Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Preventing my EVO from getting stolen...bro's S2K almost got stolen last night

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another method is to relocate the battery into the trunk. If they know what they're doing, they could pop open the hood, or even drill through the fender at very low speeds that would minimize the grinding, cause the battery to puncture and leak the fluid out.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:04 PM
Former Sponsor

A kill switch is one of the best ways... ive had one on my bimmer.... and also an idea im going to be doing is

Since I have an aftermarket steering wheel all I need is this hub which LOCKS and need a key for you to put a wheel in.. I would leave my wheel turned all the way with no steering wheel.... this will make my car much harder to steal... there are some ways but im not telling
Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Where the guy gets his head smashed into the curb and then the guy that did it gets put away for a long time and gets **** raped? Yea...ok. Just becuz u got ur car broken into doesnt mean it gives u the right to kill them...but good luck if u do...
Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

funny, my cousins S2k got stolen two weeks ago.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

It's funny... Civics are stolen a lot in my part of the state. The heck is up with those honda thieves and their B16's?
Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sne2040
It's funny... Civics are stolen a lot in my part of the state. The heck is up with those honda thieves and their B16's?

They cant afford anything else???

Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
who wants a mitsubishi anyways???
Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
They cant afford anything else???

I'm in the same catagory now, after loosing a ****load of money on my VR-4. I hope this new upcoming job will pay me enough to buy an Evo.

BTW, i'll sell my limbs before i pimp a Civic.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoRicer
Where the guy gets his head smashed into the curb and then the guy that did it gets put away for a long time and gets **** raped? Yea...ok. Just becuz u got ur car broken into doesnt mean it gives u the right to kill them...but good luck if u do...
wow, i wasn't serious you jackass, go have sex and let off some steam
Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

iw as at a place that had a trespassing speaker and when it picked u up on motion it was like leave within 15seconds or police will be notified... u can always do cameras and put signs up at the end of your driveway... that would work well, spot lights are always good. anyway to scare the ****ers away... put a car cover over it and duck tape it to a marked part of the tire that way u know if it was touched or not too... theres plenty of ways my imagination can come up with.. i live in amish country so theres no issues out here...
Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

s2k is pretty easy to steal.........a couple things you can do to "HELP" is obviously get an alarm......anything from DEI (viper, clifford). get the back up battery, hood and trunk pins, motion sensor (especially if its a convertable) and tilt sensor. the most important thing about the alarm is the install itself. if you can hide the alarm and wires as much as possible it will help with detering thieves. if anything try the auto-lock. you know that as seen on TV lock that locks the brake or clutch pedal.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
s2k is pretty easy to steal.........a couple things you can do to "HELP" is obviously get an alarm......anything from DEI (viper, clifford). get the back up battery, hood and trunk pins, motion sensor (especially if its a convertable) and tilt sensor. the most important thing about the alarm is the install itself. if you can hide the alarm and wires as much as possible it will help with detering thieves. if anything try the auto-lock. you know that as seen on TV lock that locks the brake or clutch pedal.

Yeah I already gave him the autolock off of my EVO
Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:42 PM

The EVO IX... dunno about the VIII has a kill switch built in. In the fuse box there's a yellow tab thing, just pull up on it and it won't start.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

OHHH GET LOJACK!!!!!! track his *** then take the cops and arrest him
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

my s2k was stolen, which was probably towed because you need a key for the ecu just like our evos. What i would worry more about is that if they jack the seats by cutting open the top. All you can do is get an alarm, use the auto lock and hope for the best.

Quick Reply: Preventing my EVO from getting stolen...bro's S2K almost got stolen last night