Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

insurance hike!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You pay 4000 every 6 months because you are a fool.

You are either:

a) 18, haven't had your nuts drop and still have pimples on your face

b) Have a plethora of speeding tickets, dwi's, or flat out reckless driving & street racing citations

c) Have no fing clue on how to shop around for a good deal

You should:

a) Kill yourself and save the rest of the planet

b) Buy a 1970 Yugo w/ a whopping 80hp
Old Jan 20, 2006, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
alot of it has to do with where you are....if i lived in LA...i would pay 4000 dollars too...it all starts off where you live
Old Jan 20, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
LMAO, that was the funniest post I've see in a while!

I pay roughly $775 every six months through Progessive. I'm 25 and have no tickets on my record. <knock on wood>
Old Jan 20, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

why you crying.... wipe ur tears ur grown man.... i pay 4000 bucks every 6 mionths try that kid!
ebonix? or is that the way you really talk? either way you sound like an idiot. 4k for six months, not because of the car, probably because of the driver in your case.

Go to state farm. No problems. Had them since i was sixteen. I pay 130/month with my evo and 2 bikes.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

4200 a year here but i have a evoix and my girls se-r altima and the bike so its not bad
Old Jan 20, 2006, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

PharmEcis sorry i dont live in middle america where everyone know each other and i got to say god blessed me and ive never had acne.... yeah i have had speeding tickets in past.... but who hasnt? i was only tryin to make akEvo feel better.... im not some loser like u tryin pick on someone doing something good.... and if u have something else to say call me up or better yet come over ill show u how we handle chumps like u in my area!
Old Jan 20, 2006, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

I just received my policy renewal from progressive and it went up $75.00 ever 6 months. ($918.00 for 2 cars) My wife got into an accident with her Tahoe about 2 months ago; I assume that is why it went up.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Pharm was just bustin ya, he knows from experience, heh

I just wanted to rant, to see if other fellow evo owners are seeing the same thing (especially from other companies besides geico).. If this is only a geico issue, then they where feeding me BS, which i will look for a different company.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:08 AM
Rnm
Evolved Member

About $300 per month for my IX with Allstate. Going to look at State Farm to see if they offer better rates.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by akEvo
Pharm was just bustin ya, he knows from experience, heh

I just wanted to rant, to see if other fellow evo owners are seeing the same thing (especially from other companies besides geico).. If this is only a geico issue, then they where feeding me BS, which i will look for a different company.
I sold my Evo in December of '05. Up until that point I had my Evo insured with State Farm starting in April of '05. State Farm didn't jack me around during that short period of time.

Basically the insurance underwriters can jack rates or refuse coverage for any type of car, even if it's as stupid as something like "we don't like pink cars". GIECO is an EXTREMELY risk adverse company. They pull this crap all the time in order to keep losses to a minimum.

The irony in all this is that I often see a GEICO advertising banner on the bottom of this site.

Last edited by propellerhead; Jan 20, 2006 at 10:12 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Mine went up but only buy about $40. Now I am at $529 for i months. However that is with a $149 discount for safe driver, 5th year, and about $100 for multi policy discount. I use State Farm.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zgodfathera
PharmEcis sorry i dont live in middle america where everyone know each other and i got to say god blessed me and ive never had acne.... yeah i have had speeding tickets in past.... but who hasnt? i was only tryin to make akEvo feel better.... im not some loser like u tryin pick on someone doing something good.... and if u have something else to say call me up or better yet come over ill show u how we handle chumps like u in my area!
Bro you have no idea who I am and what I've done or where I live at so if I were you'd I'd hush. My comments were purely directed at your idiotic comments. I don't live in middle america either.. I live in the nation's capital.

Want some? Come bring it..
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

i know enough about you by ur hour later post....
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akEvo
they stated that the car has been flagged as a vehicle involved in street racing,
By "the car" did they mean Evo's in general or just your Evo? it'd sound unfair if they impose that on all Evo owners because of some that do involve themselves in street racings, however since this is a private organization that might have just been them spotted you street racing.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

I pay 150 a month now on my insurance with state farm.. it went up another 10 use to be 140.. i asked why.. they said they "Reclassified" the car.. what ever the hell that means