Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

speed camera in your area?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cops Lie
In baltimore city we have cameras that snap your picture if you run a red light. On the news there was a story of a guy who got caught, so they sent him a picture of him running the light. He then sent them a picture of a 50$ check, and recived a picture of handcuffs lol
here they have the cameras for toll violators, a guy i know went through the toll on his motorcycle holding up his ezpass... they sent him a ticket and a picture of him HOLDING UP THE EZPASS... if was clear enough to read his bike plates, but ALSO clear enough to make out the words ezpass on the squarish device he was holding up. he circled the ezpass in his hand on the photo and sent it back to them, and they didn't both him about it again
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:58 AM

I hope to" GOD" Massachusetts doesnt get any of these.....
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by klutchcontrol
I hope to" GOD" Massachusetts doesnt get any of these.....
Massachusetts actually has cops that lie, I've seen them flat out lie twice on tickets. i was shocked, since the cops in NJ are pretty honest, and sometimes even forgiving with the mph over the limit.

also in mass I was pulled over for 71mph in a 65... wtf kinda deal is that?

one more thing about mass... if you're drivnig 391 south from holyoke area towards springfield don't speed, even if you have a radar detector. they on that strip running lidar(lazer) traps all the time.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

when I was in az in my drunkin college years-
the scottsdale pd used to set up an un-manned photo radar on 48 st. south. It had a speed indicator(your speed) then as your whipping around the corner, small flashes- I recieved a citation with 3 pics in it- one of the front of my mr2, one close up of the driver, and my rear plate- (we only had one)
went to court on that one- expensive
then, we (3 friends and myself) put clown masks on and hauled azz thruogh the trap- no joke got the 3 pics in the mail!
went to court and it was dismissed.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

I got a parking ticket in the mail once whereon the ticket the was the wrong car....

it was in a town I hadn't been in over a year, car on ticket was a camry, at the time i owned a 99 BMW328i... damn cop just f'd up the character on the license plate.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

There was an article in the Washington Post about how many of the cameras on the Dulles Toll Road aren't even turned on... not enough $$$ to run them... Here's a quote:

"When drivers blow through the toll lanes on the Dulles Toll Road without paying, a red security light immediately flashes and starts whirling in circles. A loud bell rings.

And that's it. Forever.

Despite the gaudy appearance of enforcement, it's all for show, state officials acknowledged. That little device that looks like it houses a camera? There's nothing in there. There is no equipment to catch toll cheaters. No pictures are taken. No ticket is issued. No note is sent home to Mom.

And, most important for Virginia, no money is collected. The lack of enforcement costs the state about $1.2 million a year, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation, which said about 6,600, or 1.7 percent, of the 381,000 weekday toll road users get away without paying."
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

There are red light cameras all over the greater L.A. area. They are just revenue raising devices. They purposely shorten the yellow light to encourage drivers to run the red, and then ticket them. I don't know what happened to the right to confront your accuser.

There's a big campaign on to ticket drivers who don't have front license plates (required in Calif.), because they need a pic of your face and your lic. plate to enforce the photo ticket.

Look, running red lights is stupid and dangerous, but this kind of enforecement stinks. It's just another tax on motorists.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
There are red light cameras all over the greater L.A. area. They are just revenue raising devices. They purposely shorten the yellow light to encourage drivers to run the red, and then ticket them. I don't know what happened to the right to confront your accuser.

There's a big campaign on to ticket drivers who don't have front license plates (required in Calif.), because they need a pic of your face and your lic. plate to enforce the photo ticket.

Look, running red lights is stupid and dangerous, but this kind of enforecement stinks. It's just another tax on motorists.
=P put this in your front plate

and tint the upper half of your windshield. OR drive with your visor down all the time. =P The law says that you can tint the visor. just..."extend" the visor a lil. ;p
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

I don't mind toll and red light cams, speed is what i really just can not tolerate
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

I got a ticket the other day for my Jeep running through a toll both-but the picture they sent was of a Mercedes with different plate. Got that bad boy dismissed in a hurry! If was tough to contain my sarcasm and digust in the letter.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

I got a ticket from a speed camera in DC about two weeks ago. It was pretty irritating but truth be told it was a lot better than being pulled over by a cop. The ticket was only $50 and I didn't get any points on my license. The last ticket I got when I was actually pulled over was on I-81 South and it was $120 and I got 4 points on my license.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 06:29 PM

man, i dont really like the idea of cameras, especially on the highways...can you imagine how many people they will ticket? here in IL the speed limit is 55 almost everywhere, but 75 is the norm.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
People, just check out this website

http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
People, just check out this website

http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp

I've also made my contributions to that site so that the nationwide/local audience

can look it up...

I'll be referring to this anytime I plan a long road trip
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

MY GOD those speed cameras in taipei really kill the fun in life for me. I was driving on the northern tip of Taiwan from danshui to 3zhi, those roads should be perfect for the evo, i can imagine your pain dude.