Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO owners, i have a question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO owners, i have a question

Hello,

I myself own a RA and hope that one day I can afford the EVO. Today, driving home from work I hear the sounds of a lawnmower in the distance. I glanced over for a good laugh and to my horror it was an EVO making that noise! DO EVOs make that weak *** exhaust noise? Also every time the driver shifted the car made a popping sound, like a firecracker exploding at every shift. Is that normal for the EVO? It almost looked like there was a spark at the tailpipe when he shifted? Please tell me that this was a poser who ruined my favorite car...

Jeremy
Old Jan 12, 2006, 07:29 PM

ok,
it was a poser who ruined your favorite car
Old Jan 12, 2006, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

My EVO never sounded that way (yes, I've traded it in, just need to update my profile).

Bad tune?

Bad choice and/or combination of mods?

Cabo
Old Jan 12, 2006, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

No he most probably has a TBE exhuast with a VTA bov causing the "spark" btw. shifts and most probably untuned.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

yeah the spark is a flame just like the guy a FLAMER! god when will people learn abot vtas?!
Old Jan 12, 2006, 07:35 PM
Ike
Evolving Member

In addition the 4g63 doesn't produce the most awe inspiring exhaust note no matter what exhaust is on it.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

i have heard an evo around here... it sounded pretty damn horrible ( ), but then that was just 1 the other evo's I have heard sounded pretty great! So i suppose it depends a lot
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was a Daihatsu with a body kit
Old Jan 12, 2006, 09:59 PM

i think the 4g63 can sound pretty good...i have AMS turbo back and it is loud, but has a very deep rumble and doesnt sound like a civic pack of bumblebees.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 01:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Monkeychemist
Hello,

I myself own a RA and hope that one day I can afford the EVO. Today, driving home from work I hear the sounds of a lawnmower in the distance. I glanced over for a good laugh and to my horror it was an EVO making that noise! DO EVOs make that weak *** exhaust noise? Also every time the driver shifted the car made a popping sound, like a firecracker exploding at every shift. Is that normal for the EVO? It almost looked like there was a spark at the tailpipe when he shifted? Please tell me that this was a poser who ruined my favorite car...

Jeremy
no not normal
Old Jan 13, 2006, 03:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Monkeychemist
Hello,

I myself own a RA and hope that one day I can afford the EVO. Today, driving home from work I hear the sounds of a lawnmower in the distance. I glanced over for a good laugh and to my horror it was an EVO making that noise!...

Jeremy
^I like the way you said it. sound like a lawnmower.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:46 AM

Well thank you for the reassurance that it is just some jerk who ruined it and that the car is not like that...i just dont get it...why would you ruin such an amazing car...do you REALLY need to squeeze that extra 10hp out of it? does 310 go that much faster than 300? haha. (I dont really know the real HP but i know its 300+)

Jeremy
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:20 AM

actually it's 286hp... close though... could be a flame kit runnin on the Evo ? I've seen people do it before... doesn't really look like it would be good for the exhaust but whatever floats your tractor i guess...

lmao at the lawnmower... i'm sure everyone in here can agree with something that I came up with one day leaving school... walking across the parking lot and a CRX flys past me with a huge (probobly no name) exhaust on it and sounds like a lawnmower... so i have now officially dubbed the CRX the Craftsman CRX

no offence to the CRX drivers out there... i'll probobly end up with one myself...