Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

intake problem...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
intake problem...

i jes installed a k&n typhoon intake, the first time i installed i blew the hose off the stock bov the first time, then went back took everything off and put it all on again and made sure all the clamps were tight and checked everything, gave it gas and first gear, spiked at 20 psi as usual then at 6k rpm it felt like blew a hose off again and i threw a cel, it hit hard...i checked everything, and all is well, could someone please help me, my car is sitting out front thanks guys
ian
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:33 PM

oh yeah and my mods are tbe, hallman mbc, defi boost gauge and nothing else...and now the k&n intake....anybody?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

get a tune for starters, and use heaver clamps the ones they give you suck the big 1. you can get them at any local parts or hardware store. try that if thats not it then you got me (tighten the living **** out of them)
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Search the forum before you get flamed and smoked. That is the worst intake for the evo. Period.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:41 PM

yeah i figured that one out, im looking for help....there is no logical reason why one intake would differ from another one...
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
yeah i figured that one out, im looking for help....there is no logical reason why one intake would differ from another one...
I was about to help until I saw this. If you won't take our word for it, then you aren't worth our time. The Typhoon is the worst intake for the Evo. The End.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I was about to help until I saw this. If you won't take our word for it, then you aren't worth our time. The Typhoon is the worst intake for the Evo. The End.
+1 haha, do a search and you will find uber amounts of info on why the K&N is garbage for EVOs, i will give you a hint though, it has to do with the inlet pipe
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:55 PM
Account Disabled

is this guy serious, the reason it makes no power and causes probelms is due to the design on the pipe and the way it causes the air to flow, i am not sure that my time posting is even worth it
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thats touching, unlike u i use this forum to gain knowledge and for technical help, not to post *****...
You come here to gain knowledge. I come here to provide knowledge. If you think all I do is post *****, then you need to open your eyes.

You just came here with a totally jacked up car after installing the worst intake for the Evo. You refuse to believe that different intakes have different designs, you refuse to listen to our warnings, and then you curse out evolved members who are well known for providing great help. Just because my message comes with a firm hand, it doesn't make it less valuable. I'm not here to hold your hand like a kid, so suck it up and listen.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

**** u, ur such a loser, i saw ur post towards everyone, ur dick there is no logical explanation to why one piece of aluminum pipe and a foam filter would differ from another one....
U have PM.