Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Im scared to mod now

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big Shooter
i have a 03 VIII that i enjoy very much stock. but everyone knows how it goes, it seems fast as hell at first, but after a few months or so you start to get bored with it and one thing leads to another, you end up broke, divorced, homeless, ex gets the kids, but you have a wicked ride. just kidding i had an 00 Lightning that i paid 20,000 for june 25th, i put 3000 in mods into it. in oct. the motor blew up. didnt have the funds to put a new one in. i sold it last thursday for 7000. minus the 1500 i spent to have the motor pulled before i got rid of it. if you can do basic math you can understand why im a little weary about modding my evo. so my question is not whats the best first mod or the most powerful, but whats the safest mod for the longevity of my evo?
start slow and work your way up

Originally Posted by Big Shooter
i but whats the safest mod for the longevity of my evo?
turbo timer
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warrtlon when I started posting on here I thought you were the biggest A$$hole now I have come to realize you are just a huge smart A$$. Which now i find very humerous
So now you can kiss his *** too along with many other people on this forum

BTW, this isn't a rip on Warrtalon, but I have seen many, many, many people get ripped by him, only to say later in the thread "you know warrtalon, you are alright" because now they want him on their side because they are scared of him, It's comical and pathetic at the same time. Kind of like what kids do in school when they get bullied.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

probably the smartest comment in the three pages af non-sense.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

I can't wait until the english town road course opens and I can get my DRIVER MOD!
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII

BTW, this isn't a rip on Warrtalon, but I have seen many, many, many people get ripped by him, only to say later in the thread "you know warrtalon, you are alright" because now they want him on their side because they are scared of him, It's comical and pathetic at the same time. Kind of like what kids do in school when they get bullied.
Man, really, can you get off my case? You got it all backwards. People later say "i'm alright" or "man, thanks for beating some sense into me," because they realize the error of their ways. Some still say to Eff off, because they know what they're doing and don't care what I think, which is fine, but to state that people only succumb due to a bully mentality is very pessimistic.

I have many people come back in PMs and thank me for the help and for saving them thousands upon thousands of dollars.

FWIW, I have over 1200 sent PMs. This means I have probably around the same number of PMs received. I very rarely initiate contact with anyone via PM, so if you take out the warnings from mods (haha), and the 50 or so PMs I've initiated with people, that leaves a good 1100 that were answers to people's questions. I don't know how that compares to other people who are helpful, but I think it's a pretty big number. I'm sure MalibuJack has closer to 11000, but I know I'm not near his Guru level. I do what I can to help, though. It does get annoying having to constantly delete everything in my sent messages box when I get close to 400 total messages built up...

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jan 13, 2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

War, I know you help people, but there are a lot of people who think you are the bully so they try to get on your side. When someone open’s a BOV thread and another member says “oh no, your about to meet warrtalon” because the thread is ridiculous, and you come in and post some overly sarcastic answer that is just as ridiculous as the post, tell me other people don’t portray that as being a type of bully.

I happen to know you help members out and I think that when you try, you have a very good knowledge base and can give straight answers. We all know the noob’s should search, but they don’t. I think the thread in your sig a while ago “what YOU should learn from evom” should be read before any NooB posts. Anyway’s, to reiterate, I’m not on your case. I think its laughable the way SOME people try to make fun of people with you cuz they think you will be their cyber friend if they kiss up to you.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
For your Evo that you already wrecked while taking a curve too fast and then saying the Evo was too much car for you, I'd suggest the best mod ever:

THE DRIVER MOD
Hey, that's my line!
Old Jan 13, 2006, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97

turbo timer

thank-you for your straight forward answer sir
Old Jan 13, 2006, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII

I had no intentions of kissing his butt I was simply giving my opinion. I said he was funny because he gives smartass answers to peoples dumb questions. You seem to follow up on him more than I do. What is the matter do you get pissed when people try to swing on warrtalons nutts with you?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

What is the matter do you get pissed when people try to swing on warrtalons nutts with you?
yeah......because i am always backing him, waiting for his next response to the stupid blowoff thread so i can say, OH NO, YOU GOT OWNED! WTF?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

This thread has already gotten off topic enough, try to stay on it.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

I would probably just do basic BPU like the other stated. You may have learned from your mistake when you crashed the car also. Nobody should tell you drive a honda or non performance car just because you had an accident. I wrapped one of my first fast cars around a tree. I have not had an accident since and I am a very good driver. When I was younger (and alot dumber) I used to push all my vehicals to their limit. This helped me become the driver I am now. Autocross is a very good tool and alot of fun also as stated before. Enjoy your great machine and have fun !

P.S. The lightning has the regular F-150 rods in it and this is its weak point (I had an 03).
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by poormansracecar
I would probably just do basic BPU like the other stated. You may have learned from your mistake when you crashed the car also. Nobody should tell you drive a honda or non performance car just because you had an accident. I wrapped one of my first fast cars around a tree. I have not had an accident since and I am a very good driver. When I was younger (and alot dumber) I used to push all my vehicals to their limit. This helped me become the driver I am now. Autocross is a very good tool and alot of fun also as stated before. Enjoy your great machine and have fun !

P.S. The lightning has the regular F-150 rods in it and this is its weak point (I had an 03).

i agree they only difference between the lightning's and the regular 5.4 are the pistons, connecting rod pins, and ford quit putting forged crankshafts in regular f-150s in 01 but kept them in the L's
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Cajun Power, I think it's very poor advice to recommend a TBE w/test pipe then say that it's dealer friendly. They do not allow you to touch the cat or anything forward of the cat, ESPECIALLY not removing the cat altogether. That would get you in trouble at 90% of Mitsu dealers...
But there are the 10% who are mod friendly dealers. Huntington Beach Mitsu in CA told me that a TBE is ok and they will cover the EVO for warranty work with a TBE. They also tols me that they know that EVO owners track thier cars and they still warranty the cars. My advice is to loook for those rare mod/perf friendly dealers and buy your car from them and build a long term relationship with them.