Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

More dealer chit-chat

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2002, 01:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More dealer chit-chat

I went to a local dealer today and talked to the saleperson (an old but good friend from highschool). I started to ask him about the EVO VII and he said they (their dealership) had just meet with a Mitsu representative the prior day. What he was able to tell me is that we in the USA will only be seeing 1 model with very limited options and about 6 color choices. He confirmed around 250hp with a plain style hood (losing the vents) and said expected date was sometime in November. I sadly hope he either misheard the rep or that Mitsu changes some stuff before they finalize.

Rin
Old Feb 9, 2002, 01:45 AM
Evolving Member

****! sounds like the gt-a...oh lord i hope not...cuz i will definently not buy it then.
Old Feb 9, 2002, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

I refuse to believe anymore of the BS that we've all been getting from dealers.

Until I hear something directly from Mitsubishi...I will continue to consider everything I hear from dealers to be them talking out of their a$$es......

I'm not rippin on the post....thanks fer posting this by the way....I'm just sick of getting the runaround

Hooby
Old Feb 9, 2002, 02:47 AM
Evolving Member

I'm with Hooby on this. This is some serious **** that these dealers are putting us through. I have been working my *** off for the last year and a half and plan to until the car comes out. I better ****ing hell get the the damn Evo 7 or I might as well so go look for a grey market car.
Old Feb 9, 2002, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

We'll get the Evo VII BUT to me, I think Mitsubishi wants an Evo that will appeal to a larger market so I say we will probably get the GT-A with the crappy Euro lights, plain hood and all. I may be leaning toward a new 400hp Cobra or Sti now. I hope it's not true though...so I can still plan on getting the Evo. I think we'll know more from Mitsubishi within the next 1-2 months
Old Feb 9, 2002, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

I just read alot more on the GT-A and after reading it I'll be REAL surprised if they don't bring that version. They basically say it's more refined for more "mature" audiences. It is quieter due to steel exaust and more insulation. It also comes standard with seats that would be more typical of those offered in U.S cars BUT they did say the Recaros are an option on the GT-A. The Brembos and AYC/ACD are both std on the GT-A. The wheels are more illustrious for "more appeal" and they mentioned the hoodscoops and front grill opening were removed to help with aerodynamics and once again to appeal to a lager more mature group. ALSO the suspension isn't as harsh as the GSR. Sounds like an EVO they would offer us. Here is my guess: they'll bring the Evo GTA and offer these as options: Recaros, leather (on the std type seats), the automatic tranny, sunroof, and the big adj. wing will be optional (as it is with the GTA...the small wing is std.).
Anyone want to make bets?
One other thing....even in Japan the GTA has slightly less horsepower, they say it is optimized for midrange power and day to day driving.
Old Feb 9, 2002, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

AGH!!! PEOPLE, STOP SAYING THE GTA IS COMING OVER!!! YOU'RE GONNA GIVE ME A CORONARY!!! Noooo, I don't even want to THINK of that happening. OMG, that would suck ***!!!
Old Feb 9, 2002, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

How about we make a petition to Mitsubishi to bring over the GSR version and not the GTA version
Did you know they have planned to be able to sell 2000 GTA's a month?!
(24,000 a year).
Old Feb 9, 2002, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

I honestly don't think that Mitsubishi would be stupid enough to bring that POS over here. They really have nothin out there in the high-performance market. The Eclipse is a semi-sports coupe, but lt's be honest, the Eclipse isn't a real high performance vehicle. It's a great car and it COULD be a high performance vehicle, but nobody's really jumpin on the bandwagon fer the aftermarket on it.

Not to mention if they just brought the GT-A over, the would have nothin to compete with the STI, and barely even the WRX. Strike that....if they brought over the GT-A, I would buy a regular WRX before I bought the GT-A, and I hate the looks of the WRX.

They would seriously be putting the nail in their own coffin if they brought over the GT-A and only the GT-A. That would be quite possibly the dumbest thing they've ever done, even more stupid than not comin out with a GS-T or GSX fer the new gen Eclipse's.

I know Mitsubishi's done some pretty dumb things, but bringing the GT-A, that's just plain " I ride the Short Bus" stupid, and I don't think even Mitsubishi would be THAT clueless.

Hooby
Old Feb 9, 2002, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

No way in hell am I gonna buy the GTA, even if its 50% off, I might think about it if the GTA was 10 grand. But nonetheless, I want the GSR!
with all the hood scoops and the deal. Sigh, I am really getting a bad feeling about this. Like I said earlier, I'm gonna go find myself some grey market Evo 7 then. LHD ofcourse.
Old Feb 10, 2002, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

the only reason that i would think they wouldnt bring the GT-A over is because the evo is supposed to be competetion with the Sti, which GT-A would not be.

please please please bring the gsr
Old Feb 10, 2002, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

with a plain style hood (losing the vents)
They are one of the coolest thing on the car along with the Brembo's, the Recaro's and the spoiler. They can't leave them out!! It makes the car...I sure hope somebodys got false info...
Old Feb 10, 2002, 10:20 PM

Cool

It will be a sad day for us EVO fans if this turns out to be true...I myself will go congratulate subaru for kicking mitsubishis A**. How can they be so dumb as to bring the GT-A to the US to compete with the STI. I mean do they look at what people really want or just take statistical figures and generate a production line based on sorry requirements from soapbox drivers who think pontiacs are exotic vehicles. Like I said earlier before ....what the heck is up with Even if this is not true...they are truly shaking our loyalty for their products....this suprize, even if it is a suprize is pointless. I am sure there are many of us working hard to save up for this car...and all they do ...is good job in disappointing us...!
Old Feb 10, 2002, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

If mitsu brought over the gt-a and only the gt-a I would be very pissed at them, and there is no way I would buy one. Ill wait for the sti. If I wanted a civilized car I would buy one of the gazzillion other luxury cars in america right now.
Old Feb 10, 2002, 11:46 PM

Grey Market EVO VII - Possible to register?

If a group of us were to get together and place an order (hopefully a big one) through one of these grey market import companies - would we be able to register our REAL GSR Lancer EVO VII's? Anyone know the deal with this??? Can it be done?? If it can - we should tell all the USA dealer****s to GO TO HELL (myself included - I have a $500 deposit on a USA EVO VII) and get a Group Deal (the more cars the better)....what do you guys think?

The Outlaw
"Always on the run"

Quick Reply: More dealer chit-chat