Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

wrecked my ix bad!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slostjoe
so i messed up my car pretty bad being a retard and so far the esimate is sitting at about 16000 they still dont know if they can save the rear diff. and fyi i cant post pics it wont let me
How much for your interior?
Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

The ba$tard invisible dumpster strikes again

But seriously, don't worry too much about it. Dwelling on it won't make it better. A lot of people just try to forget stuff like this but I'd suggest the opposite; learn from your mistake and try not to make it again. The worst thing for you to do now is not drive a fast car again. That's not to say you won't have another accident. As Jeff_Jeske said, it catches up with you sooner or later. Just try to make it later.

I wouldn't think you're going to single hadedly increase insurance premiums of evo's. There will be other idiots stoving their cars much worse. At least you're honest enough to say it's your fault when you could have said anything else and I think you deserve credit for that.

For all it's worth the car looks pretty buggered. If I were you (and had the money, which I currently don't) I'd fix up the car and use it for rallying.

p.s. why does it take six months to repair? Is there a queue or something? Let's say it takes 2 months to get the parts from Japan, why the heck would it take 4 more months?
Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

It sucks bro. Live and learn though. Whatever you really did, what matters is you got out ok, no one got injured, and you gained valuable experience. Plus your insurance will pend out a lot more money than it will take to fix your car = mods, mods, mods...
Old Jan 20, 2006, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

The new front bumper is making it hard to control the car.........yeh thats it.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdmevo8313
whao man, i was looking for fight or anything but you guys are talking like teenagers are the only ones that get into accidents. I know there alot of stupid teenagers out there but we are not the only ones!
that's right, teenagers don't always crash into teenagers
Old Jan 20, 2006, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that's sucks man.

dibs on the turbo
Old Jan 20, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Give this guy a break. He came into an oversteer condition and hit a dumpster. Its not like he hit a bunch of kids at a crosswalk. I find it VERY hard to believe that you fellas have never whipped a ****ty on city streets.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

I've got into two accidents since i've first started driving and both were not my fault and both were caused by guys with grey hair. just my 2cents
Old Jan 20, 2006, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

accidents suck. Period.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:37 PM

Alot of u guys bicker and b*tch too much bout ppl crashin there cars...How bout those idiots who are in their mid 30's and go buy all the expensive ferrari's, lambo's, porsches etc and crash them the next day! Accidents happen....When i crashed my IX....i knew it was my fault..but admittin it was ur fault doesnt really change much...And sayin sh*t like i hope u learn from ur mistakes dont help much either...Anything that can go wrong will go wrong...But the limitations for these evo's is the ******* tires.....they just suck in any whether i dont care what ppl say...even in the dry weather they slip goin in a straightline...The evos shoulda been equipped with BFG's KDW tires from the start..Much better performance tire for the street.....So what if someone crashes their car...who r u guys to b*tch at someone and lower their confidence to make themselves seem like scum...keep ur cheap opinions to urself!!!
Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
general statement, not directed at anyone in particular:

I don't understand how people can come on line, post about how bad they screwed up their new car, and then get surprised and upset when others agree that they were obviously acting stupid.

I know if it were me, the last thing I'd want to do after wading up my new car is brag about how dumb I was...
Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Let me summarize this thread thus far.

Guy 1: I was stupid and crashed my car.
Guy 2: You were stupid and crashed your car.
Guy 1: Meany!

The end.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

that will buff right out
Old Jan 20, 2006, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rodrigorules
that will buff right out
Sorry, that was funny.

But on da' real, after 6 months of being worked on, I probably wouldn't want it back. Won't be the same.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DevilsEvo666
Alot of u guys bicker and b*tch too much bout ppl crashin there cars...How bout those idiots who are in their mid 30's and go buy all the expensive ferrari's, lambo's, porsches etc and crash them the next day! Accidents happen....When i crashed my IX....i knew it was my fault..but admittin it was ur fault doesnt really change much...And sayin sh*t like i hope u learn from ur mistakes dont help much either...Anything that can go wrong will go wrong...But the limitations for these evo's is the ******* tires.....they just suck in any whether i dont care what ppl say...even in the dry weather they slip goin in a straightline...The evos shoulda been equipped with BFG's KDW tires from the start..Much better performance tire for the street.....So what if someone crashes their car...who r u guys to b*tch at someone and lower their confidence to make themselves seem like scum...keep ur cheap opinions to urself!!!
Whether learning from your mistakes helps or not entirely depends on the nature of the accident. In most cases, even when it's not your fault, there was something that could have been done to avoid the accident. So thinking about it helps. Like you did with the tyre thing. Obviously you now have a set of tyres you're happy with. It's better than to say that $hit happens and forget about it, specially if you did something silly - [I do that sometimes, perhaps you never do]. The same thing applies to any make of car.

Saying it was his fault doesn't fix his car. But at least IMO he's honest. He could have said a 6' coyote jumped on to the road from nowhere when he was doing 100mph round a corner. I like honest people. A lot of people do.

I really don't agree with you with the tyres. Although I have no experience with the BFG', I find the Yokos extremely good tyres. However, let's assume that I and countless others are wrong. Your car had really poor tyres, this you knew, and you crashed your car because of this? So anything that can go wrong will go wrong?

The ultimate limitation on any car are the tyres. That's a physical, scientific limit. However, in accidents, the driver sometimes has something to do with it. We've all got something to learn and if something terrible happens, why not benefit from it?

p.s. i'm on the stock yokos and have taken it to around 170mph quite often. never noticed and 'slip'. The slip a little in corners but that's about all. I only have modest mods on my car though. On the other hand, I have not heard from others with the problem. Perhaps you car had other problems like alignment or something.

Quick Reply: wrecked my ix bad!!!