Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dual BOV Setup

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evolved69
ive never heard of someone trying to do this before...but it would be pointless..read^^^^
my point exactly
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

evoegg...if anything im one of the nicer people on this website i dont ever have anything bad to say but when u come up with such a stupid *** idea like this idk what else to say other than...how did they ever let u buy an evo???? :i dunno:
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Wouldnt work because the HKS would vent all the air and the Greddy wouldn't be used at all. Would probably only work if you were pushing over 30 or so PSI with huge turbo.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

What about three BOV's that would give you 2 in case 1 of them fails.

Sounds like you have too much time on your hands... change your transfer case oil or something instead
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil
What about three BOV's that would give you 2 in case 1 of them fails.

Sounds like you have too much time on your hands... change your transfer case oil or something instead
oh man that would be awesome! what about 4 yes i said 4 S-S-Q BOV's!

i am so stoked!
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Warrtalon has great amount of knowledge with drag racing, evos, and various other subjects having to do with cars, but there are too many warrtalon *** kissers on these forums. Every time there's a thread..."oh wheres big daddy warrtalon." I respect his knowledge but I don't have to bring up his name in every other thread
Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
Warrtalon has great amount of knowledge with drag racing, evos, and various other subjects having to do with cars, but there are too many warrtalon *** kissers on these forums. Every time there's a thread..."oh wheres big daddy warrtalon." I respect his knowledge but I don't have to bring up his name in every other thread
some ppl, and i don't mean everyone, but SOME, think that *** kissing will buy them a "get out of jail free" card when they say something stupid and warr decides to get out his flamethrower.
the setup with 2 different valves will not work the way the poster indends it to, because the valve with the softer spring will open up first and that'll be it. and i base that on absolutely nothing...WARRTALON WHERE ARE YOU??!!11 jk

Last edited by JoizeeX; Jan 24, 2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Im still stoked about this thread
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

i am surprised that warrtalon isnt all over this. but have your firesuit ready if he shows up.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

SERIOUSLY!!!! He does not even have any!!!!!!! qualifcations.... just because some one puts a fake sponsers under their signature does not mean jack...
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL EVO 8
SERIOUSLY!!!! He does not even have any!!!!!!! qualifcations.... just because some one puts a fake sponsers under their signature does not mean jack...

fake sponsors, eh?

+2 for Ban.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

I think what is confusing people here is that Evoegg said he has 2 "BOV's." He really has one recirc and one vta. VTA is not a blow off valve as many people know, but it seems like people are getting stuck on that...I agree with you guys however that there wouldnt be enough boost, it's a good concept Evoegg, but i dunno about the logistics...

And I don't understand the big fuss about Warrtalon either, if anything i discredit what he has to say more often than not, because he chimes in where he doesn't belong half the time.

BTW: Evoegg, I'm loving my Defi Amber boost gauge! Thanks again!

Last edited by Vroompsh; Jan 24, 2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVIL EVO 8

you truely are one stupid moron...every time you open your mouth you just set yourself up for an ownage...
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, Well thanks for all inputs. And its ok I dont need firesuits because I already made myself bullet proof before I click on submit button.

Well, you may say I have too much time on hand, but I am just some guy who come up with an idea and wanna give it a shot. But too bad, trying anything BOV related on this forum will get jumped on as soon as you click on submit .

About owning an Evo? well, I think I am better than that guy who owns M3 and put his socks replace his oil cap. I just dont see why has this to do with owning an Evo.

But for those who really replied my question, Thanks and especially the softer spring will open first. This is what I really have to know.

Once again, thanks for all your time and I still love this forum.

BTW can you guys stop making fun on Warrtalon?
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vroompsh
I think what is confusing people here is that Evoegg said he has 2 "BOV's." He really has one recirc and one vta. VTA is not a blow off valve as many people know, but it seems like people are getting stuck on that...I agree with you guys however that there wouldnt be enough boost, it's a good concept Evoegg, but i dunno about the logistics...

And I don't understand the big fuss about Warrtalon either, if anything i discredit what he has to say more often than not, because he chimes in where he doesn't belong half the time.

BTW: Evoegg, I'm loving my Defi Amber boost gauge! Thanks again!
Thanks and =) glad you love the gauge, I might come up with water temp + EGT for great deal. Buy my friend is outta town atm.

=)

Quick Reply: Dual BOV Setup