Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How are these prices?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How are these prices?

Hi guys, ive been lurking around here for a while and ive decided to go ahead and attempt to get my Evo in febuary or maybe the latter part of march. Here is my delima. I get great deals on them becuse of where i work:

2006 Evo GSR w/o SSL:
If ordered from Factory $ 28,315
If ordered from Dealer Lot $ 28,881

2006 Evo GSR w/ SSL:
If ordered from Factory $ 31,124
If ordered from Dealer Lot $ 31,690

2006 Evo MR:
If ordered from Factory $ 32,727
If ordered from Dealer Lot $ 33,381

Since you guys own them already and prob. know what a good deal is. How are these prices? Also ill include what i can get the RS for just as reference:

2006 Evo RS:
If ordered from Factory $ 26,287
If ordered from Dealer Lot $ 26,813

All prices are out the door with tax and title etc
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Those look great to me. That price on the 06 RS is very tempting
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Those are by far the cheapest OTD prices I have seen.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, duh, what kind of question is that? If you can get an MR OTD for $32.7k, then it's a no-brainer. The invoice price alone is 34.7k after you include the zero lift kit, MR package, and destination charge. Then, add on ~$2000 for TTL, which is unavoidable, and the OTD price AT INVOICE is 36.7k. So, basically, you can get an MR for _$4000_ under invoice. I can't imagine why you'd ask us if those rae "good" prices. That's like asking if bears **** in the woods. Come on now...
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Im really leaning toward the MR after much research. I was looking at the SSL package but i dont need or want leather, a sunroof is something ill hardly use, but i MUST have hid's. So i think that the MR fits me. The car will see the SCCA auto-x a good bit, maybe the strip a few times but it wont be a drag car
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WRXEM
Im really leaning toward the MR after much research. I was looking at the SSL package but i dont need or want leather, a sunroof is something ill hardly use, but i MUST have hid's. So i think that the MR fits me. The car will see the SCCA auto-x a good bit, maybe the strip a few times but it wont be a drag car
Get the RS for almost $6,500 less (and the lightest of the bunch) and add aftermarket HIDs. It is lightweight and you will save a ton of money which can then be used to set it up for autox or track with coilovers, rubber, etc. If you need creature comforts like power windows, get a IX GSR and still save some money. The MR is great, but the 6-speed is not worth all that much more IMO and the rest of the parts you cane asily buy or will end up upgrading anyways.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by newmr
Get the RS for almost $6,500 less (and the lightest of the bunch) and add aftermarket HIDs. It is lightweight and you will save a ton of money which can then be used to set it up for autox or track with coilovers, rubber, etc. If you need creature comforts like power windows, get a IX GSR and still save some money. The MR is great, but the 6-speed is not worth all that much more IMO and the rest of the parts you cane asily buy or will end up upgrading anyways.

At that price I'd say the MR is worth it...especially if you do not plan on swapping out the wheels and suspension.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

I have a GSR and had the option of getting the MR for only 1500 more (both used and 05's). Now i wish i would have gotten the RS. I'd have that thing stipped to all hell! Oh well, i'll know better the next time i upgrade.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Hi guys, ive been lurking around here for a while and ive decided to go ahead and attempt to get my Evo in febuary or maybe the latter part of march. Here is my delima. I get great deals on them becuse of where i work:

2006 Evo GSR w/o SSL:

2006 Evo GSR w/ SSL:

2006 Evo MR:

Since you guys own them already and prob. know what a good deal is. How are these prices? Also ill include what i can get the RS for just as reference:

2006 Evo RS:

If you dont mind after you get the car and have your paperwork will you post some pics of your paperwork? 26k for the RS or 32k for the MR otd is insane and you should buy it soon as possible.

Last edited by RiversideMitsu; Jan 12, 2006 at 09:50 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get great deals on cars at work as well, but usually you can't get special cars like the Evo included in those deals.

I have one from dodge that's 1% under invoice or something like that, but it doesn't include SRT models, or the viper.

You better make sure that the Evo is one of the models, because they don't have a lot of overhead on these vehicles.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

at these prices you are better served, taking orders from everyone on evom and making a $1000-2000 profit and still selling them brand new cheaper than almost anywhere. these prices are crazy...I'll take 2 of each please.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

2006 Evo GSR w/o SSL:

2006 Evo GSR w/ SSL:

2006 Evo MR:

2006 Evo RS:

Where exactly did you get these prices? I hope you have a dealers license to order from the Factory?

Just wondering... those are low! I would like to buy from your source!

Best regards,
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
I get great deals on cars at work as well, but usually you can't get special cars like the Evo included in those deals.

I have one from dodge that's 1% under invoice or something like that, but it doesn't include SRT models, or the viper.

You better make sure that the Evo is one of the models, because they don't have a lot of overhead on these vehicles.
I get that same deal but it does include some srt models, it includes teh viper, ram truck, srt-4 and srt-6 but neither of the SRT-8's.

Id be more than happy to take pics of the paperwork for you guys. Im about 99.9% sure im getting the MR in either white or grey. Now its time to have a "pulling my car back to stock to trade it in" sell on the subbie forums... they are going to disown me ha!
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Those prices are good. The GSR with the SSL is about $3k less than I paid for my car. Personally I would go for the RS. I bought the Evo for the way it performs. I do like the stereo and the leather but ou have to ask yourself what you want the car for. I was going to buy an 04 RS, brand new from the dealer for $24k, but the car sold before I could get to the dealer a few days later. The GSR I bought with the SSl package was the last one they had and I wanted to get an Evo (especially after the test drive) so that is what I got. I paid almost over $33k for the car. Simple math, almost $10k more for a sunroof, stereo and leather. Do get me wrong I LOVE my car, but I would rather have paid that much less for virtually the same car. In the end it comes done the features you want and the price you are willing to pay. You won't be disappointed with any of them.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds a bit too good to be true but who knows. I can't imagine that any dealer would be that desperate on an '06 until the Evo X comes out and they still have IXs in stock. Even then maybe not.

Tom