Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My day after friday the thirteenth!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your rates do not go up if the accident was not your fault. Unfortunately, I've been there several times in my lifetime and my insurance rates never went up, never! I would not take care of the damage on your own. The damage that you see can be more involved than you think. You will probably end up paying alot of money out of your pocket. Years ago someone rear ended me and begged me to settle for some money and not report the accident to my insurance. Big mistake! When the body shop started to take the bumper apart, they found several other things damaged by the accident. It cost me alot of extra money out of my pocket to repair. On top of that, I started to have back and neck pains about a week after my accident. I had to pay even more money out of my pocket for medical bills. I learned a big lesson!

Last edited by EvoTio; Jan 15, 2006 at 10:58 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the jdm evo 9 bumper theyre having a sale for about 699 but you have to paint it on top of that about 300$ so like a 1000$ for your total
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

can't tell from the trunk pics, too dar, but is the metal floor of ur trunk (sides and spare tire well) nice and smooth or is it all crinkled and creased up? that's what usually happens when evo's get f'ed in the A. make sure u check that.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't recommend getting the JDM bumper since it removes the rear crash beam. My only experience is with subaru's, but removing the beam means the chassis could be damaged in a 5mph hit vs the crash beam absorbing the damage. Can = big $$$ for a small hit.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry 2 hear that man! It coulda been worse. If u decide to change ur lights sell em 2 me.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:14 PM

It looks like you could just roll down your window and finagle your door frame back into position.
It looks like the exhaust is tweaked, unless it's an angle tip.
P.S.
I'd like to see that garage cleaned and organized when you post the "after" pictures.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo3matt
rates go up even if you are not at fault, its a sad thing
No they dont, mine havent, ive been in 5 accidents in diff. cars, none my fault, and my insurance keeps going down.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

I have allstate insurance and my eclipse got creamed from behind one time and it costed like 3grand to fix and the other person's insurance company payed for everything and my insurance never went up...actually recently it just went down....that's my experience, but maybe every insurance company is different.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

complain about your back, and how the door doesnt align properly after the accident. get a IX (and i dont just mean the bumper) for your troubles
First that's just opportunistic fraud. We don't condone that now do we?

Second, if you report the non-fault loss to your insurance company then it will count as an "incident". Having an incident will not affect your rates per se, however, once you've had enough incidents over time, even if they aren't "your fault", then the insurance companies are going to start getting leery about your driving abilities and your rates could indeed be affected.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Man that sucks. Hopefully her insurance gives you no trouble.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Gruppe-S has IX rears PAINTED for $699 and thats the route i'd go. take your car to a shop and get an estimate!! you never know whats jacked up and its better to be safe than sorry later.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

very sorry man, very sorry
Old Jan 16, 2006, 04:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
opps

Last edited by akemi27; May 17, 2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

akemi27..........congraturation....acturally u make some great money.....
because u will get at least $$2000-2500 from other insurance company....i guess.
your insurance never goes up ,,,,because its not ur fault....
u will get the check from insurance company ,,then put it on ur bank account,,,,,,,,
and then cash out some money and be happy evo modding days!
but u have to have police report ....and when inurance inspector comes to take a look at ur evo...
get him some $50-$100 tip if u want more moeny,,, if u can,,,,i mean u have to be cool with him and let him know that u are not a spy....just regural customer...its up to you...!