Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

insurance hike!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chronozon
By "the car" did they mean Evo's in general or just your Evo? it'd sound unfair if they impose that on all Evo owners because of some that do involve themselves in street racings, however since this is a private organization that might have just been them spotted you street racing.
i havn't been street racing.... they said it had nothing to do w/ me, but the make/model of the car... "mitusbishi lancer evolutions" in general...

i will try to get that information today and post it
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, mine just went up too. I have State Farm. It was $528 every 6 months, now it is $600.

I have a bad feeling that this trend will continue.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:07 AM

It's really strange, Country Insurance is providing me full coverage - $500 deductable and i'm only paying $313 every 6 months! Not kidding.

However since my Type R has a "high performance symbol" (whatever that is) I pay a tad over $500 every 6 months on that car!

I don't get why the lancer Evolution is so cheap for me. I won't complain. If anyone is thinking - they do have the VIN number correct. I suppose the fact that it's 4 doors helps. The way insurance companies work is simply mind bogling.

FYI I'm 25 - clean record.

Last edited by itrsport.com; Jan 20, 2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIFL
I pay 150 a month now on my insurance with state farm.. it went up another 10 use to be 140.. i asked why.. they said they "Reclassified" the car.. what ever the hell that means
It means they took into account the accidents or tickets or performance aspects and jacked the rate up. It gonna happen everywhere with all these cares sooner or later. You know its bad when i called in for my quote, i have statefarm because they are great, and the agent laughs and says "Do you know that we will insure you for an 04 Z06 for a cheaper rate than this car." Evo rates are goin up in price because everyweek, some over-enthused driver on here is talkin about how he went around a corner like The Drift King and flipped his car thirty times down a hill.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zgodfathera
i know enough about you by ur hour later post....
I'm sorry that I run a shop and can't spend all my time jerking off on msg boards like you..

Have a good one..
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

yup thats the benefit of workin for Countrywide homes loans homie i dont like to get my hands dirty on other people POS only mine!
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

i know enough about you by ur hour later post....
Whiskey - Tango
yup thats the benefit of workin for Countrywide homes loans homie i dont like to get my hands dirty on other people POS only mine!
-Foxtrot!
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

I just got insurance in the last 2 weeks from progressive for about 2200 a year. No accidents, no tickets. Full coverage. This is actually cheap for my area (Los Angeles) zip code: 905XX.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

this thread has turned into 2 idiots talking about being the strongest guy from the states lol, I live in Vegas so I must be the strongest lol
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah... working on vette's, DSMs, 3Gs, 350Z's, rotaries etc are POS.. thats right I forgot.. I got employees to work on the dirty dailies.

Oh and I sold mortgages for a while too.. Now I remember why I quit doing that, I couldn't stand to be around scum like you.

If you are going to try and get into a flame war with me.. you can try.. but you will lose.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

My dad's my State Farm agent and I'm paying over $400 a month. My record's not completely spotless though.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
this thread has turned into 2 idiots talking about being the strongest guy from the states lol, I live in Vegas so I must be the strongest lol
Vegas ownz!
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

I just checked progressive, and whoa... My 350Z..$90/month. An Evo...140/month. A fifty dollar difference....com'on!
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

"Haters make you famous"
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Angry

that sucks for everyone else to pay a higher premium because the stupid idiots can't drive the EVO for $#!+. the ones that have evo as their first car ever should be giving the wet noodle, smack the rich parents for buying their teenage kids the car w/out knowing what it is, give their evos to me, and go buy themselves civics. 1 idiot ruins everything for 20 other drivers.