Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo ad

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo ad

This may be a repost but I thought it was pretty cool.
Attached Thumbnails Evo ad-lancer.jpg  
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Mitsu really needs to market these cars more, there are no advertisments on tv, no magazine ads. nothing....look at the 350z they have a cool commercial where the guy is ripping around the streets of a city, and its basically displaying the fun of driving a 350z?.....Mitsu needs to step up and atleast get this car on a tv commercial or a magazine ad like the one pictured, thats just plain cool i think.... Their slogan is "driven to thrill" or something like that? but what they advertise is the galant or Montero? I mean seriously The Evolution is the "driven to thrill" and it gets no love anywhere, not even a billboard...ah well im no marketing expert so what do I know?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Thats true but I kind of like the fact that it isn't a real well known car.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya, they used to advertise the evo 8 back when it was released in 2003, havent seen anything of late, but i think they are trying to push their other cars, especially the new eclipse. especially seeing mitsu's recent perils It makes more sense to advertise the eclipse over the limited volume evo.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

..anything with blue and red lights on it is Real Scary
Old Jan 13, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

lol good stuff
Old Jan 13, 2006, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

cool ad, I think that maybe mitsu isn't spending the money to advertise the evo is b/c the return on profit wouldn't be worth it. I mean most people that will buy an evo already know what it is and have prior knowledge, they usually are familiar with the EVO and STi as competition. If the company spends a lot to advertise, I think the general public would be more aware but I don't know that they would sell a lot more than they would have without the advertising expense. hope that makes sense.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

to say it isnt worth it to adverstize the evo seems strange to me. automakers dump tons of money into concept cars and "halo" cars in order to boost brand image. subaru runs adds for the sti, and therefore the entire imprezza line recieves some sort of prestige boost. the whole "driven to thrill" campaign may have made more sense had the run the adds that included the evo.
but what do i know im just a college student. any marketing execs or something like that want to chime in?

on topic: cool ad, as already said, anythign with a lightbar is scary
Old Jan 13, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jjm4life
to say it isnt worth it to adverstize the evo seems strange to me. automakers dump tons of money into concept cars and "halo" cars in order to boost brand image. subaru runs adds for the sti, and therefore the entire imprezza line recieves some sort of prestige boost. the whole "driven to thrill" campaign may have made more sense had the run the adds that included the evo.
but what do i know im just a college student. any marketing execs or something like that want to chime in?

on topic: cool ad, as already said, anythign with a lightbar is scary
i totally agree with you, i was just trying to think of a reason/excuse as to why mmna doesn't promote the evo. If i ran the marketing dept. i would use it in ads to promote the image...