Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ex supra owners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ex supra owners

Any evo owners here that are ex supra owners. If so how did you feel about switching over. Maybe any regrets or whatever.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spanky
Any evo owners here that are ex supra owners. If so how did you feel about switching over. Maybe any regrets or whatever.
evo's have 2 more doors and 2 more drive wheels that makes me happy with it's versatility. I've never owned a super but have owned vettes, and I prefer evo.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Owned a 350z and liked the style/ride over my evo but he's right about the space. Z has just the same space as the supra. Sex appeal is all in the supra/Z but the evo is more fun to drive for all seasons which is why i got it to replace my Z
Old Jan 18, 2006, 08:12 AM

I made the switch, had a 94 TT bpu++. I ended up buying a 05 MR and I can honestly say traction is a really nice thing. Even with the basic upgrades on the supra, traction was a problem. The Evo is a nice car but stock for stock, it lacks the top end but makes up for it with great road feel and like mentioned its versatility. My MR is resting in pieces due to a snow storm, Hopefully when insurance takes care of this Im going right back to Mitsu and getting another.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

2 very different cars, specially coming from a single turbo Supra.

love'em both.

n
Old Jan 18, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

i'd missed the highway top speed runs. supras have the nastiest top end i've ever been in.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 08:54 AM

For some reason it seems the Supra guys prefer the STI. Probably the bigger engine. Two of my friends have switched to STI's and if the STI forums there are several that have made the switch.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NYC EVO
I made the switch, had a 94 TT bpu++. I ended up buying a 05 MR and I can honestly say traction is a really nice thing. Even with the basic upgrades on the supra, traction was a problem. The Evo is a nice car but stock for stock, it lacks the top end but makes up for it with great road feel and like mentioned its versatility. My MR is resting in pieces due to a snow storm, Hopefully when insurance takes care of this Im going right back to Mitsu and getting another.
I use to live in Astoria, those plows will destroy your car for sure!!!!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

you wont be disappointed if thats what your wanting to hear. a few mods and you'll be super happy. They ride nice enough stock but the cornering and so forth is much better pending on what you had done to the supra
Old Jan 18, 2006, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

i switched from a 89 ford festiva, theres not to many differences, but the festiva had way more sex appeal. ill have to deal with it and cut my losses........lol
Old Jan 18, 2006, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NYC EVO
I also made the switch. I had a 94 BPU 6 Speed then for a short while, a 94 Single 6 speed. Its definitely an upgrade for me, fits my driving style i'd say 90% better. I do miss the nice Toyota interior and nothing, i mean NOTHING, beats the sound of the inline 6 turbo.

Where are you located NYC EVO? Im in flushing.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

had a highly modded 300zx TT... 500whp or so... miss the torque and fun of burning out. But thats about it, and trust me that doens't mean much when you get behind a car of this calibur, even if it is a mitsu
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 05 EVO RS
i switched from a 89 ford festiva, theres not to many differences, but the festiva had way more sex appeal. ill have to deal with it and cut my losses........lol
Stupid!!!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Originally Posted by F&I-EVO
Stupid!!!

I found it amusing
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by AllYouCanTiff
I also made the switch. I had a 94 BPU 6 Speed then for a short while, a 94 Single 6 speed. Its definitely an upgrade for me, fits my driving style i'd say 90% better. I do miss the nice Toyota interior and nothing, i mean NOTHING, beats the sound of the inline 6 turbo.

Where are you located NYC EVO? Im in flushing.

Hey Tiff, I'm the one you bought the intake from........ the MR with the 280's. Very cool that you had a Supra also.

Last edited by NYC EVO; Jan 18, 2006 at 12:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Ex supra owners