Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Harman Motive

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2006, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, damn, you guys need to talk about it then. I haven't heard of anyone talking about having launch control on their Ecutek-flashed car. Why does no one mention it? Where are all these Ecutek-flashed cars with launch control? they aren't in the Drag forum talking about their launches, that's for sure. I want to see some results for my own personal edification.

Razorlab, what flashes are you referring to that have been written over an EcuTek-flashed ECU? It's all fine and dandy to refute a guess, but it would help if you give the answer, otherwise you're not being helpful, and this info would be helpful.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gracias eman, btw KOBE BRYANT is almost at 80 points tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eman
I was going to get flash from Dynoflash but the fact that I want to be able to go back to stock for major services , warranty issues to the dealer I need someone local.
BTW : price for Dynoflash is not bad at all !!!!
You can do that with Dynoflash free of charge, but I'm guessing you mean that you want to be able to drive down and get it done in person rather than wait for the ECU to go through the mail.

Also, there will be no reason to flash back to stock for your maintenance services, but it would be a good idea for any warranty claims - of course, that's along with removing any aftermarket parts as well.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You can do that with Dynoflash free of charge, but I'm guessing you mean that you want to be able to drive down and get it done in person rather than wait for the ECU to go through the mail.

Also, there will be no reason to flash back to stock for your maintenance services, but it would be a good idea for any warranty claims - of course, that's along with removing any aftermarket parts as well.
Yeah I want drive down to stock flash , and you said there's no reason to flash back to stock for maintance , why ? dont they check via OBD ports for certain services ?
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:42 PM
Account Disabled

Well, damn, you guys need to talk about it then. I haven't heard of anyone talking about having launch control on their Ecutek-flashed car. Why does no one mention it? Where are all these Ecutek-flashed cars with launch control? they aren't in the Drag forum talking about their launches, that's for sure. I want to see some results for my own personal edification.
You're slipping Clayton. You know I wouldn't say it without proof.

Here are your results, a 4-wheel burnout and what looks like a 1.6X 60'.

07-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Vendor TopSpeed
NEW!! EcuTek launch control (VIDEO INSIDE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got done playing with the new Launch control feature that Ecutek has released. I am very impressed with this new feature. We are able to build 10psi of boost off the line at 5500rpm's.

Here is the video.
http://www.zippyvideos.com/92767162691415.html
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

what is launch control set to now , I was told by Dan(Harman Motive ) 5500 RPMs
is that what you got ?
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

That's nice. I wish I would have known, but better late than never. I don't understand why we don't see everyone with EcuTek flashes talking about their launch control. That baffles me that no one has talked about it after so long...

Eman, your stock launch limiter is set to 5k. Have Harman Motive bump it to 5500 for you.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:08 PM

is is too high to set it @ 6k Warrtalon ? or is 5500 enough ??
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

is is too high to set it @ 6k Warrtalon ? or is 5500 enough ??
I prefer 6k personally, but I think 5500 is a very good place to set it. Ask Harman if they wouldn't mind changing it for you if the first setting isn't where you want it.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:23 PM

Thanks mang !!!
Also you said this on a diff post : "A IX has also already hit 12.0 on pump gas with just a tbe ($600), mbc ($85), and mail-in Dynoflash ($299). That's around 1k for 12.0s on pump gas and around 330whp. No comparison again..."

where can I get a TBE for $600 , ralley good price !!!
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks mang !!!
Also you said this on a diff post : "A IX has also already hit 12.0 on pump gas with just a tbe ($600), mbc ($85), and mail-in Dynoflash ($299). That's around 1k for 12.0s on pump gas and around 330whp. No comparison again..."

where can I get a TBE for $600 , ralley good price !!!
The Megan TBE, but I don't have 100% confirmation that it fits perfectly on the IX. Some people have installed the Cat-back and sait it fits perfect. One guy just recently put the downpipe on his IX, too, and he said it fit, but that it was pretty close to the ACD (it's close on my 05, too, so that's no biggie). That only leaves the test pipe, which doesn't matter - it will fit as long as the DP/CBE fit.

Several vendors on here carry it. I always suggest my first sponsor.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts

Razorlab, what flashes are you referring to that have been written over an EcuTek-flashed ECU? It's all fine and dandy to refute a guess, but it would help if you give the answer, otherwise you're not being helpful, and this info would be helpful.
I believe I did give an answer, which was, yes, a ECUtek can be overwritten by another flash.

but just in case...

WORKS techtom flash to ECUtek and back again.

Now again going from WORKS techtom flash to ECUtek again.

He's having a hard time finding a tuner that he likes.

2 others have also gone ecutek to techtom (non-works).

To be super granular, I do believe some of these where flashed back to stock first for safety, then flashed again.

Is that all fine and dandy, helpful, etc, or do I need to post phone numbers, dates and times as well?

Last edited by razorlab; Jan 23, 2006 at 12:38 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 03:47 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by razorlab
I believe I did give an answer, which was, yes, a ECUtek can be overwritten by another flash.

but just in case...

WORKS techtom flash to ECUtek and back again.

Now again going from WORKS techtom flash to ECUtek again.

He's having a hard time finding a tuner that he likes.

2 others have also gone ecutek to techtom (non-works).

To be super granular, I do believe some of these where flashed back to stock first for safety, then flashed again.

Is that all fine and dandy, helpful, etc, or do I need to post phone numbers, dates and times as well?
Just to clarify

The Ecutek has launch control

From the best of my data (unless they have revised the ecutek recently) once a car is flashed by Ecutek - NO ONE can reflash the ecu except another Ecutek dealer
Old Jan 23, 2006, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Eman make sure you report back with us with the results of your flash and TBE (please). Yeah I also planned on going with Harman Automotive when I get my IX, it's great that they will get some experience with IX before I go, LOL. How much were they charging for the Ecutek Flash, did you say $450? Or is it more expensive? Anyhow looks I will be going with Harman, unless there is another Dynoflash visit to Socal in late April/early May.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 05:22 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Eman make sure you report back with us with the results of your flash and TBE (please). Yeah I also planned on going with Harman Automotive when I get my IX, it's great that they will get some experience with IX before I go, LOL. How much were they charging for the Ecutek Flash, did you say $450? Or is it more expensive? Anyhow looks I will be going with Harman, unless there is another Dynoflash visit to Socal in late April/early May.
$650 should be the minimum advertised price for a first time ECUtek user license.

Quick Reply: Harman Motive