Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

STi owners = haters ???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cabo
Haha -- funny how you keep changing your response "strategy" to basically counter mine. Your first response was a weak attempt to "prove" something to me, making it seem like you had organized your post and presented it in such a way that I would just have to be "wrong". Now you turn around and act like I'm not worth your time. If I wasn't worth your time, you wouldn't have even posted your last response.

Me -- a genius? Hardly. Your last ditch "whatever" style of post, followed by name calling, basically spells out your intelligence level. I'll give you a hint: you're farther away from a genius level than I am.

E-*****? Maybe. People tend to say a bit more online than they would in person -- but then again, the medium tends to encourage that type of behavior.

You might be right though, so in the interest of fairness, I'll behave as I would in a "face to face" forum. I'll ignore you.

Cabo
listen you yourself lol, you're a joke. Who the hell has a response "strategy".. only morons like you who try to sound smarter than you really are. In reality you're probably a janitor at an elementary school or something.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:01 PM

i raced one on the freeway. He honked when we went our separate ways. the ones i've run into were pretty cool.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gunnerman
i raced one on the freeway. He honked when we went our separate ways. the ones i've run into were pretty cool.
sweet, how did the race go if you dont mind me asking
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:09 PM

One of my best friends owns a STi. I've been with him on occasion when he give the obligatory wave to another STi (or even reg WRX at times) and will routinely get snubbed. I don't think he would wave to an Evo but if one waved to him he'd wave back.

I always enjoy a good wave. I raced some MR2 on the highway one afternoon in my ailing 7bolt Talon on it's last leg (crank walk, now a 6bolt stroker) and he ended up pulling on me. Later down the highway I went to exit and gave him the 'good goin' wave and I could see him in my mirror scramble to get his window down so he could recipricate. You gotta love that! (even tho I lost )

Everyone wave to everyone!
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tjpdigital
One of my best friends owns a STi. I've been with him on occasion when he give the obligatory wave to another STi (or even reg WRX at times) and will routinely get snubbed. I don't think he would wave to an Evo but if one waved to him he'd wave back.

I always enjoy a good wave. I raced some MR2 on the highway one afternoon in my ailing 7bolt Talon on it's last leg (crank walk, now a 6bolt stroker) and he ended up pulling on me. Later down the highway I went to exit and gave him the 'good goin' wave and I could see him in my mirror scramble to get his window down so he could recipricate. You gotta love that! (even tho I lost )

Everyone wave to everyone!
Nice! This is the kind of stuff im talking about that some other, less informed members (i.e. cabo) dont seem to understand. Waving, receiving waves, and all that good stuff is a part of owning cool cars!

And in regards to my thread, I wouldn't have posted it it were simply ONE STi owner, but a general trend I had noticed. So I wondered if anyone else had noticed it too, just feeling for information. Clearly this is above Cabo's head, as he has to look at everything in black and white. Oh well, if I see him on the streets I'll just remember to flip him off.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:47 AM
Ike
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DreamLike1
Nice! This is the kind of stuff im talking about that some other, less informed members (i.e. cabo) dont seem to understand. Waving, receiving waves, and all that good stuff is a part of owning cool cars!

And in regards to my thread, I wouldn't have posted it it were simply ONE STi owner, but a general trend I had noticed. So I wondered if anyone else had noticed it too, just feeling for information. Clearly this is above Cabo's head, as he has to look at everything in black and white. Oh well, if I see him on the streets I'll just remember to flip him off.
I'd like to be flipped off as well, thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2006, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

my experiences w/ other wrx/sti's so far have been, tailgating me, pulling up w/ excessive BOV f@$%king noise, or even high beaming. WTF?!?! i dont know....... w/ other EVO's, usually a wave, but i just tend to nod because theres actually quite a few EVO drivers that are older and just got the car for the mid life crisis. lol j/p but i guess its the area you live in.....
Old Jan 13, 2006, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by DreamLike1
I feel ya. It sprang to mind to respond cus my STi buddy has commented this very issue few time.*waves to passing STi* "ahhh nothing! Well nevermind then! Froget it!" It does seem to really annoy some people. You want to have this brotherhood surrounding something you love(your car) and then when that person appears to disregard your attempt to connect, you it immediately puts you off. Like they're slighting you. Don't get me wrong. I've thought the exact same thing when I wave to passing 97TSiAWD but MAINLY cus I don't see that many of them. Recognize I'm here and you don't see another of us often!! heh but they don't care

I'm not sure if it's Suby guys hatin on Mitsu or if they're just jealous or hell they just weren't paying attention (phone calls are important ya know) But in the end, I don't see anything wrong with every Evo guy/girl in this forum giving a high-sign to every other Evo guy/girl when they thunder past each other. And hey don't forget us DSMer!! We're 4g63 too! We can all show the boxers some love, why not.

Ah screw it, I can't be waving to all these people. My arm will get tired and cold. Keep the windows up boys.

Last edited by tjpdigital; Jan 13, 2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Not everyone thinks alike. You could wave at someone, and they may just be trying to figure out if they knew you, and who you were. That is a big possibility of not waving back, as far as getting the finger back, or thumbs down.....well, that could be rude. I have waved, and also been waved at, sometimes I don't have time to wave back, their already passing the opposite direction. Same with the bikes, sometimes someone coming the other direction will wave, most times I look for it, others, something on the road requires my attention more than looking over waving back.