Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Coolguy949 Makes AUTOWEEK this week. :)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2003, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. The main purpose of my list is to give potential buyers a guide as to what dealers to go to. We already have an MSRP dealer list, but I also wanted to make a mark-up list just to give people an idea what we're dealing with here. 30% mark-ups arent something a lot of people are wanting to pay. I'd rather just look at a list of dealers than call around using the yellow pages and have to go through a new sales pitch each time. Notice how my list is called the "Above-MSRP Dealer List", it was after I started the list that I decided to use it as the information source for the boycott. Originally the list was for my own reference. I started it about 2 weeks before I even thought of making the "Boycott these Dealers" thread. Once I saw the response I was getting, I saw the need to organze some type of list to keep track instead of having people scan the huge thread. Notice how I announce a new online list about 3 pages into the boycott thread. So again, it all matured in to what it is now.

Money talks, and that's exactly what we intend to make it do.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Very Nice

^_^
Old Mar 28, 2003, 06:27 AM

Originally posted by Isocom79

at least spell properly if you want to be labeled as intelligent yourself...jeez....

Like i just said...i HIGHLY DOUBT 99% of the people registered here were actually in the market to buy the EVO8.....thats logical boycott something you weren't going to buy anyway...
whats that suppose to mean? that we are poor or something?
first of all the invoice on the car is 26,891.00 and destination is 595.00 which comes out to 27,486.00 even if the dealers sell it to us at msrp which they should... they are making 2000.00 in profit before holdback... so i say we should stick to our guns and not buy any evo's if it is not msrp or below...
Old Mar 28, 2003, 06:38 AM

First time in my life I saw someone willing to pay more for the same thing. 2 choices,

1. He's really dumb and think the car will have a greater value than if he pay less...

2. He works for them and saw it in autoweek and got pissed off...

Anyway, go for the boycott guys!

Pay MSRP not a penny more! Can't wait to see them coming in Canada, and see if our new dealers are %?&*() for asking us 10 grands more!

Peace!
Old Mar 28, 2003, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Go Boycott!! Congrats Coolguy949!!! The voices are being heard!!!
Old Mar 28, 2003, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

I think socom works for a dealership.....He's acting like we just took the silver spoon he eats with out of his mouth.

It's great that the boycott made it into a major publication. But as such we have to realize that this can/will attract some angry salespeople/dealers.

The Free capitalist market works in both directions. Dealers price a product to what they feel it is worth. Consumers choose to, or choose not to buy at that price.

The advent of the www has given consumers a great way to compare prices, and band together as a cohesive group. 1 consumer's opinion is worth very little to a seller. 1000 consumer opinions is something that will get a sellers attention.

And whether the individuals on this board are real buyers or not is of no matter to anyone. We are all consumers. As such, we hold the reigns of the free capitalist market.

SC~
Old Mar 28, 2003, 10:05 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally posted by Secret Chimp
I think socom works for a dealership.....He's acting like we just took the silver spoon he eats with out of his mouth.

It's great that the boycott made it into a major publication. But as such we have to realize that this can/will attract some angry salespeople/dealers.

The Free capitalist market works in both directions. Dealers price a product to what they feel it is worth. Consumers choose to, or choose not to buy at that price.

The advent of the www has given consumers a great way to compare prices, and band together as a cohesive group. 1 consumer's opinion is worth very little to a seller. 1000 consumer opinions is something that will get a sellers attention.

And whether the individuals on this board are real buyers or not is of no matter to anyone. We are all consumers. As such, we hold the reigns of the free capitalist market.

SC~
Amen,

And thanks again to Coolguy949 for a very helpful and powerful list. The fact is that we are all much more educated consumers than previous generations (thanks to the ability to exchange information on the www) and things like markups just won't work as well as they did in the past.

Also, remember that Mitsubishi even targeted the younger generations with this vehicle as they are the future car buyers, so there is an importance to everyone's opinion.

Mark
Old Mar 28, 2003, 10:55 AM
Account Disabled

it only takes one person speaking out to make a difference.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

P.S. No one is complaing about the $5k+ markup on Dodge Rams with HEMI V8s...now why is that?
Beacuse those damn Cleatus Hillbillies are too stupid to come in outta the rain let alone buy a good vehicle.

"HEY BRANDINE! Check this here critter out. These here rims is size 20! We'd be like movie stars. Hyuck hyuck."

Nevermind that you'll need a new transmission in 10,000 miles...
Old Mar 28, 2003, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Its nothing to get so worked up about, its just a car.
Wait....WHAT?! ...excuse me?... "just a car"...

I don't f-in think so pal! You're obviously in the wrong place if that's your train of thought. Alright that's it. Someone boot this guy!

j/k...or am i?
Old Mar 28, 2003, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by KK

Also, remember that Mitsubishi even targeted the younger generations with this vehicle as they are the future car buyers, so there is an importance to everyone's opinion.

Mark
That's the precise reason why the mark-ups didnt sit well with me. I'm 21 and have been waiting ages for this car. I've got my money ready to buy (and 33K out the door already is a heck of a lot of money for me!) and, to my dismay, I need to hand over another 5K - 10K just because the dealer thinks it's worth more?! Since they seem to know so much about pricing, maybe Mitsu should have the salesmen decide on the MSRP. I just find it very interesting and downright dumb that a dealer has the audacity to mark-up the car 30% in an economy that's in a rut and only growing 1% percent per year currently.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 11:20 AM

What Socom doesn't seem to understand is that there is a difference between making a profit and price gouging. If hotels are charging a certain rate for their rooms and then there is a hurricane and lots of people are displaced from their homes. Is it ethical for those hotels to suddenly triple their rates because now there is more demand. No, its gouging and there are laws against it. Sure this is a sports car and not a neccesity so it isn't illlegal or immoral, but it is greedy and it makes you have less confidence in the people who do it. Car dealers already make good profits on their new cars and even better profits on used cars. Because dealers are floorplanning cars, they make better profits on high demand or ordered cars that aren't going to be sitting on the lot for a long time.

I have found one dealer in my area (Dallas/Fort Worth) that still says they won't mark up. Guess which dealer I am going to feel best about, not just for the purchase but also for service, parts, etc.
Old Mar 31, 2003, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Hey everyone, got an email back from AutoWeek!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob,
Thanks for the note. Drop me a note if anything newsy happens--like the boycott forces dealers to sell at MSRP or below (fat chance right?). Appreciate the input from your site's readers, even if some were a little blunt. If I don't hear about it, I can't write about it.
Thanks again and keep reading,
Bob

Bob Gritzinger
Senior Editor, News
AutoWeek
------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by KK; Mar 31, 2003 at 02:30 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2003, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by cutlass73

Beacuse those damn Cleatus Hillbillies are too stupid to come in outta the rain let alone buy a good vehicle.

"HEY BRANDINE! Check this here critter out. These here rims is size 20! We'd be like movie stars. Hyuck hyuck."

Nevermind that you'll need a new transmission in 10,000 miles...
Man ... that could **** a few of but it is dam funny. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!
Old Mar 31, 2003, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Guys,

Just don't forget that some of these dealers will drop the mark-up with a little bit of haggling. Sarasota (Gettle) is one of the dealerships on this list and they probably shouldn't be. A couple idiot saleman opened up their mouths to one or two few about the mark-up ... morons!

Quick Reply: Coolguy949 Makes AUTOWEEK this week. :)