Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO blues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypnoz
There is something wrong with that. The question I would ask you is WHY? Why should they try to improve effeciency?
Why wouldn't they? Efficiency is a GOOD thing. The results are more power from the same sized engine (rather than upsizing and increasing weight and going to greater lengths to balance the weight distribution) and possible increases in fuel efficiency. Yes, I know it is a high-performance V-8 and people who buy it don't place much focus on fuel consumption, but if you could do some more research and development and increase fuel economy by a few mpg, why not? I don't think owners would complain.
Honestly lower displacement means less power from mods (unless turbo). I really think the car would lose appeal if it was a 6.0L v8 compared to a 7.0L.
People didn't seem to think that about the previous generation Z06.
Also i don't think they really care about effeciency. Sure they COULD of produced the same horsepower with a 6.0L but there is no reason to, when you can have an extra liter, 50/50 WD, and an even bigger engine for modding.
It's possible to have the same horsepower with a 6.0-liter, but GM can't do it, otherwise they would have. There's a reason why Subaru went with a 2.5-liter for their North American STi... they just couldn't match the Evo's horsepower, torque, and performance numbers with their own 2.0-liter while complying with emissions, so they had to tack on an extra 0.5 liters to compete. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just means that their engineering is a step behind. And it's not like a lighter engine wouldn't allow for 50/50 weight distribution, they would just make a few changes.

Just my opinion, not trying to **** anyone off.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you can get one more power to ya buddy, but me im content with my evo. i prefer my $350 a month over anything higher and 1,000 bucks a month you can keep it.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

I think driving the new z06 will make just about ANY car owner go through the motions of "man, I'd love a car like that... should I???". Anyone who says differently is kidding themselves. The z06 will perform well straight, on a track, whatever. It's an unbelievable car, and rivals any as being THE performance value. Like donmeca said ^ I'm love my Evo and don't want anything different right now, but if I had the chance to have a new z06, I'd be all over it...
Old Jan 15, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

drove 1 at work and god darn!!!!!!!!!
faaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssttttttttt
they make the regular 06 seem retarded!
Old Jan 15, 2006, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

For that kind of money, I am buying a E55, M5 or better yet, a RS6 (AWD). 4 door luxury, great performance and quality materials/craftsmanship. IMO
Old Jan 15, 2006, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. All the wrong gears have been ticking in my head for days. After the Z06 drive, my EVO just seem slow. That thing just picks up and slams you into your car seat, in any gear. The reason why I get on the net to ask fellow EVO enthusiast is because I don't want to make a wrong decision and have to regret it for the next 5 years. I came from a WRX to the EVO because the EVO was everything the little WRX couldn't. You get a WRX over 280awhp/tq and start seeing tranny problems. I've seen plenty of WRX brothers with similar symptoms to switch over to an EVO. I still owe alot on the EVO ($25k) and would be taking a beating on the trade in. $1000 in car payments isn't too bad for me either, I'd prefer not to pay it though.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
the z06 is the most bad *** large production car in he world right now. i say have a gt car (z06) and a rally car, then you cover everything that is in between.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

the car is point blank AMAZING, anyone who says well this...and well that....and makes excuses about it, just drive it and then please try to say the same things...it makes your mouth drop with the power it creates, not only the power it creates but the power you feel...its all there and raw theres no waiting for it, no boost, no lag, its just instant neck snapping raw power, maybe you might not be into that but 1 drive might change your opinion..
Old Jan 15, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

for the same price as it will cost you to buy a Z06 you can build your evo to 600 WHP and then spank your buddies Z06 all day long!!! Hang in there Evo's are where its at...
Old Jan 15, 2006, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you get it, do me a favor and actually drive it, unlike all Corvette owners out there...
Old Jan 15, 2006, 06:25 PM
Account Disabled

The car, and engine are unreal for the price. I wish I had enough money for one, i would buy it over an evo in a heartbeat. Where are the "its interior sucks" comments... oh thats over on clubrsx? I truly believe any person making a negative comment about it has not driven in one.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Does this make you feel any better?
Old Jan 15, 2006, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

i myself am considering a Z06, but from a practical standpoint it is not worth it. the Evo and the Z06 are two completely different cars, so comapring them either way isnt fair, but they are the best value cars for their respective classes/price range. think of it this way:

if you are a prospective Ferrari/Porsche 911 Turbo buyer and are looking to get the most bang for your buck, take a look at the Z06
if you are a prospective C6/C6 Z06/Boxster S/911/M3 buyer and are looking to get the most bang for your buck, take a look at the Evo

Old Jan 15, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wingless
"If it cant race on gravel, snow, ice, tarmac, crazy uphill/downhill, all weather conditions, reliably commute to work, comfortably seat 4 people and haul all my crap....it's not on my list.

I'm with you bro
If I cant cut a 2.0 60ft in the rain its not on my list... Not now @ least
Old Jan 15, 2006, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cannonballer
Does this make you feel any better?
That's talking about a normal c6... not the z06. The difference? Oh, about 105hp

Quick Reply: EVO blues