Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HKS SSQBOV ver 2 with piping compatibility...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKS SSQBOV ver 2 with piping compatibility...

This is not a general BOV question, its related to piping that comes with the Ver 2...

From the pics and limited info I have found ( Click this link) , it seems as though it only replaces the top section of the pipe and not the 2nd piece that connects it to the FMIC outlet. I cannot find other specific information

- So, does it work with stock battery?

- Does anyone know the piping diameter?

- Also, does it work with other pipe kits like injen etc or are you stick with stock...

Any information or other links greatly apreciated! Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blacksheep
This is not a general BOV question, its related to piping that comes with the Ver 2...

From the pics and limited info I have found ( Click this link) , it seems as though it only replaces the top section of the pipe and not the 2nd piece that connects it to the FMIC outlet. I cannot find other specific information

- So, does it work with stock battery?

- Does anyone know the piping diameter?

- Also, does it work with other pipe kits like injen etc or are you stick with stock...

Any information or other links greatly apreciated! Thanks!
I put that kit in my VIII a little while ago, and I like it. The kit is beautiful. Real simple install too. It does not come with the lower section to the FMIC, only the pipe to the throttle housing. The only issue that I have with my kit is that the hoses that came with it seem a little short, so the new UIC pipe doesn't look 100% straight, like I'v eseen from other manufacturers. Yes you can retain the stock battery as I did. But make sure if you go with this set up to check your clamps over and over agian. The clamp in which holds the hose to connect to the lower IC pipe kept slipping for some reason and required muliple adjustments. One day while driving it created a gap and allowed air through the hose where it meets the pipe. Car lost tons of power and a screaming suction noise. I was freakin out for a second not knowing what really happened. But just fixed the clamp and was good to go.
-As it working with other kits????? Not sure.
-Diameter of the piping????? I would have to go measure th one in my car.
-And like I said ^...yes it works with the stock battery.

hint: get the recirc kit as well
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

i heard you cant run a recirc with the ver 2 bov cuz the bov is placed too far away from the intake...i know you can modify it and buy a longer hose, but i heard that even that doesnt work cuz the hose will be too long....correct me if im wrong...cuz i just ordered mine and i dont know what the hell to do...recirc., maf translator...etc...

-Bobby
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Well, to clear up my previous post, after install, I have been dealing with idle issue upon decel. Car wants to stall. The reason I posted "hint:get the recirc kit as well" ....is that I ordered the recirc kit along with the HKS SSQ kit and still haven't recv'd it yet. I have been told that it will cure the wanting to stall issue and make accel smoother. All upon searching through this forum. The answers are there. Just takes a while to find the one you are looking for. So it has been a while and I'm still waiting for my recirc kit. But of all the searching, those where the amswers to my issues. I'm just waiting for the parts to show up on my doorstep. Before I install, I will search some more because there is always a way to get things to work to cure problems like these. None of "these issues" is a new issue. Others have already cam across this and fixed it.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
I put that kit in my VIII a little while ago, and I like it. The kit is beautiful. Real simple install too. It does not come with the lower section to the FMIC, only the pipe to the throttle housing. The only issue that I have with my kit is that the hoses that came with it seem a little short, so the new UIC pipe doesn't look 100% straight, like I'v eseen from other manufacturers. Yes you can retain the stock battery as I did. But make sure if you go with this set up to check your clamps over and over agian. The clamp in which holds the hose to connect to the lower IC pipe kept slipping for some reason and required muliple adjustments. One day while driving it created a gap and allowed air through the hose where it meets the pipe. Car lost tons of power and a screaming suction noise. I was freakin out for a second not knowing what really happened. But just fixed the clamp and was good to go.
-As it working with other kits????? Not sure.
-Diameter of the piping????? I would have to go measure th one in my car.
-And like I said ^...yes it works with the stock battery.

hint: get the recirc kit as well
Thanks for the write-up.

I do plan on getting the re-circ as well being familiar with DSM MAF setups... I am just not sure if this is worth the upgrade if I decide to go with different IC and piping in the future....I would use t-bolt clamps if I were you.

As far as distance from MAF, that should not matter, honestly - but, I have been wrong before.

I just wish our vendors did give us more information so we can make the right decisions quicker - they get more business that way!