Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Stance Coilovers!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006 | 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

New Stance Coilovers!

Go check it out! I hear they're better than some of the leading brands. What do you think?
http://stancesus.com/index.php
Old Jan 12, 2006 | 09:49 PM

wow, those are pretty sharp looking. anybody own them and can tell us more?
Old Jan 12, 2006 | 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Reminds me alot of the Silk Roads i used to have on my S14. Same design just different color. Same Spring rates too. And also about the same price.
Old Jan 12, 2006 | 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

That's cheap right? Cus the RalliArts are like $2100. So are Teins
Old Jan 12, 2006 | 10:54 PM
Account Disabled

The best for the street and for the Money are of course D2 Racing sports. They cut their own springs btw, Tein and HKS have to buy their springs.
Old Jan 13, 2006 | 10:34 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

[edit]

Last edited by Zeus; Jan 13, 2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006 | 10:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

[edit]

Last edited by Zeus; Jan 13, 2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006 | 04:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Zeus
I'd like to see where those were compared to the Megans ($890).
Megan is Chinese, crap, and probably as good as my Omnipowers (ALSO CHINESE) and they blew to pieces inside of three months.

D2 Racingsports are HUGE in Austraila and even put them on racing BMW's now. They ponsor their own racing teams and they of course are made in Taiwan, like HKS and Tien and so on.

http://www.d2racingsports.com.au/

You can pick your own springs and rates, mine were 11K in the front and 9K in the rear and then their is custom valving for the shocks.
Old Jan 13, 2006 | 04:45 PM

Interesting. A monotube inverted strut coilover under 1500?

Could be interesting. Though I am a believer in the more higher end coils, these might be a good alternative.
Old Jan 13, 2006 | 05:01 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted AWD
Megan is Chinese, crap, and probably as good as my Omnipowers (ALSO CHINESE) and they blew to pieces inside of three months.

D2 Racingsports are HUGE in Austraila and even put them on racing BMW's now. They ponsor their own racing teams and they of course are made in Taiwan, like HKS and Tien and so on.
Just because something comes from the same COUNTRY doesn't mean everything from there is crap. That's like saying the Ford Pinto is crap so all American cars must be crap.

Megan is made in Taiwan, not China.

These Stances do look pretty good though.

Last edited by ZK; Jan 13, 2006 at 05:05 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006 | 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ZK
Just because something comes from the same COUNTRY doesn't mean everything from there is crap. That's like saying the Ford Pinto is crap so all American cars must be crap.

I'm not taking sides, but most american cars are crap imo
Old Jan 13, 2006 | 05:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ZK

Megans are crap very much like the Omnipowers are CRAP. Buy them and you will see. The valving is wrong and it rides like a pogostick. The springs are VERY stiff and yes they will never fail but the shock itself will fail from daily driving, here look.

Band new pre-instalation.....

3 months later.....

You want those POS's go ahead, want a quality unit go for HKS or D2's. TIENS are ok but way too much for for what you get.
Old Jan 13, 2006 | 06:42 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted AWD
Megans are crap very much like the Omnipowers are CRAP. Buy them and you will see. The valving is wrong and it rides like a pogostick. The springs are VERY stiff and yes they will never fail but the shock itself will fail from daily driving, here look.

You want those POS's go ahead, want a quality unit go for HKS or D2's. TIENS are ok but way too much for for what you get.
Ok, I take your point of Omnipower being crap but...

You are basing your argument against Megan on a product from a totally different company. If you have info on Megans breaking etc. that works but saying Megan is crap because Omnipower is crap is a really weak argument. They aren't the same company and they are not made at the same factory!

Or does this go back to your idea that since it all comes from the same country it must be crap?
Old Jan 13, 2006 | 07:14 PM
Account Disabled

Ok, by them, when they BLOW and when you realize that the ride is horrible, don't come drying to me.

Suspensions are not easy to manufacture and should not be slapped together. I mean show me what kind of testing Megan does, I doubt any, they just copy a more expensive brand and release them. This is what Megan does, and no amount of arguing will change the fact that these coilovers are ****. They are priced very similar to Omnipowers and probably offer the same quality, or lack there of.

The only thing I can say positive about the Megan units as it looks as if Megan copied the D2 design. D2's are barely more then $1,000 so just get the real ones.

Last edited by Boosted AWD; Jan 13, 2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006 | 07:16 PM
Account Disabled

Here is a review if you want, it is a positive one too.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=172837

Quick Reply: New Stance Coilovers!