Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

speed camera in your area?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
speed camera in your area?

How many live in a city where there are speed cameras? Just wondering if anyone has seen those license plates that flip up at a touch of a button so that all you can see is the back of the plate? Not sure if its old stuff or what but my friend just installed one on his Evo and its virtually undetectable when its down. Might be installing one on my car because the cops here dont care about you speeding only the speed cameras
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
id take my chances with the speed cameras vs getting caught with something that is illegal even if you arent using it (atleast in the states).
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tritech
id take my chances with the speed cameras vs getting caught with something that is illegal even if you arent using it (atleast in the states).
true... but what about them photoblocker spray paint things that they sell over in the US...wouldnt that be just as illegal?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

lol I do. watch the news and you'll find 'em. ;p
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

no, use to have the speed vans back in 04 but that didnt last long
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
Just wondering if anyone has seen those license plates that flip up at a touch of a button so that all you can see is the back of the plate? Not sure if its old stuff or what but my friend just installed one on his Evo and its virtually undetectable when its down.
sounds like taipei is place for the james bond evos
whats next , smoke screen? lol
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

thank god they took down all of the red light cameras in VA last year. They still have them in DC, though.

One problem with the photoblocker is that at places like Airports, when you leave, the attendant in the booth focuses the camera until they can see your tags clearly. But now that I think about it, the photoblocker works when there's a flash, and the video at the airport doesn't use a flash. I guess it would work...
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

do the sprays really work? are the permanant or do you have to reapply every few months? anyone have self taken flash pics?

we don't have speed cams around here... at least they don't take the pictures... if you're going over the limit by 5mph+ the fash goes off, but they aren't approved to give photo tickets out in NJ yet I don't believe.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by byron3636
do the sprays really work? are the permanant or do you have to reapply every few months? anyone have self taken flash pics?

we don't have speed cams around here... at least they don't take the pictures... if you're going over the limit by 5mph+ the fash goes off, but they aren't approved to give photo tickets out in NJ yet I don't believe.
=P better watch out.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

I heard those photoblockers dont work. They use some kind of computer software to see pass that stuff... thats what I heard. They try to sell that here but it died out quickly. At night when cops are behind you your plates will be very reflective because of the headlights from the car behind.... every cop here knows those spray things so it dont go far here. BTW those things only last about a week or two I bet...even worse if water gets on it.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

yeah I wouldn't doubt them eventually making them legal for municipalities to use. RIght now I know there are just to make my radar detector go off and show me my trap speed down certain roads

any places out there use easy pass or any other toll payment and try and issues speed violation tickets?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

We got red light cameras/ speed cameras at a lot of the intersections around here and they are putting speed cameras on the freeways too.

I was just talking with a friend about the flip up plates the other day, but I think by the time you notice the camera and go to hit a switch, it would be too late.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gaijin
We got red light cameras/ speed cameras at a lot of the intersections around here and they are putting speed cameras on the freeways too.

I was just talking with a friend about the flip up plates the other day, but I think by the time you notice the camera and go to hit a switch, it would be too late.
sounds like a car show gadget. how much for one? haha
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:51 AM

In baltimore city we have cameras that snap your picture if you run a red light. On the news there was a story of a guy who got caught, so they sent him a picture of him running the light. He then sent them a picture of a 50$ check, and recived a picture of handcuffs lol
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Cops Lie
In baltimore city we have cameras that snap your picture if you run a red light. On the news there was a story of a guy who got caught, so they sent him a picture of him running the light. He then sent them a picture of a 50$ check, and recived a picture of handcuffs lol
this is great