Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

front end noise

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2006, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you guys may have an outer CV joint problem. If it's a clicking noise while just starting out and turning than most likely its the outer cv joint. I'm an Audi tech and I deal with these all the time. I just giving a guess from what you explained though.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
Sounds like you guys may have an outer CV joint problem. If it's a clicking noise while just starting out and turning than most likely its the outer cv joint. I'm an Audi tech and I deal with these all the time. I just giving a guess from what you explained though.

well in my case the strut is actually broken now and i have to get replacements.. if anyone knows of a wrecked or parted out evo, please lemme know. thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Strut FIXED

I have had this same sound since day one with my IX. I brought it to the dealership once and was told it was normal. After a few months, I decided it wasn't normal and requested that the dealer take a look at it. They discovered that the front right strut wasn't installed correctly and replaced the strut, bearing plate and bolt under warrenty. The sound has completely gone away.

The dealer, while under the car, also found that the rear sway bar was touching the axel housing. They fixed this under warranty as well. I was told that there is a TSB for the rear sway.