Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

BRAND NEW JDM Evo IXs have poor body panel & light fitment from factory?!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2006, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mistu QC sucks my rubber seal on my rear driver side quarter window is pinched. My door is also bigger gap on the driver side then the passenger side.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Well I'm getting the car, I told them to fix up the light and stuff and they straightened everything out, though now I can see the screws have been moved/tampered with, so I can see exactly which screws they touched.

Hopefully i'll be talking about what mods to do soon here! hehe
Old Jan 16, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Maybe it was a car that was imported illegally as spare parts and then they put it back together once they got it in the country.
yeah it could be a CKD...
complete knocked down vehicle..where they ship it in parts in different containers and then assemble it when it gets into the country.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nvr2fast
Well the official Mitsu dealer is selling for about US$54200, and the JDM costs $46400. If the difference was a thousand bucks I wouldn't be bothering.

Maybe when the US receives their shipment of Evos, Mitsu USA makes small adjustments and stuff when they come off the ship, before they give them to the dealers?

It really makes one wonder if the reason Mitsu is in so much debt is because of poor QC from the factory?
I got my evo IX right off the truck. It was perfect. If I was you I would not spend the money on a car like this unless you have no other choice.