Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

STi owners = haters ???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamLike1
Saw a black '06 STi today, tried waving/peace sign instead he made some face at me. jackass! Do you guys get disrespect from them too?
No actually the local STi owner here is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Larry the STi guy...

-Nate
Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

thats good.... i wish i had same experiences :-\
Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Is it really possible that there are some STI owners out there who are unaware of what an Evo really is, namely the primary "competition"? I would think ownership of an STI or an Evo would necessarily imply knowledge of and respect for the other.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:52 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

STi owners in my area are all cool guys, some of the nicest folks I met.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
I wave, they wave. I've actually been ignored by more Evos than STis

yup.

I've met more cocky evo owners, Sti and wrx owners seem to be really friendly.
even hung out w/ them a few times.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Suby owners is my area are all cocky..
Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mathgeek
Is it really possible that there are some STI owners out there who are unaware of what an Evo really is, namely the primary "competition"? I would think ownership of an STI or an Evo would necessarily imply knowledge of and respect for the other.
you would think that, but I'd say there are more STi drivers who don't know about the Evo than the other way around. I'd say there are a lot of people who have just always driven Subarus maybe bought it because it's the ultimate subaru, and couldn't give a rat's *** about WRC or Evos or 2F2F or anything like that...
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

the ones that are on here saying the sti's are the cocky and jackasses are probably the jackasses for the Evo themselves
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:05 PM
Ike
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mathgeek
Nah, they exist, I came across an STi owner that had no idea what kind of car I had, he thought it was an STi like his. I was driving my WRX at the time, it had some mods but no indicators that it was an STi, and it was a bugeye... I spent the next 10 minutes explaing the history of the Impreza in the US to him.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:09 PM
Ike
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
you would think that, but I'd say there are more STi drivers who don't know about the Evo than the other way around. I'd say there are a lot of people who have just always driven Subarus maybe bought it because it's the ultimate subaru, and couldn't give a rat's *** about WRC or Evos or 2F2F or anything like that...
True, Subaru has brand loyalty that most car companies could only dream of, and for good reason. They make very safe, reliable cars, and only in the past 4 or 5 years some fast very fun to drive cars (If you're in North America at least).
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

i think its true, i'll be in my car or my buddys srt-4 we see an sti and they dont even acknowledge you. its sad really. and usually the srt-4 guys will rev at me after that i just usually shoot em the bird. but yea other then that i havent met too many people with stis who are friendly just the few people who i personally know. oh and another thing every yes i will every. every evo owner i see, i usually get a honk wave or a high beam. that shows respect.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dustin03
if it spools is cool with me

that was the absolute coolest line on this thread
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:25 PM
Huy

I think most people who don't wave only do so because they think it's weird.

Probably a little different here in Australia, but most Evo's i have come across have waved/smiled/nodded etc (don't see too many). Same goes for the STi's and WRX's, although a lot don't as well. You can't really stereotype because a few people didn't wave back.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:36 PM

When I'm driving the STi I get 2 distinct reactions from people driving Evo's. The first response is the most common, people smile and wave back. Once in a while I wave and get a look like "why the **** you lookin' at me". It's the same when I'm on the GSXR, most guys wave, a few (mostly dirt bag's on Harleys) shoot you a dirty look. **** 'em if they want to hate.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

heh, I wave to Evo's ! I rarely see them, the one I did wave to didnt wave back, but then again he didnt seem to be paying attention.

Quick Reply: STi owners = haters ???