Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

what would you want on the mountain?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what would you want on the mountain?

So i have been wondering about this for a little while now. What car would you most want if you were driving on a mountain/twisty road? If you have read my other thread about the evolution owning everything then you would know that i just sold my old rx-7 in preparation for my new evo IX RS. The one thing that i love more than anything else is taking my car out on a good twisty road and also to the track. I only got to take the evo on straight roads when i test drove it. So my question is what car do you feel is the most advantageous on a twisty road? I can think of several reasons why an awd car is better and also several why a rwd car would be better. I am just curious as to what you guys will say. This is not going to change my mind about getting an evo. I am really looking forward to learning a new driving style. The rx-7 was amazing but now that i can drive rwd fairly well i think it is time to challenge myself again to grow as a driver. So lets hear what you have to say.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

I've had many cars through the years (Im a little older than some of you guys) and the Evo is my favorite canyon carver. It hasnt been my fastest but its been the most fun. I drive the canyons here (Kanan, Malibu Canyon, Mulholland, Etc.) everyday and it never gets boring
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

I love the feel of a S2000 through turns. The s2000 is the only other car that I have driven that rivals the evo in the fun factor catagory in my opinion.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:19 AM

Well, I can say that with a RWD car, you can't push it too hard into the corners or the rear end will go out a bit. With the AWD EVO, I have found that it will grip the road much better and it is better to control.

I can get the car going sideways in dry weather, but that is not the point. What I think you would find is that being a fan of the RX8 is good and when you get the EVO you will see how much it can be pushed.

I have about 45K miles on this car and my last one was a '96 Eclipse AWD GSX. This was such a fun car in the snow and I think it was a little better in the snow because it was smaller.

Dn't get me wrong, I do love the EVO in the snow, but I find it to have too much power if you give it too much gas. But it takes my overall vote becuase it has ABS where my Eclipse did not.

The RX8 would not like the snow or twisties even with a full set of winter tires which I have.
2 sets for summer and one set for winter.

Now what to do with my spare stock motor?