Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Stance Coilovers!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 08:13 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted AWD
Ok, by them, when they BLOW and when you realize that the ride is horrible, don't come drying to me.

Suspensions are not easy to manufacture and should not be slapped together. I mean show me what kind of testing Megan does, I doubt any, they just copy a more expensive brand and release them. This is what Megan does, and no amount of arguing will change the fact that these coilovers are ****. They are priced very similar to Omnipowers and probably offer the same quality, or lack there of.
Uhh, ok. So because they are priced similarly they must be crap? Hmm, ok with your logic then the D2 which is made in Taiwan like the Megan and is priced similarly must be crap too. And Apexi ExV must be crap too since its made in the same factory as the Megans.

Geez, with outsourcing and manufacturing these days it doesn't matter where your stuff is made or the label on the product. The bottom line is if it works good.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 08:49 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ZK
Uhh, ok. So because they are priced similarly they must be crap? Hmm, ok with your logic then the D2 which is made in Taiwan like the Megan and is priced similarly must be crap too. And Apexi ExV must be crap too since its made in the same factory as the Megans.

Geez, with outsourcing and manufacturing these days it doesn't matter where your stuff is made or the label on the product. The bottom line is if it works good.
Looks like you made up your mind then, go buy them, end thread. Again remember, Megan copies other peoples products with inferior materials, go ahead and buy the cheapest coilovers you can possible get for an Evo, I'm sure it'll work great .

D2 makes and cuts their own springs, they also support their own racing teams based on their coilovers.

I have had experience with cheap coilovers and with quality, what experience do you have sir

If Megan made a turbo would you buy it?

Last edited by Boosted AWD; Jan 13, 2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Fact- D2 are develop, test in taiwan and made in China. They just bought the name from the Team D2 to package their product. And please stop being prejudice.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:10 PM
Account Disabled

Please stop being prejudice? Please, don't through the race card when it obviously doesn't belong here. Even AMS pointed out cheap Chinese ripoffs when their FMIC was copied.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't say racist, I said Prejudice. PRE-JUDGE on something you don't know. And why D2 is good if they are made in China?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[edit]

Last edited by Zeus; Jan 13, 2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:31 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Zeus
Wow... talk about misinformed... those Omnipowers do look poor... however, Megan did not "copy someone else's product... using inferior materials" at all. They went straight to the manufacturer of a few "known Japanese brand" Coilovers, and had them sale them their product. Simple as that. It has already been posted who the manufacturer is on another thread (wish it had not been). The current street/light track set up is 8k/6k with a race setup 12k/10k a few months away with an assortment of various rate coils for individual purchase not long after that. Their warranty is full replacement, and I've not had anything but good review thus far... are they Ohins/Motons? Of course not, but they are far from crap also. More and more customers are buying them everyday (sold a set a day over the last three) from this board and there will be more and more reviews.

Here is another with more pics showing they are not manufactured like the Omni's:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...coilovers+zeus

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...chmentid=73956
Not to discredit you in any way sir, but I was with you RIGHT up until you said you SOLD a set, so why not PM the poster and sell him some? Why not post your info and how much you sell them for and you know the rest? You're a vendor, OF COURSE your going to say that they are good, you sell them. Hell even Dave Buschur sold Omnipowers for a while and stated it gave the Evo a good ride and were great. Then a lot of them failed and they were puller, he don't sell them anymore.

If you DO go with these, may I STONGLY suggest you get the street setup with the 8K and 6K. And btw is that warranty ONLY valid after you remove a failed coilover and send it back to them to inspect?

I did that, I was out the cost of the install AND corner balance, and I had to buy new coilovers and send them the old ones. What B.S.

Last edited by Boosted AWD; Jan 13, 2006 at 09:40 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

hmm...any info on stance coilovers?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:55 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[edit]

Last edited by Zeus; Jan 13, 2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:01 PM
Account Disabled

Sorry... just sent a long winded PM to Boosted AWD to keep it out of the thread...

As for Stance, I've never hear of them until this thread... They "look ok" but who knows... I'd go to the various 240sx/Silvia forums as see what those guys think. They tend to try out new mid range suspensions quicker than any other group.
WOW, didn't mean to **** you off, welp here is your PM, maybe others can read it, I sure as heck won't.

You have obviously been f u c k e d over... I'm sorry to hear that... I've experienced it also, and the sting lives on long after the parts are dead and gone.

I did say SOLD. Usually I don't sale anything I have not tried. My original Megan Coilover sets were sold to customers with no grand sales pitch as I had no experience with them. Therefore, I simply said here they are, here is a replacement warranty (you get the replacement BEFORE you ship the damaged unit back), I've heard good things from the 240sx community.

Granted, there is "Vendor" under my name. That is actually is not very accurate. I do sale a few parts at a low profit for the most part. The only thing I sale the Evo community is the Megan exhaust products/coilovers, Revolver products, and now Buschur has approached me. My sales are very low due to the fact I DO NOT want to be in retail sales. I originally did this to get better pricing for my local customer's Evos I do work on. Then they talked to others etc, etc.

I don't offer anything I don't believe in... matter of fact, if you ask me to buy the "wrong" Megan part, I will not sale it to you, and I will tell you what I think of it. I'm first and for most an enthusiast... and if I can help my fellow entuisiasts with good prices on decent products while helping to support my mod habit, so be it. I am not a crap peddler pushing SHlT at customers just to make a buck. I'm 9 yrs from a Gov't retirement for the purposes of $$$
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

AAAHHHHHHHHHH SHUT UP ALREADY!!!! this sounds like a bickering post insead of a informative post...

Zeus-im all with you on this one...he is misinformed, period.

Experience- i have two sets of KONI yellows on two different cars that are a coilover set up. i also have a set of Tein Flex with EDFC. so i can agree with you about spring values and such that they have to mate with the shock/strut. i was also on a race team for 7 years and dealt with having to corner weight the cars suspension. that was my primary job on the team.

Boosted AWD-thank you for confusing the original poster about the products that you speak of. he (the original poster) was mearly asking what experience ANYONE had with the STANCE coilovers. he didnt ask about the D2 coilovers or if they were better than anything else. he just wanted to point out that there is another set of reasonably price coilovers on the market.

Megan is Chinese, crap, and probably as good as my Omnipowers (ALSO CHINESE) and they blew to pieces inside of three months.
as for trying to say that the MEGAN Racing coilovers are crap-check your facts before opening your pie hole. if people want to put on an INEXPENSIVE set of coilovers that work well, so be it. its their money. they might work just as well as another "large name brand" set up since they do come from the same factory. they are built well and seem to hold up for people that track their cars. dont bash something you have not tried yourself.

does it really matter where it was made?? ummm nope dont think so. as long as it works well and lasts after being tracked, bashed, autocrossed, rallied, etc. it will prove its worth. havent heard or read any failures on the Megan Racing coilovers yet. havent heard any failures of the Teins either. heck, ive had a failure on my KONI yellow struts. sent it back, had a new set within a week. KONI is a great company to work with. no compaints other than outfitting two vehicles with KONI yellows was expensive compared to "other" manufacturers set ups.

all in all-this thread was for an opinion on the new STANCE coil overs. not to argue about the D2s, or the Megans, or the Omni Powers, etc...

Last edited by badhabit90; Jan 13, 2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:06 PM

I have had Megans on my STI for 8 months....0 problems, BCEC is on eof the absolute best in Taiwan.....

I liked them so much, I go them on my Evo too....

don't generalize, I have had no problems and I would buy them before "some" other brands. I know of people who have had Tiens explode......and others....we will see with the Megan's
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by badhabit90
AAAHHHHHHHHHH SHUT UP ALREADY!!!! this sounds like a bickering post insead of a informative post...
Originally Posted by badhabit90

Zeus-im all with you on this one...he is misinformed, period.

Experience- i have two sets of KONI yellows on two different cars that are a coilover set up. i also have a set of Tein Flex with EDFC. so i can agree with you about spring values and such that they have to mate with the shock/strut.

Boosted AWD-thank you for confusing the original poster about the products that you speak of. he (the original poster) was mearly asking what experience ANYONE had with the STANCE coilovers. he didnt ask about the D2 coilovers or if they were better than anything else. he just wanted to point out that there is another set of reasonably price coilovers on the market.

as for trying to say that the MEGAN Racing coilovers are crap-check your facts before opening your pie hole. if people want to put on an INEXPENSIVE set of coilovers that work well, so be it. its their money. they might work just as well as another "large name brand" set up since they do come from the same factory. they are built well and seem to hold up for people that track their cars. dont bash something you have not tried yourself.

does it really matter where it was made?? ummm nope dont think so. as long as it works well and lasts after being tracked, bashed, autocrossed, rallied, etc. it will prove its worth. havent heard or read any failures on the Megan Racing coilovers yet. havent heard any failures of the Teins either. heck, ive had a failure on my KONI yellow struts. sent it back, had a new set within a week. KONI is a great company to work with. no compaints other than outfitting two vehicles with KONI yellows was expensive compared to "other" manufacturers set ups.

all in all-this thread was for an opinion on the new STANCE coil overs. not to argue about the D2s, or the Megans, or the Omni Powers, etc...

I find it weird that you start off your post with SHUT UP and then flame me. Like your word is so solid yet mine is crap; aren’t we narcissistic? What makes you a better source then me? This thread asks for opinions, I gave mine.

Misinformed? How? I say that they are crap, bottom barrel, and inferior coilovers. Compared to the competition they are the LOWEST offered for teh Evo. Who makes these? Zeus says they are made by SOMEONE, who? I would like to know becuase if it is NOT Megan, the fastest way to find out is by finding the real brand then huh?

I am sorry I put you in such a Tizzy, but Megan does in FACT make a living by copying (READ STEALING) designs from other vendors and products and making them with cheap labor and materials. Some stuff I like, their exhaust for one work ok, had some clearing issues with 05's but you can get away with cheap piping, coilovers are another story.

I also want IN WRITING that these Megans are simply OTHER coilovers debadged, show me that please, all we have are words here people and so far any of us is right.

And yes IT DOES matter where it is made, it certainly does sir. Taiwan has superior manufacturing while the Chinese market is NOTORIOUS for stealing intellectual property and remaking it for a cheap sale. It has happened to AMS and even APEXi with its turbo timers. Japan is Ideal and most expensive and yeah a LOT of their parts are souced out to Taiwan, HKS for does this so does TIEN. D2 has a remarkable quality control and testing for their products and they support them as well. SO does HKS.

Hey man, I can type a bunch of ugly derogatory words about you and make you look like the bad guy too, but NEXT TIME, add some facts to your anger sir.

Last edited by Boosted AWD; Jan 13, 2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:14 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
What's wrong with you, man? I've quietly watched you be a scourge on this site ever since you joined recently (or since you recently became very active), but I haven't said anything until now. Zeus said nothing in that PM that sounded pissed off, and he was very nice and cordial about it all. He was also polite enough to keep it in PMs, since it was more personal than thread-related. Yet, you POST A PRIVATE MESSAGE and say you "sure as heck won't" read it when there's nothing wrong with it at all.

That's very poor and will definitely get deleted, because it is very inappropriate. You have made a large, sweeping assumption on the Megan coilovers just because of a bad experience you had WITH A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AND UNRELATED SET OF COILOVERS, and now you are finding out from Evo owners who actually are educated that they aren't what you think they are. You need to step back, admit (to yourself mainly) to speaking out wrongly without knowing, and then move onward.
Oh My-FING-God did you just call me a scourge? If there EVER was a definition of the "Pot calling the Kettle black, that statement sums it up. I THINK it may even make my sig, I'll have to think about it.

Honestly dude why come in with your 2 cents? You offer it to everyone, weather they want it or not. You are just made about that last thread where you forced your advice onto another member and I called you out on it, then you got flamed off the thread. You got a chip on your shoulder and it has been knocked off, go pick it up and go into another thread and brag about how your the fastest for cheapest.

As far as Zeus, he posted his opinion, I posted mine. He stated that they are OTHER coilovers but doesn't state which ones. I post my EXPERIENCE with CHEAP coilovers which the Megans, by definition ARE. My thoughts are relevant.

I don't care what you think, you are an opinionated hater and while you may possess certain vehicle knowledge (I know you do, you brag about it every time you get a chance) you see the world in black and white and feel you must force your opinion on people. And here you are again, looking for your next battle trying to make the world right, your world that is.

Sorry sir I am not listening.......

Last edited by Boosted AWD; Jan 13, 2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted AWD
And yes IT DOES matter where it is made, it certainly does sir. Taiwan has superior manufacturing while the Chinese market is NOTORIOUS for stealing intellectual property and remaking it for a cheap sale. It has happened to AMS and even APEXi with its turbo timers.
Then why do you think D2 coilovers are so good?

"Fact- D2 are developed and tested in Taiwan, then made in China. They just bought the name from the Team D2 to package their product."

Quick Reply: New Stance Coilovers!