Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Stance Coilovers!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2006 | 11:23 AM

look nice but looks and performance are two different things
Old Feb 3, 2006 | 03:47 PM

Oh well. STANCE gave me the impression I was the first ones to get these for the EVO. Not that it matters. What matters is that someone needs to review these things and other than this thread, there is no other info on them.

Hmm. In a way it does almost seem to good to be true. An inverted monotube strut coilover that is below the normal mark of about $1500-1600usd and Japanese made. (Not that that matters to some) But I looked at the alternatives.

1. Buddyclubs (would have gone with those, but these came along with somewhat the same specs for less)

2. Megan/Apexi/ etc. (Did not want to sacrifice the inverted strut and who the hell needs 32 ways of adjustment???) Same with the HKS RS (Who needs 32 ways of adjustment!!!)

3. Tein (Did not want the FLEX and anything better is over $1600usd (RA, etc)

Again an interesting option. Besides my stock suspension is starting to get soft and now that I am tracking the car. I think the rates are just enough compromise on the street and track. We will see...
Old Feb 3, 2006 | 04:02 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yf19ex

Hmm. In a way it does almost seem to good to be true. An inverted monotube strut coilover that is below the normal mark of about $1500-1600usd and Japanese made. (Not that that matters to some) But I looked at the alternatives.

I wouldn't be too surprised... KTS Japan has been offering Japanese made inverted monotube coilovers for $1100 for the Nissan tuning community for a while.

http://www.splparts.com/Parts/S13/Su...rs/default.asp
http://www.kts-web.com/product/damper/index.html

Last edited by ZK; Feb 3, 2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2006 | 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ZK
I wouldn't be too surprised... KTS Japan has been offering Japanese made inverted monotube coilovers for $1100 for the Nissan tuning community for a while.

http://www.splparts.com/Parts/S13/Su...rs/default.asp
http://www.kts-web.com/product/damper/index.html
I have been trying to find some information on the KTS coilovers but still havent had any luck. I know there has been a lot of good comments from the 240's, but still havent heard of anybody giving them a review on the Evo. With so many choices out there, it is really hard to pick a set!
Old Feb 3, 2006 | 04:47 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lazyfong
I have been trying to find some information on the KTS coilovers but still havent had any luck. I know there has been a lot of good comments from the 240's, but still havent heard of anybody giving them a review on the Evo. With so many choices out there, it is really hard to pick a set!
The reason is no one is selling them in the USA. I can probably get a set but shipping is insanely expensive for items that big and heavy. The Evo application does have inverted front monotube struts and 9K front 7K rear spring rates.

Last edited by ZK; Feb 3, 2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2006 | 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ZK
The reason is no one is selling them in the USA. I can probably get a set but shipping is insanely expensive for items that big and heavy. The Evo application does have inverted front monotube struts and 9K front 7K rear spring rates.
Actually they are selling them and the price isnt to bad just gotta special order them. I would love to try them but I dont want to be the first, if you know what I mean.

http://www.splparts.com/Parts/CT9A/S...on/default.asp
Old Feb 3, 2006 | 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
Wow PurgeIt,

...I don't know for sure, but are you sure these two are absolutely non-related? Again, I don't know myself, but that was pretty harsh and bias to say the least...
D2 is a chain of cell phone stores in Germany run by Vodafone. It is a copyrighted service mark. The Chinese are the biggest perpetrators of illegally copied intellectual products... you can find data all over the place on that. The US government is also enacting new laws to curb forged / illegal copies of legitimate products in conjunction with SEMA for the aftermarket industry. Another example... the name "Invidia" belongs to RS*R... but they produce suspension and exhausts under that name despite a law suit won by RS*R... do you know what Invidia's parent company does? They sell pagers. PAGERS... would you buy a Motorola exhaust? Where did all those fake APEXi turbo timers come from? China. Where did all those fake Tein springs that flood the market (including eBay) come from? China. That's why I don't buy products unless they are from legitimate brands.

And I could be considered "bias" if I didn't know the facts and made a judgement call based on pure subjectivity. The facts speak for themselves.

Last edited by PurgeIt; Feb 3, 2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2006 | 12:39 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lazyfong
Actually they are selling them and the price isnt to bad just gotta special order them. I would love to try them but I dont want to be the first, if you know what I mean.

http://www.splparts.com/Parts/CT9A/S...on/default.asp
Wow, nice! I didn't know that. Someone pick up some and try it out!

I rode in someone's 240SX with the KTS. They tend to be on the stiff side but maybe they weren't adjusted to the right settings for street.
Old Feb 4, 2006 | 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted AWD
Please stop being prejudice? Please, don't through the race card when it obviously doesn't belong here. Even AMS pointed out cheap Chinese ripoffs when their FMIC was copied.
uhm... and did you see how many people including myself asked them not to play that card?

you know this kills me... why? cuz people are so ignorant. who the **** busted down china's free trade doors? who STILL lobbies HEAVILY to keep those doors open??? who?

now... now that china is a rising economic power... WHO is complaining about our increasing debt to china from the cheap labor and mass manufacturing? who?

answer... AMERICANS... AMERICANS ASKED FOR IT AND NOW THEY CREATED A MONSTER... so... they'll blame the monster...

ignorant mother****ers never blame the right people... why don't you blame congress for passing free trade laws that put children at work in small third world countries? why don't you blame congress for free trade. why are you blaming CHINA when AMERICA is the one that instigated, capitalized and is STILL benfiting from ENTERPRISE? why?

i'll agree 100%... people need to put MORE RESEARCH into their purchases. i agree that the car aftermarket scene is going downhill cuz dumb ****s don't research before they buy... they buy ****ty products that are poorly manufactured from some *** that doesn't care about your end use and just wants to make a quick buck. but don't you ****in' blame china... blame dumb mother****ers... blame people FOR NOT SUPPORTING THEIR LOCAL TUNERS, BLAME THEM FOR BEING CHEAP ASSES, don't ****in' blame china. don't be an ignoramous.

AND, **** yer stupid coilovers from some no name race company... if you're so hardass get some ****in' motons... you heard of those right?

Originally Posted by Boosted AWD

China is notorious for ripping off and manufacturing inferior parts, this is fact, this is what they do, they steal intellectual property and remake it as cheap as possible and sell it on eBay. This isn’t racist, this is fact. Taiwan is superior in design and manufacturing.

If you read the title of this thread, this person asks if Megan Racing coilovers are any good? Being that they are the CHEAPEST coilovers available (to attract people) and the fact they are made by a company the simply copies other peoples products, I’d be weary. I have also DEALTY with poor, cheap coilovers, they failed, just like you to make a point. I have experience, you have anger. What bothers me is that you offer no valid points, just angst and rage, it hink you enjoy arguing just to be heard. I don't think you have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Like here That staement made 0 sense, nothing. You were just mad because I called you narcissistic and you had to make a point back, but you didn't.[/color]

These Magan coilovers look VERY similar to those of the D2 Racing Sports. D2's have already been copied by a brand known as KSport. They did a good job but are not as good.

D2's can be had for cheap as well, I think they go for $1100, that is not bad.

i'mma say this one last time... american companies have **** made in china... go after the AMERICAN COMPANIES... not china... hey... these american companies might even be headed by chinese guys... go ahead and grill 'em. stealing intellectual property is not nice, but don't blame china... that is irresponsible... LAZY.

i don't like the stealing of intellectual property, copying of body kits and hoods and wheels... it makes it hard for deisgners to make a living. but it happens... so i'll tolerate it if the quality is good... but if it's not... go to hell. so please... grill the ones that put out ****ty products... and for the people that go the extra length to correct something that was wrong with the original... let them be... cuz they're improving things... not just tryinna make a quick buck.

rag on the ones that are trying to capitalize on YOU... the ones that are tryinna SCREW YOU OVER and make MONEY FOR THEMSELVES. don't blame china... they happen to make stuff... if they were paid tons to make something ultra high quality control like flash memory (china is the largest manufacturer of flash memory... oh wow... didn't know that...) they can... but if you're gonna be a cheap *** that's tryinna trip people off... and not make multiple runs on your test fit pieces and not correct things that are WRONG with your product... then the machine will only do as it's told.

Last edited by trinydex; Feb 4, 2006 at 03:13 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2006 | 05:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

/\ that's one way to put it...
Old Feb 4, 2006 | 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

yeah...just like he said. That is why our products are produced solely in the US and Europe. We share the same philosophy.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 05:18 PM

OK! I got them on today. Will do a more comprehsive review within the coming week. I need to drive them a bit and try the range of settings and see what they are like. Let just say I LIKE EM!

In the mean time, here are some pics of my coilovers just before installation today.

Old Feb 17, 2006 | 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

NICE! They look awesome! Keep us posted yf19ex!
Old Feb 18, 2006 | 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Anything yet yf19ex??
Old Feb 18, 2006 | 06:34 PM

Please see the suspension and tire forum for the review. I applogize ahead of time of not reviewing the other settings as the weather has not been pleasant to experiment.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...51#post2823751