Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Coolguy949 Makes AUTOWEEK this week. :)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2003, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great job We're all over the places

Keep them (the dealer list) coming
Old Mar 28, 2003, 01:48 AM

Props and a from me. We are just one big happy family !
Old Mar 28, 2003, 02:08 AM

Hopefully this'll make the San Jose dealers drop their mark-ups!
Old Mar 28, 2003, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

Good job Rob. Hopefully this helps all us So Cal people get our evo's at MSRP faster...
Old Mar 28, 2003, 04:00 AM

Just ridculous guys just ridculous...and i'm not talking about the dealership markups..
Old Mar 28, 2003, 04:04 AM

I'm sure its not hard to find another Mitsubishi Dealership in your local area..
Old Mar 28, 2003, 04:16 AM

Originally posted by orangebowl_jad
um, shut up Isocom79...really...markup is BS and boycotting these greedy bastards is what America is all about, freedom! So way to go all...brilliant!
if you think boycotting a dealership because they want to make a profit is what America is all about then you sir have a serious case of the stupids and you should think about trying to fix that...

seriously....GET OVER IT!

Its the Free Enterprise and Capitalist society at work...now deal with it.

P.S. No one is complaing about the $5k+ markup on Dodge Rams with HEMI V8s...now why is that?
Old Mar 28, 2003, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

Isocom79, what you are standing for is stupid as well. Boycotting is exactly what you are saying "DEAL WITH IT". I mean it's just a way of letting your dollar speak for itself. Why would you wanna spend 10 K more when you can have the same exact product for less somewhere else?
Don't come to me with Capitalist And Free Entreprise talk, I know they are free to do whatever they want. If those dealerships deem it is in their best interest to price gouge like that, then let them do it. I find it utterly stupid and unnecessary that some of these dealerships are marking up like that. Sure they are trying to make some money out of the hype. However what they don't realize is that this is a car for a niche market. This being, most of the potential buyers already know about the product and won't be dupped by some of the weird and stupid sale tactics some dealers will throw at them. I just think it's very very bad business ethics and this will give a bad image.
The only reason these dealerships mark up like that is because some of the buyers will have more money and will be willing to spend it.
Coming on here and telling Coolguy949 and everyone else that what he did was "utterly pointless and stupid" just justifies your ignorance. I find it something very helpful for all of those who don't actually have the money to pay the markup and want to know which dealerships are marking up and avoid them.

An answer to your question:
"No one is complaing about the $5k+ markup on Dodge Rams with HEMI V8s...now why is that? "

Last i checked, this was a lancer forum, and no one is going to complain about Dodge Rams on here. check elsewhere, i'm sure there is someone complaining about mark up.

To conclude, i'm not bashing Capitalism and Free Enterprise, I just find this is not a matter of Capitalism because in then everyone is just gonna "DEAL WITH IT" by taking their money elsewhere...
Old Mar 28, 2003, 04:44 AM
Evolving Member

it is a capitalist society and as such we can choose not to buy a product at a given price. you obviously don't understand your own thinking. If people do boycott these dealerships the profit will still be there at msrp, and proving that capitalistic society can work in favor of the consumer. why deal with something you don't like. you can chosse to buy a 29000 car for far more than 29 grand, for others, they choose to push around their consumer power and not purchase from those people. in short, you are rediculus for criticising others for being inteligent
Old Mar 28, 2003, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

right in before me
Old Mar 28, 2003, 04:50 AM

Originally posted by Phab

Coming on here and telling Coolguy949 and everyone else that what he did was "utterly pointless and stupid" just justifies your ignorance. I find it something very helpful for all of those who don't actually have the money to pay the markup and want to know which dealerships are marking up and avoid them.

so what you are saying is that people who probably can't afford the car in the first place are complaing because of dealership markup? Jeez....be patient wait six months and then buy the damn thing. Its nothing to get so worked up about, its just a car.

Its going to happen with any 'hot' or 'in-demand' product.

Why don't you complain about McDonald's raising the price of frence fries by a nickel to everyone...quick boycott McDonalds!

Damn man deal with it...i highly doubt 99% of the people that are registered on this board were ACTUALLY going to buy the Lancer Evolution 8.

More like 99% of people registered here weren't going to buy one...
Old Mar 28, 2003, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

i am not going to get into a pissing match with you, i never made any comments negative towards you in any way, that should be mutual. I assume you are older than i, considering i am 20, why must you insult me and others oon this board. You need to calm down.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 05:16 AM
Evolving Member

hey how bout this, if ppl are trying to save other ppl some money then deal with it
Old Mar 28, 2003, 05:26 AM
Evolving Member

Claudius, I think you said it best...that's pretty much what iw anted to get at, forget all the extra padding. Isocom79, yeah it's easy to just drive to another dealership or call them. What you haven't understood is that this list actually helps people in not wasting time and going to one that already marks up. How difficult is that to understand? it's just helping people recognise which ones they should avoid...

Quick Reply: Coolguy949 Makes AUTOWEEK this week. :)