Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just rode in a fellow members IX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2006, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just rode in a fellow members IX

I just got back from a ride in a fellow members (Hova00) Evo IX. Just a quick review of what I thought. I hear a bunch of crap about its a bad ride and interior is horrible. In my opinion the interior is fine, if you want a nice interior get a luxury car not a sports car. I thought the ride was fine. Yea I could feel some bumps on the road but it felt fine to me. He had a TBE and custome tune. Now I've never been in a real fast car before. Faster car I have been in has been a TBE + intake WRX. This thing was quick. he went from like 0-80 a few times and it DEFANITLY puts you back in your seat pretty nice. Seats were very good as well, defanitly hold you in place. My girl was in the back and thought it was ok as long as someone who is a little taller isn't back there because then you would be cramped. Two things I didn't like were that his breaks squeaked after about 3000 miles on the car. That really doesn't bother me a whole lot just think for $31,000 they shouldn't...at least that soon. The other thing is the clutch. He revved it up to like 6500 rpm and you could feel it shaking a little bit. So the clutches still are pretty bad even in the IX. Overall it was defanitly a great ride. Just need to find a good dealer to buy from who won't be **** about everything in regards to the warranty.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 07:52 PM

agree with the bad clutch
and the brakes squeals even brand new
Old Jan 24, 2006, 07:54 PM
Account Disabled

Easiest clutch ever, Just don't burn it up
The brakes squeal when you going very slow, mine do all day
Old Jan 24, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Faster car I have been in has been a TBE + intake WRX.
What does that mean? ^^^^^

Unfortunately, you have misunderstandings about a few things:

1) The brakes squeal not because of the milage, but because they are high performance semi-metallic brake pads. They are supposed to squeak during light braking. It's not like the squeak all the time or during all forms of braking.

2) Um, no, the clutch is not "pretty bad" on the IX, nor is it bad on the previous VIIIs. IT should not "shake a little bit" when revving to 6500rpm. Whatever caused that is not a normal thing. I've never heard, experienced, nor read about such a thing. The clutch is a little weaker than other clutches maybe, but it's by no means bad, and this symptom you are describing is not part of its weakness.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 08:18 PM
Account Disabled

So apparently the flash he got removed that 5k RPM rev limiter in 1st gear? I never have had any rattling with my clutch but I'm not dumping it a lot either. Clutches need breaking in just like engines. Not sure how long though. I took everything pretty easy until my first oil change at 1.5k miles.