Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

wrecked my ix bad!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2006, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just did the exact same thing but on the rear drivers side. and then i bounced into another tree. incase anyone is wondering. yes im young, yes im retarded, no my parents didnt buy my evo, no i cant drive for crap, yes i had two accidents in as many months, yes my insurance is insane now, but i look at it from a half full perspective. i have all new windshield, hood, front bumper, rear bumper, front passenger door, rear drivers side door skin, rear drivers side fender, 3 new wheels, new rear upper and lower control arms on the drivers side. new exhaust from the cat back. ect ect and atleast now i have good paint
Old Jan 20, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

DAMN WTF that poor poor Evo 9......glad your OK tho man just try not to drift around those corners anymore
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
He came into an oversteer condition and hit a dumpster.
My point exactly. It takes alot to get the evo to oversteer, which means "false sense of security" came into play again and he thought he was tommi makinen.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

I always find it ironic that people admit FAULT on a public website. That is the last thing I would do in the middle of an insurance claim. It's nobody's business and divulging information like that is not good.

Did you tell your insurance company you were SCREWING around and caused the accident?

Just curious, because I would double or triple your rates or drop you altogether if I found this out and you admitted fault for screwing around.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by markeddy
I always find it ironic that people admit FAULT on a public website. That is the last thing I would do in the middle of an insurance claim. It's nobody's business and divulging information like that is not good.

Did you tell your insurance company you were SCREWING around and caused the accident?

Just curious, because I would double or triple your rates or drop you altogether if I found this out and you admitted fault for screwing around.
I think anytime there is a single vehicle wreck in an alley they already assume that you were "SCREWING" around. I think it takes alot of accountability to say you screwed up and wrecked your car. At least he isn't lying about it like you are implying he should do. Kind of reminds of when people mod there car all out then damage something on the vehicle only to try to put everything back to stock and get mitsubishi to pay for it. Take some responsibility for your actions and admit, "hey I funked up now I have to pay for it."
Old Jan 21, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rodrigorules
that will buff right out
"My dad's a TV repair man. He has a b!tchin set of tools...

I can fix it !"
Old Jan 21, 2006, 07:39 PM
Account Disabled

OMG, people are so freakin stupid on here. Yea, it sucks for the thread starter to crash his evo. Yet, he is not the only foolish one here. Yes, it is a fact that teenagers cause more accidents than other age groups. Rather you admit it or not, it is TRUE!!! It's not an opinion, it's a fact!!! Yes, of course is generalizing, stereotyping, etc, etc. But no one is saying ALL teenagers are foolish!!! If you are not one and you "think" you drive safe, then you do not fall in that general foolish teen group. And kudos to you for being responsible. I am sure that the majority of the teen drivers are decent drivers, but it is still true out the all other age group, they are the one that crash the most!!! Like I said, if this is not you, then good for you!!! But there are a lot that deserve to be stereotyped!!!

And whoever that said the Evo parts are expensive is a tard too. Have you looked into how much it would cost to replace parts on any German vehicle??? Evo parts are not the cheapest, but they are not considered expensive.

Lastly, insurance does go up when statistic from previous years say that there are numerous claims for a particular vehicle. Whether is is stolen or crash, it is a claim. Insurance companies are in business to make money! So when there are numerous claims last year for a particular vehicle, they will raise your premiums. Real simple!! Just think if you were in the insurance business. Wouldn't you raise the premiums if you are paying out on a particular vehicle more than one that they pay way less??? Yes, there are other factors that affects premiums, but high claims are a major one!!!
Old Jan 21, 2006, 07:43 PM

Sorry to hear about you car. Don't worry get ready for another one!
Old Jan 21, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

I wish people only got one chance with this car, you really don't deserve a car like this if you flat out just can not drive it.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 08:39 PM

sorry to hear about the wreck... i was in this situation when i first got my license and its deffinatley not fun... good thing it was only my crappy purple accord w/ 150,000 plus miles on it... best thing u can do is learn from it and move on.... we all make mistakes
Old Jan 21, 2006, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BBYBruno
My point exactly. It takes alot to get the evo to oversteer, which means "false sense of security" came into play again and he thought he was tommi makinen.
Agreed here, in stock form it is difficult to get the car to oversteer or to upset the chassis.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Please get rid of your evo and buy a honda civic hybrid. This way you no longer are a burden on the insurance rates of the rest of the evo community and do not allow yourself the power to do stupid things with cars any more.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Maron
Agreed here, in stock form it is difficult to get the car to oversteer or to upset the chassis.
Not to bring up a dead thread again but do you even know how the wreck happened? There were 2 wheels off a 2"+ dropoff on the pavement in the dirt. You guys should really know the situation more before commenting. The same thing could have happened in a honda hybrid.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cruizinmax
Not to bring up a dead thread again but do you even know how the wreck happened? There were 2 wheels off a 2"+ dropoff on the pavement in the dirt. You guys should really know the situation more before commenting. The same thing could have happened in a honda hybrid.
No, it cannot. The honda hybrid rides on a cushion of eco friendliness. Which is almost as good as anti-gravity. So road or 2" drop makes no difference.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jdmevo8313
I hate the fact every one thinks every young driver is reckless! I am very careful and treat the evo as if it was my own child, Im 18 and I know guys in thir 40's driving like and getting in accidents. I just hate how every one generalizes!. And sry to hear about it man, at least your OK.
Get used to it.....it is because you are a young male. IT SUCKS. We all had to deal with it....at least until you are 25 and you catch a bit of a break with insurance. It is exactly what it sounds like, Age profiling....yet it is ok because we tolerate it. If it were women that had to pay more for insurance then all hell would break loose. Yet if you watch most young female drivers they are all over the place, speeding and talking on their cell phone while putting on makeup and drinking their Starbucks.

When are the men in this country going to stand up for themselves. Now dont get me started on White Males....

Sorry for the rant

Quick Reply: wrecked my ix bad!!!