Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO blues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been there done that. Mine isn't a new 2006 but its heavily modded (faster). They are wicked fast and a blast to drive no doubt but I still prefer the Evo for everyday use and fun. For the price of a 2006 Z06 you could buy a new MR and mod it to the level of one of the AMS Evo's and be able compete with the Z06.

Last edited by BuLocal; Jan 15, 2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
somebody has got money if their looking at the c6 zo6, their nice and all but damn how high do you think the car payment would be i would guess around 1g a month
Assuming you could get one for sticker, let's say $66,985 with 0 down, at 5.9% (a good rate) for 72 months it would be $1,106.98 a month. That's without tax, title or any other doc fees.

To the OP, dude if you want it just get it, be happy. I don't understand why people think they need the consent or approval of complete strangers on an internet forum to spend their money how they want it. Who cares if some people on evoM turn their noses up.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is a video of a 06' Z06 with 5k in mods putting down more than all but the most powerful EVO's on pump gas even and it's not even tuned!! They are the Pinnacle in a 2 seat sports car from a performance standpoint under 200K.

http://www.horsepowerengineering.com/media/ZO6NOS.wmv
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, maybe you should put the price tags of each car next to each other and take a long look at them, that might put you back into a different state of mind.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
Here is a video of a 06' Z06 with 5k in mods putting down more than all but the most powerful EVO's on pump gas even and it's not even tuned!! They are the Pinnacle in a 2 seat sports car from a performance standpoint under 200K.

http://www.horsepowerengineering.com/media/ZO6NOS.wmv

naaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssss

Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
That Z06 is a beast, without a doubt. I'd get one if I could. Now if only they could increase horsepower and torque like that without having to add a whole extra liter of displacement...
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am sensing some obvious displacement haters here. The car it the total package!! The displacements adds to that momentous TQ that allowed the Z06 to power out of the corners ant Nuburging and post the fastest production car time this side of a Carrera GT with stock TIRES!!

Go start yelling at Lamborghini for building 6.0 why don't you. The 7.0L has dry sump no other American or Japanese production has that. It's a awesome engine, but you go ahead and jump on that "Displacement Hater!" bandwagon.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

^ I figure there's a chance that was a response to my post. I didn't hate on displacement, and I don't. All I said was that GM should try to improve efficiency and put out bigger numbers in the same size package. There's nothing wrong with that, is there? It's not like I said they should make a 5.0-liter V-8 instead. It's just that if they keep increasing displacement, the Z06 of later generations (say, C8 or C9) could very well be a 9.0-liter V-8... when does it end?
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

The Z06 is an AWESOME car, but the "grass is always greener on the other side." As awesome as the Z06 may be (and is), keep in mind that you can drive the Evolution in inclimate weather, unlike the Z06.

You said it yourself; your car is faster than a C5 Z06. C5 Z06s are awesome cars in themselves. The Evolution is much more practical than a Z06, especially if you live where you get the occasional snow.

The Z06 costs $65,800. Of course you're going to like it, and of course you're going to think it's an awesome car. You'll be back in the "Evo-swing" soon enough.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:13 PM
-Q-

Twice the horsepower, (stock), and twice the price. The '06 Z06 should instill some kind of awe in you.

It's a pretty sweet ride.

As for me, I've been driving a stock '04 WRX for the last month. I am currently looking forward to driving the EVO again.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

I love the new c6 z06 and in a couple of years will get one, but keeping the evo as a daily driver is a must. The evo is such a more versatile vehicle.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Isn't the C6 Z06 rated at 16 mpg city/26 mpg highway? If so, that is pretty awesome for being an 11-second coupe.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
^ I figure there's a chance that was a response to my post. I didn't hate on displacement, and I don't. All I said was that GM should try to improve efficiency and put out bigger numbers in the same size package. There's nothing wrong with that, is there? It's not like I said they should make a 5.0-liter V-8 instead. It's just that if they keep increasing displacement, the Z06 of later generations (say, C8 or C9) could very well be a 9.0-liter V-8... when does it end?
There is something wrong with that. The question I would ask you is WHY? Why should they try to improve effeciency?

Honestly lower displacement means less power from mods (unless turbo). I really think the car would lose appeal if it was a 6.0L v8 compared to a 7.0L.

The fact that they can do it and still have 50/50 weight distribution is fine. Also i don't think they really care about effeciency. Sure they COULD of produced the same horsepower with a 6.0L but there is no reason to, when you can have an extra liter, 50/50 WD, and an even bigger engine for modding.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
GM did put out bigger numbers in the same size package. The block is the same size as the old 5.7L. In fact the LS7 is lighter than the LS1. If they can increase displacement without increasing weight or the size of the block, then why not? The LS7 is also excellent in terms of fuel efficiency at 26 mpg (EPA Hwy). For comparison the Evo MR is rated at 24 mpg. The 4.3L Ferrari F430 is rated at 21 mpg.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GREDDY
His Z06 is red. Don't hate me guys, been keeping an eye out for a 06 Z06. No chevrolet dealership has it in stock. They said they can't even keep'em in stock. By the time they get off the truck, their sold.
my dad has one... its insane, but here's my thoughts:

For me personally, the Evo has a certain allure to it. Knowing its a small little 2.0L 4-banger motor, and seeing what you can do with that motor is what owning an evo is all about. I havn't modded mine yet, but I cant wait! To me, thats the fun of owning an evo.

Sure you can mod a z06, but why? Im not shocked its a fast car, and honestly im not "impressed" (as far as the word goes). Its got a huge 7.0L V8, of course its fast. I mean its still a badass car, but it just has a different attraction that personally, doesn't conflict at all with my evo attraction

my .02

Quick Reply: EVO blues