Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Stance Coilovers!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Delete

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jan 13, 2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lilazn64

Sorry for this crap in your thread... I'm deleting all my posts, and adding the second person EVER to my ignore list... at least I wont have to see the banter...

Last edited by Zeus; Jan 13, 2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:32 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Sorry, could you show me this thread? I don't recall getting flamed off a thread. You got caught red-handed in this thread and have gone on to treat one of the most respected members on this board inappropriately (Zeus) while flinging feces at everyone else who proves you wrong - like a scourge (yes, please quote it).

The typical reaction when proven wrong and outnumbered heavily is to lash out irrationally with anger. Interesting, eh?

It would be this thread that you cut and run from MY comments sir, quite funny in fact. You notice that entire thread is you arguning and making that guy sound like an idiot, how dare you?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=177416

Caught RED handed? Jesus you are becoming a cliché' exaggerated caricature of yourself. Dude don’t even argue, I’ll just cut and past your arguments from all you posts (they are all arguments) and just do it for you. I swear it'll sound exactly the same and no one will know.

I have no Issue with Zeus, he just posted that he sent me a LONG winded PM and I thought that the readers of this thread would like to read it, how thoughtful of me, don’t you agree?

Zeus I have no issue with, and I would be a hater if I did, but he stated that I was misinformed and that these coilovers are in fact great, and he also mentioned right then and there that he sells them, curious.

Also Zeus, if you ignor my posts, how would you know if I wanted to buy coilovers from you?

Also could someone ask Zeus WHO in fact makes the Megan coilovers if Megan buys them from someone else and rebadges them?

Last edited by Boosted AWD; Jan 13, 2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

AHHH H E LLL here we go......another thread troll don the flame suit

sooo your going to tell me that all the parts that are in your car-assuming you have an evo- are all better than the aftermarket and work better because they were all manufactured in japan?? dont think so- if you think that ALL the parts in your car were manufactured in japan-which is highly unlikely given the fact that there are subassemblies that do come in to put in the cars-are better than anyone else is just plain stupid.

Misinformed? How? I say that they are crap, bottom barrel, and inferior coilovers. Compared to the competition they are. Whop makes these? Zeus says they are made by SOMEONE, who? I would like to know.
now im sure you really know the reason behind this statement...do you have money for the lawsuit??? i guess you have never been a manager or owner of your own business...

who is being narcissistic now...???

I am sorry I put you in such a Tizzy, but Megan does in FACT make a living by copying (READ STEALING) designs from other vendors and products and making them with cheap labor and materials.
prove they are stealing a design. i guess that also means that SSR wheel, WORK wheel, and many others that have been "copied" are crap too?? guess everyone will have to take off their ROTA wheels cause they are crap.....the cat is out of the bag fellas...sorry you all have been lied to. those wheels just dont cut it cause they are too round, and tooo close of a copy.....

dont see how they "copied" anyone. just cause they have a certain type of pillow ball mount, anodized mounts, etc. that just means they are copied?? i guess that means that all suspension is crap cause they are all copied from one another. the internals/externals will have slight changes and work well with the springs provided and some may not. that is why they have a "patent" for the item. if someone wants to copy it, they can until a lawsuit is filed. have you seen a patent for the tire color yet??? nooope, most all tires are black. guess i need to manufacture a high performance tire and make them pink so no one can copy me...

Hey man, I can type a bunch of ugly derogatory words about you and make you look like the bad guy too, but NEXT TIME, add some facts to your anger sir.
if it makes you feel like an "alpha male" to do such, then go ahead. you can also find the facts yourself. i certainly have and made my decisions based on them.

it sure is funny though, that you seem to defend the D2 coilover set up and think that it was GODs gift for the evo. bottom line-there are many great products out there for all cars that are copied. some work well, while others dont. in this case, you have had a bad experience with a set of coilovers and voice your opinion on them. just wish you had stayed on topic about the original post and not compared your testosterone level with respected people on here.

no offense taken. lets just stay on the original topic.

Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Bor Chuann is the manufacturer for megan coilover and APEXi N1.
http://www.bcec.com.tw/

Last edited by Evo-VIII; Jan 13, 2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by badhabit90
AHHH H E LLL here we go......another thread troll don the flame suit
Originally Posted by badhabit90
sooo your going to tell me that all the parts that are in your car-assuming you have an evo- are all better than the aftermarket and work better because they were all manufactured in japan?? dont think so- if you think that ALL the parts in your car were manufactured in japan-which is highly unlikely given the fact that there are subassemblies that do come in to put in the cars-are better than anyone else is just plain stupid.
now im sure you really know the reason behind this statement...do you have money for the lawsuit??? i guess you have never been a manager or owner of your own business...

who is being narcissistic now...???
prove they are stealing a design. i guess that also means that SSR wheel, WORK wheel, and many others that have been "copied" are crap too?? guess everyone will have to take off their ROTA wheels cause they are crap.....the cat is out of the bag fellas...sorry you all have been lied to. those wheels just dont cut it cause they are too round, and tooo close of a copy.....
dont see how they "copied" anyone. just cause they have a certain type of pillow ball mount, anodized mounts, etc. that just means they are copied?? i guess that means that all suspension is crap cause they are all copied from one another. the internals/externals will have slight changes and work well with the springs provided and some may not. that is why they have a "patent" for the item. if someone wants to copy it, they can until a lawsuit is filed. have you seen a patent for the tire color yet??? nooope, most all tires are black. guess i need to manufacture a high performance tire and make them pink so no one can copy me...

if it makes you feel like an "alpha male" to do such, then go ahead. you can also find the facts yourself. i certainly have and made my decisions based on them.

it sure is funny though, that you seem to defend the D2 coilover set up and think that it was GODs gift for the evo. bottom line-there are many great products out there for all cars that are copied. some work well, while others dont. in this case, you have had a bad experience with a set of coilovers and voice your opinion on them. just wish you had stayed on topic about the original post and not compared your testosterone level with respected people on here.

no offense taken. lets just stay on the original topic.

China is notorious for ripping off and manufacturing inferior parts, this is fact, this is what they do, they steal intellectual property and remake it as cheap as possible and sell it on eBay. This isn’t racist, this is fact. Taiwan is superior in design and manufacturing.

If you read the title of this thread, this person asks if Megan Racing coilovers are any good? Being that they are the CHEAPEST coilovers available (to attract people) and the fact they are made by a company the simply copies other peoples products, I’d be weary. I have also DEALTY with poor, cheap coilovers, they failed, just like you to make a point. I have experience, you have anger. What bothers me is that you offer no valid points, just angst and rage, it hink you enjoy arguing just to be heard. I don't think you have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Like here
i guess you have never been a manager or owner of your own business...who is being narcissistic now...???
That staement made 0 sense, nothing. You were just mad because I called you narcissistic and you had to make a point back, but you didn't.

These Magan coilovers look VERY similar to those of the D2 Racing Sports. D2's have already been copied by a brand known as KSport. They did a good job but are not as good.

D2's can be had for cheap as well, I think they go for $1100, that is not bad.

Last edited by Boosted AWD; Jan 13, 2006 at 11:11 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

OK! WE ALL know china make cheap ****, but why is D2 so good while they are IN FACT made in CHINA?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Delete

Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:15 PM
Account Disabled

wow, sorry to send you off the deep end. No, it was not proper to post his PRIVATE MESSAGE TO YOU.

No, I did not "run" from your comments. I have posts all the way to the very end, and the last post is the OP who finally said he hadn't realized what he could have done until I told him, but that he was still happy and would do it again now that he does know. That's fine with me, so I left it at that. He also requested my assistance via PM for his upcoming purchases. I don't see how you think you did anything special. All I did was answer his question, then the Rice Defense Patrol came out in force led by a Lancer owner.

I'm sorry this has sent you off the deep end, but I guess the more you spew, the sooner you're gone, so please continue, sir.
Send me off the deepend . You just called me a scourge (Of the 7 Seas? ) and that you have been watching me, holding your tounge until now, like it is your place to make the world right and put me in my place right? Gotta save the world and argue again?

And again, yes you did run from my comments, you had nothing to say because you knew you are wrong, everyone was callign you out, the final post even says so and that he asks how do you know you he wont' make as much power as you? Whatever, it's all about you isn't it, you are so selfish, why do I even bother?

Again, you see the world in BLACK and WHITE, you are not worth talking too.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

Sure thing, blonde.

Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

No running whatsoever. He will never make close to as much power as I will with $2800 in mods. He will be lucky to match my current power without a complete setup, and that's a fact. I love how you say everyone was calling me out, haha. IT was like 3-4 people trying to justify spending tons of money for name brands. Wow, I feel so "called out," haha. Shakin' in fear here, oooh.

Please, calm down, though. You're REALLY going crazy here. It's not healthy...
you can stop posting and calm down now, he is banned so you are responding to no one...
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

uhhh yeah....no anger, just experience. and i do know what im talking about. you just seem to be mad at the people that have the experience and knowledge. dont hate-congradulate.

If you read the title of this thread, this person asks if Megan Racing coilovers are any good?
and i do think the topic of this thread is "NEW STANCE COILOVERS" in the EVO general section.

China is notorious for ripping off and manufacturing inferior parts, this is fact, this is what they do, they steal intellectual property and remake it as cheap as possible and sell it on eBay. This isn’t racist, this is fact. Taiwan is superior in design and manufacturing.

hmmm so you think it is all the Chinamen that steal?? i can give you a dozen of people in the Mustang 5.0 world that copied a product from an innovator and took the parts to china for remanufacturing. did the Chinaman steal that??? nope, a good ole American did. i help manufacture some parts here in the good ole USA for the shop i worked at. now everyone has a "copy" of his original "patented" idea. fact is-if one thing is changed on an item, then the patent does not apply anymore and it will be copied. the shop went through a rather large lawsuit with the "other" shop and the "other" shop lost. now the product is being sold by JEGS with some changes to the original part in question. we tested the durability of the chinese manufactured part on the track and it failed towards the end of a 30min track session on a road race course. the car only had a normal aspirated 330hp due to limitations in the class. so dont think the HP level is going to be a factor in some cases.

this has to do with the level of performance for the amount of $$. some people may not ever track their car or drive it spirited through the corners.

so what if you like the D2s. you still havent proven that they are better than the Megans or otherwise.

go take your medication, go pout in your room, and tell your mommy that you dont want to go to school tomorrow....it will all be better in the morning. you wont remember a thing. promise.

Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

I sometimes wonder about the age of some people on this forum, and I mean mental age, not physical!!!!

There is so much knowledge to be found and swopped on this BB but it seems almost every thread turns into a agruement. Everyone has their own opinion, wether it be right or wrong - so if someones opinion doesn't agree with you, DISCUSS IT, and let his opinion be.

No matter what the subject case there will always be something, better, cheaper etc.

I'm starting to hate trying to get knowledge as every thread just ends up pages and pages of C.R.A.P!! - no info

Just my thoughts and I'm sure the thoughts of a few others on this board.

now lets stop fighting about stupid things and help each other out to gain knowledge and have FUN.

Mike
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

Thank Gawd!! Thank You Blonde, Thank You.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

agreed 100% with you BoostedGP. he did come on this thread and start off with

"The best for the street and for the Money are of course D2 Racing sports. They cut their own springs btw, Tein and HKS have to buy their springs."

then a constructive comparison post by Zeus was where they would stand against the Megan coilovers. i would like to see that comparison personally. does the extra money show in performance or longevity?? i would surely like to know.

then Boosted AWD came on and immediately started flaming on the Megans and the "other" coilovers...and became upset at others posting their opinions and experiences.

Quick Reply: New Stance Coilovers!