Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Im scared to mod now

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I REALLY want to mod. I just don't have the money at the moment because my life kind of snowballed within the last 8 months. I drive my EVO everyday and it just feels so sluggish now. Anyone else feel the same?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FinsNCanes
I REALLY want to mod. I just don't have the money at the moment because my life kind of snowballed within the last 8 months. I drive my EVO everyday and it just feels so sluggish now. Anyone else feel the same?

Yeah I feel like that every time I jump in my ride, Feel free to trade me any time!
Then tell me the EVO is slugish
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FinsNCanes
well thats the smart thing to do! rather than get in debt, you are atleast wise enough to realize that its not financially feasible.

in all honesty i could do whatever i wanted to the evo, however when i get a wild hair up my ***, i take the evo on some twisties to really appreciate what i have and why i bought it.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
well first off I owned a Lightning and I don't know what the heck you did but they can handle a lot of mods without any serious problems. I'm going to guess you did some serious bolt ons andnever got a tune. In the end you drove it like you stole it and your interals couldn't take the compression rate. I blew a spark plug through my hood a few winters ago just because it sat in the garage unused for three days in under 30 degree weather. So my guess is that was your fault.

Everyone here remembers your post about how the Evo was too much for you. I mean by all means if you want to make it fast go for it dude. It'll be one more Evo that gets parted out to all these guys on here. You need to learn the car limits stock before you intend to upgrade. A lot of people on here do modify their cars prior to knowing the limits of their vehicles. Some have accidents some don't.

I just get the idea that you aren't the best driver in the world and I think making your Evo faster is a good way to get yoursef and worst case someone else killed. Maybe you should take some sport car classes or attend some driving events. You need to understand the car before you try to be a racer car driver.

Im not the best driver in the world, but I have a clean record and I don't endanger other peoples' lives on the road. I have an STi it is a fast car, does it need to be faster? Probably not, but I will mod it once I get fully comfortable with the car.

Just my thoughts.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

+1000 for warrtalon ( you beat me to it)
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
well first off I owned a Lightning and I don't know what the heck you did but they can handle a lot of mods without any serious problems. I'm going to guess you did some serious bolt ons andnever got a tune. In the end you drove it like you stole it and your interals couldn't take the compression rate. I blew a spark plug through my hood a few winters ago just because it sat in the garage unused for three days in under 30 degree weather. So my guess is that was your fault.

Everyone here remembers your post about how the Evo was too much for you. I mean by all means if you want to make it fast go for it dude. It'll be one more Evo that gets parted out to all these guys on here. You need to learn the car limits stock before you intend to upgrade. A lot of people on here do modify their cars prior to knowing the limits of their vehicles. Some have accidents some don't.

I just get the idea that you aren't the best driver in the world and I think making your Evo faster is a good way to get yoursef and worst case someone else killed. Maybe you should take some sport car classes or attend some driving events. You need to understand the car before you try to be a racer car driver.

Im not the best driver in the world, but I have a clean record and I don't endanger other peoples' lives on the road. I have an STi it is a fast car, does it need to be faster? Probably not, but I will mod it once I get fully comfortable with the car.

Just my thoughts.

your wrong. i had a RWTD 17 degree tune installed. oh yeah those 4 threads holding the sparkplugs in the head on the 99-02's hold up to mods real well. almost as well as the motors huff coolant and oil through the intake. no my motor sucked in a bunch of cold dense air ran lean and chipped a piston scratching the sidewall

yes my typin skills relate heavily to my driving
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

when you can drive 70 miles through 8" of snow in whiteout conditions in a 2wd pickup that has 550 ftlbs of torque or even change your own oil you can tell me how to drive. ive driven through stuff that the majority of you training or not wouldnt be able to go more than 10-mph in and i do it almost everyday. most of you think its horrific driving conditions when it rains

Last edited by Big Shooter; Jan 13, 2006 at 12:04 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Big Shooter
your wrong. i had a RWTD 17 degree tune installed. oh yeah those 4 threads holding the sparkplugs in the head on the 99-02's hold up to mods real well. almost as well as the motors huff coolant and oil through the intake. no my motor sucked in a bunch of cold dense air ran lean and chipped a piston scratching the sidewall

yes my typin skills relate heavily to my driving

if you're so sure of what happened, why mod those exceptionally unrelaible 99-02's?
either way, we're not talking fords.

if you do not want to take our advice, fine. continue to mod your evo and take that curve at 110 next time.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

when you can drive 70 miles through 8" of snow in whiteout conditions in a 2wd pickup that has 550 ftlbs of torque or even change your own oil you can tell me how to drive

lol. WHY would ANYONE of sound mind choose to drive through 70 miles of snow of any depth in a 2wd truck. stop proving your mindless tenacity and stick to modding your doomed evo.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when you can drive 70 miles through 8" of snow in whiteout conditions in a 2wd pickup that has 550 ftlbs of torque or even change your own oil you can tell me how to drive. ive driven through stuff that the majority of you training or not wouldnt be able to go more than 10-mph in and i do it almost everyday. most of you think its horrific driving conditions when it rains

Did you have a deathwish? That was just plain stupid.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

i didnt say they're exceptionally unrelaible. they have issues though. the rods on the 99-00's are supposed to be stronger. but ive heard soo many stories of guys with huge lower pulleys spitting rods its not even funny
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

no i had a wish to get home from work before there was 16" of snow on the road
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

i thought it was 8

back in my day.....
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

well when its a blizzard it kinda like stacks on top of itself quickly. i know its hard to grasp but try. thus when i started it was 8 and i desired to get homre before allowing it to get much deeper that particular night we ended up with a total of 16
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

all im saying is you live in minnesota, which is...well, not known for its balmy winters. you can call it a blizzard or whiteout or whatever, its not like its unexpected, ya know? and while im on the subject, weren't you on stock tires when you had your accident?