- correct?

I'm also reading about -1.6ish max neg camber front w/ the oe eccentric bolts?

Does anybody know what kind of caster the 8 comes w/?

FWIW there is an outfit in AU that manufactures caster/camber plates for a wide variety of vehicles (not sure on the EVO), on the WRX it adds ~ 1.5 degrees positive caster and a little over one degree of camber (above what can be achieved w/ the oe eccentric bolts).

Thanks.

Big Sky
Old May 3, 2003, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

I had me dealership shop foreman fax me the specs a while back. I posted them here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=18433

I flipped my eccentric bolt around while I had the tires off the car today when I was doing a rotation. I also was snooping around the rear setup, but I couldn't figure out how to do camber adjustment back there. I could see the toe adjustment clearly on the bolt for one of the links, but I couldn't really figure out how to do camber in the rear. From what I've read on here it seems it can be done, though.

Originally posted by Big Sky
Has anyone tracked down the "factory" alignment specs?

I'm reading that both front and rear camber are adjustable- correct?

I'm also reading about -1.6ish max neg camber front w/ the oe eccentric bolts?

Does anybody know what kind of caster the 8 comes w/?

FWIW there is an outfit in AU that manufactures caster/camber plates for a wide variety of vehicles (not sure on the EVO), on the WRX it adds ~ 1.5 degrees positive caster and a little over one degree of camber (above what can be achieved w/ the oe eccentric bolts).

Thanks.

Big Sky
Old May 3, 2003, 06:49 PM

Thanks- that was the info I was looking for. Looks like caster is about what we get (WRX) ~ 3.5 degrees. Very nice that you guys get to adjust camber in the rear as ours are non-adjustable (rear) w/o plates/bolts. We get a little less adjustment in the front ~ -1.4 is what ours max out (oe bolt).

Big Sky