Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Winding Road: Z06 vs. Evo IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2006, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _007
This is typical American trash.... America is aloud to build cars without limits and then they act like a little man with big *****. Meaning they built the ***ing Vette with 7.2L V8 and ***ing 500 whp to compette with a 2.0L Evo that is not alond to enter US with over ***ing 280 hp max. Great country!!! right? Lets see them compare the C6 Z06 to my Evo I will play with the C6 Z06. The reason why I don't and never will like american cars is because America think they can do anything they want with any country. This is how it is Europe and Japan are the only nations that can build a car. America went to the Italians to build their so called Vette. I want to see a comparison of Zo6 and any FQ series. HahHHHAHA cars cars If anyone has a problem with what I said they can kiss my beautiful A$$...
ii don't think i will kiss your a#$ or anything like that but your statement is just wrong on every single level.

1) US could not care less about the HP of the evo. Japan is the one that had the agreemenet that cars will not have more than 280 hp (although that is over). for example, the subaru sti and many other JDm cars all made it to the US with more than 280.

2) mitsubishi can build cars with 7.2 L too but they know that they won't sell because most otther countries have high gas prices and prefer smaller engines.

3) i think that the higghlight of the z06 has alot to do with the way the car handle and the weight of the car. say what you want, the car has amazing brakes and fanttastic chassis. to me, the engine is just the frosting of the cake.

4) the decision of wheter or not to bring high performance cars to the US falls only on the manufactur and not on the US. it is up to subaru if they want to bring the WR special edition or not. the FQ mitsubishi is not here not because of the us but because it is a car that is build by and for mitsubishi of england.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 04:53 PM

the fact that they included the EVO in the comparisons along with the f430, viper, and carrera s speaks volumes about the evo. the fact that the evo has won so many awards from the automotive writers community shows. It just makes me feel good to have bought this car knowing that i got a kick a@# ride, and that i did not settle for less. laters pk
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

This is typical American trash.... America is aloud to build cars without limits and then they act like a little man with big *****. Meaning they built the ***ing Vette with 7.2L V8 and ***ing 500 whp to compette with a 2.0L Evo that is not alond to enter US with over ***ing 280 hp max. Great country!!! right? Lets see them compare the C6 Z06 to my Evo I will play with the C6 Z06. The reason why I don't and never will like american cars is because America think they can do anything they want with any country. This is how it is Europe and Japan are the only nations that can build a car. America went to the Italians to build their so called Vette. I want to see a comparison of Zo6 and any FQ series. HahHHHAHA cars cars If anyone has a problem with what I said they can kiss my beautiful A$$...

It sucks when people are jealous of a better car(C6 Z06). I could see a guy like you keying someone elses car if it is faster.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm suprised the Evo was even considered for that comparison.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I'm suprised the Evo was even considered for that comparison.
Why are you suprised? An evo has way better corning ability than a primitive Z06. This comparison was made because of the EVO's handling ability, not straightline performance.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Let's face it guys, the evo is awesome but the C6 Z06 is a domestic supercar. I handles and drives in the class with the likes of the Viper and Gallardo (not to mension the Ford GT). The evo is an awesome car, but as long as you stay below about 40k or so. Yes the FQ series are faster, but you have to do a full service on the engine every 5k miles. The vette could practically be a daily driver, if you dont need 4 seats. Generally imports rock the casbah, but this is American engineering at it's finest.

Remember guys, EVO's are f**ckin' fast, but ther're not supercars.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
Why are you suprised? An evo has way better corning ability than a primitive Z06. This comparison was made because of the EVO's handling ability, not straightline performance.
Because the Evo is less than half the price of any of the other cars.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:18 PM
Account Disabled

Japan does not need to build a 7L or more car to be fast and realiable. Once again iwould appreciate it if all the muscle car lovers would line up and really deaply kiss my A$$
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
Try searching on the new Z06, friend, there is not a part on that car that doesn't raise the bar on technology. Do you really thing they would put "primitive" suspension on a car w/ a titanium frame.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Japan does not need to build a 7L or more car to be fast and realiable. Once again iwould appreciate it if all the muscle car lovers would line up and really deaply kiss my A$$
Japan's high performance vehicle require more maintenance to run. Who has to do more work to maintain their car the 800hp vette or the 800hp evo. When you run large amounts of forced induction in an engine, it shortens the lifespan, period.

I'm not an import hater as my evo will be delivered within the week, but man, you got to take these cars for what they are.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:44 PM
Account Disabled

i suggest that you keep your immature comments to yourself because you really are starting to **** me off with your "blow me" and "kiss my a#$" comments. if you want to say something than say it without acting like a punk.

thanks

blonde

Last edited by blonde; Jan 26, 2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Happy Madison
http://www.windingroad.com/

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, "Winding Road" is a GREAT bi-monthly webzine that started up about a year ago. It's free to subscribe. The Evo VIII was #5 in their Top 50 cars of 2005 (the F430 was #1 and the STi was #11 iifc).

For the Jan/Feb '06 issue, they did a long writeup about the Z06 and compared it to the F430, Carrera S, Viper, and the Evo IX MR. This is what they said about the Evo:

"Huh? Compare the mighty Z06 to the pipsqueak Evo IX? Are we nuts? Sure we are, but remember that the prior generation Evo finished #5 in the Winding Road Top 50, just ahead of the C6 Corvette.

Driving the ZO6 and the Evo back to back is an eye opener to say the least. the first thing you learn is that getting the power down coming off a corner is one of the keys to going really quickly, and in that department, the Evo feels like it has it all over the Z06. The Evo's AWD and center diff, combined with responsive but not explosive power, mean that you can really launch the little Mitsubishi out of tight corners. And while the weight of the cars isn't far apart, the Evo feels much lighter and more agile, aided by really quick steering and firmer suspension settings.

On the street, there are times you'd swear the Evo accelerates faster. This is clearly an illusion brought about by the advent of big boost around 3200 rpm. A longer driving session reveals that the 2.0 liter motor really can't keep up, of course. More important than raw speed is the way the Z06 gives you the sense of complete ease during hard acceleration as if there were much more power available by simply dipping further into the throttle. For fun, you could call it a tossup but the Z06 is definitely more impressive in the way it goes about its business."
nice
Old Jan 26, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

you suck man. I seen lots of z06 that where tuned blow up and explode but not one single Evo. Hmmmmm let me see there are more Japanesse cars on the road tuned that are more powerfull then the ***ing Vette or other american crap, and they have close to 1 million miles on and they run like a watch. American cars suck after 50K. BLOWWWWW ME!!!
Where do you see lots of Z06's get blown up. They're 50-70 thousand dollars man (not a honda civic if you can keep up).

No car short of a commercial deisel engine ever gets anywhere near 1 million miles.

You would have to be an idiot not to notice how many EVO's on this forum get blown up weekly, and the EVO and DSM vehicle hardly have a stellar reliability record (though I would still say above average.)

I have personally seen dozens of Chevy truck last 250-300 thousand

Last but not least, you say tuned Japanese cars, there are few that could take on a stock C6 Z06 and fewer yet that could even touch a tuned corvette, tuning a car like that is not done in your garage.

Get your reverse racist head out of your @ss and look at the numbers.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Well if you take that little Z06 and add 150 shot, piggy back, fuel, and exhaust .... You have a car with easy mods that will run with "The FASTEST" Evos. These said Evos cost about the same or more than the '06 Z06. I refuse to hate on the Z06. I would love to have one.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by poormansracecar
Well if you take that little Z06 and add 150 shot, piggy back, fuel, and exhaust .... You have a car with easy mods that will run with "The FASTEST" Evos. These said Evos cost about the same or more than the '06 Z06. I refuse to hate on the Z06. I would love to have one.
Thank you!

Quick Reply: Winding Road: Z06 vs. Evo IX MR