Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO blues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2006, 02:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO blues

Just to start off, I love my EVO but..............

I test drove a new 06 Z06 (friend just bought it a couple of weeks back) and I can't stop thinking about it. The pure raw power, raw excelleration, just down right faster period. My EVO is currently faster then the earlier Z06 or the new 06 Vette but the 06 Z06 is just mind blowing.
You know it's bad when you've stopped modding your EVO or stopped visiting this site and checking out the Z06 sites. I don't even want to drive my EVO anymore. How bad is that? My EVO has never given me any trouble, it's an awesome car but something is just down right wrong with me right now. It's like I'm not satisfied with my car. I've been feeling terible lately, like having the blues. Either that or I need to change something in my life, something is missing.

Anyone get these feelings?
Old Jan 15, 2006, 02:56 AM

The Z06 is incredible! If you can get one go for it they are nuts. If not you have a sweet evo anyway wouldnt worry too much Btw what color is the z06?
Old Jan 15, 2006, 03:09 AM
Evolved Member

His Z06 is red. Don't hate me guys, been keeping an eye out for a 06 Z06. No chevrolet dealership has it in stock. They said they can't even keep'em in stock. By the time they get off the truck, their sold.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GREDDY
His Z06 is red. Don't hate me guys, been keeping an eye out for a 06 Z06. No chevrolet dealership has it in stock. They said they can't even keep'em in stock. By the time they get off the truck, their sold.
Car salesman say that about every new model that appears. I think you could purchase two MR's for the price of one Z06.

Attached is a great tool provided by Jeff Hardy to search nationwide C6 Corvettes. The user name and password is the same: corvetteforum

http://www.jeffhardy.com/lookupvette.php

By the way, you would save a lot of time, money by ordering from Kerbeck(s).com (can't remember) and have it courtesy delivered to your local Chevy dealer. It's an extra $300-400 fee but you will save thousands, wait a few weeks, and not have to deal with the locals. Good luck.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Yea the 06 ZO6 is crazy fast but if you are the type of guy that likes to drag and get noticed by the chicks then the ZO6 is for you. If you are the type that doesn't give a damn about what people think of you and want to go super crazy around turns and still maintain control while laughing and getting pushed back into your seat then you are still with us man!!! Btw, the ZO6 is a beautiful car!!
Old Jan 15, 2006, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

One other thing, . . . . here's the critical side of my review. It really rides firm (rough) like a sportscar. More than any Evo. Creaky, rattly, (eventually) interior/body/suspension, but unbelievable power/handling. The steering "feel" will not impress you. You drag the front end rubber thingy on speedbumps, entrances to slightly steep drieveways (drags a long time), and most everything else. Everyone looks, . . . all the time. And you think Mitsu service/warranty work is bad? GM will provide you a new definition to the word "bad". The power does overshadow everything else. Torque. Torque. Torque.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"High power turbo, plus all wheel drive . It's not a car without them." Sudo Kyoichi
"If it cant race on gravel, snow, ice, tarmac, crazy uphill/downhill, all weather conditions....it's not on my list." J!n K@z@mA
Old Jan 15, 2006, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by J!n K@z@mA
"High power turbo, plus all wheel drive . It's not a car without them." Sudo Kyoichi
"If it cant race on gravel, snow, ice, tarmac, crazy uphill/downhill, all weather conditions....it's not on my list." J!n K@z@mA

"If it cant race on gravel, snow, ice, tarmac, crazy uphill/downhill, all weather conditions, reliably commute to work, comfortably seat 4 people and haul all my crap....it's not on my list.

I'm with you bro
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

I live down in FL, near Daytona. They have SEVERAL Z06s on the lot. However, prepare to have some big bucks ready the price are marked up to $85,000 by the dealers. I've called over seventeen Chevrolet dealers, INCLUDING Chevrolet's headquarters to verify that all of them have marked up their vehicles. They're selling quickly though, even with the markup. It's a small price to pay for a car that whipes its *** with vehicles three times its price. Go for it if you can afford one. I personally despise the new Z06. While it may be incredibly fast, its still an American piece of ****. It COULD NOT DREAM of out handling a Ferrari or Lamborghini. It's just like every other Corvette. Fast in a straightline but its handling is mediocre, same with the viper, or any other poorly engineered American garbage. The front end is too heavy. Just remember, in the end it's just a light *** car with a huge V8 motor mounted in the wrong location. It's not a work of art or a masterpiece like the Evo, Lamborghini's, or Ferrari's.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

somebody has got money if their looking at the c6 zo6, their nice and all but damn how high do you think the car payment would be i would guess around 1g a month
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Man, that's not even CLOSE. To get it to 1,000 a month. You'd need to finance the car for 72 months and have `` A Tier`` or `` Tier 1 ``credit to even be CLOSE to 1,000 on a $85,000 finance. UNLESS they put a hell of a lot of money down. You've also got to consider, if your Evo isn't paid off, you'd have to take whatever was left on the loan in the back end of the new cars loan. Life's a *****.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Varrius
I live down in FL, near Daytona. They have SEVERAL Z06s on the lot. However, prepare to have some big bucks ready the price are marked up to $85,000 by the dealers. I've called over seventeen Chevrolet dealers, INCLUDING Chevrolet's headquarters to verify that all of them have marked up their vehicles. They're selling quickly though, even with the markup. It's a small price to pay for a car that whipes its *** with vehicles three times its price. Go for it if you can afford one. I personally despise the new Z06. While it may be incredibly fast, its still an American piece of ****. It COULD NOT DREAM of out handling a Ferrari or Lamborghini. It's just like every other Corvette. Fast in a straightline but its handling is mediocre, same with the viper, or any other poorly engineered American garbage. The front end is too heavy. Just remember, in the end it's just a light *** car with a huge V8 motor mounted in the wrong location. It's not a work of art or a masterpiece like the Evo, Lamborghini's, or Ferrari's.
Corvette's have nearly 50/50 weight distribution. It's not front heavy.
The Evo, on the other hand, is front heavy (60/40).
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:43 AM

I've hated GM's all my life but can't help but like the Z06. I've just given up my roadrace prepped 993 for an Evo 9 RS. If I really wanted to I could of had the Z06. I wanted to like it. I've got friends who race C5's and they are wickedly quick. However, and it's a big however, they are not natural track cars. By the time you build them to hold up to the track they become usable for only one purpose. I just got done reading a Road and Track comparo of the Viper and Z06 at Grattan raceway in Michigan. It doesn't sound like much has changed for the 'vette. They used terms as "snap oversteer" and phrases like "found bumps we never new the track had". A lot of 'vette drivers put up with the corners so they can drag race down the straightaways. I bought the Evo because it truly is a duel purpose car. Prepped properly and you can beat up on the big dogs at the track, haul 4 people at lunch and kick butt in the snow as well. Let's see a 'vette do that.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Z06 is a great car but if you don't have a second car you might want to reconsider your thoughts. It is not a daily driver in the winter, plus sitting that low will not be comfortable on long drives. If the power factor is what your missing maybe it's just time to start thinking about a turbo kit and a stroker. Just my $0.02.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Varrius
They have SEVERAL Z06s on the lot. However, prepare to have some big bucks ready the price are marked up to $85,000 by the dealers.
$85000 for a chevy......I dont think so

Quick Reply: EVO blues