Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Winding Road: Z06 vs. Evo IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2006, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hueman
it is, as long as it's got about 20k invested in it
don't forget the extra 20k to replace that unreliable engine every year
Old Jan 27, 2006, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by blonde
hmmm, its nice to know that the evo is an overweight pig... silly me, i was sure that 3130lbs for a car of this caliber is not alot but i guess i was wrong.... also, i don't see the 3rd gen rx7 having 500hp from the factory so i don't really understand your point... also, by your logic, all of the following cars are "pigs"

porsche 996tt : 3043
ferrari enzo : 3009
ford GT: 3400
lamborgini marchilago: 3638lbs!!!!

yep, you are right, the 3rd gen rx7 is way better than the above cars
996tt is around 3400
Old Jan 27, 2006, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

it's nice to see the evo getting that kind of respect when compared to the z06.

as a little side anecdote, i was on my way up to my friends cabin this summer, and passed a vette cruise. crappy older vettes, nothing special.

man, talk about burning angry looks from a pack of middle aged guys.

it's ok, eventually everyone will understand.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
hahahhahahhahhaha, you don't know what your talking about.

Z06 curb weight: 3130 lbs

3rd gen rx7 curb weight: 2826 lbs

s13 curb weight: 2699 lbs

The z06 is an overweight pig. There is a difference bettween "handles" versus "capability of being handled", and capability of the handler. Don't get me wrong, the Z06 is a beast of a car, but there is nothing special about it. Its powerful, and has rear wheel drive. Ummmm...there are like so many other rwd cars out there that are lighter and can be made to be just powerful with little financial effort. The EVO is also an overweight pig but at least it doesn't cost 70 grand.
you have horrible logic and make no sense. Please never post here again. Thankyou
Old Jan 27, 2006, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the link!
Old Jan 27, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

holy thread full of mis-information!
Old Jan 30, 2006, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry in my last post I was not trying to say the Evo was not the best bang for the buck. After all I drive one and it is the BEST car (fun factor) I have ever owned and maybe will be period. Z-06 is the best bang for the buck super car PERIOD !! Like everyone said before.... you can make anything fast with money. Unfortunatly we are talking about stock cars from the factory. If you want to have everything for the cheapest by a GSXR1000 for $10k and own anything someone can build for any price near that. Hell , I will build a shifter cart and put a 1000 cc motor in it for under $10k and pwon your Silvia drift king and tell you how much a road racing machine with a roof is ghetto..... Z-06 deserves ALOT of credit for what it is and the Evo deserves alot more for even being mentioned on the same page in a performance magazine.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by poormansracecar
Sorry in my last post I was not trying to say the Evo was not the best bang for the buck. After all I drive one and it is the BEST car (fun factor) I have ever owned and maybe will be period. Z-06 is the best bang for the buck super car PERIOD !! Like everyone said before.... you can make anything fast with money. Unfortunatly we are talking about stock cars from the factory. If you want to have everything for the cheapest by a GSXR1000 for $10k and own anything someone can build for any price near that. Hell , I will build a shifter cart and put a 1000 cc motor in it for under $10k and pwon your Silvia drift king and tell you how much a road racing machine with a roof is ghetto..... Z-06 deserves ALOT of credit for what it is and the Evo deserves alot more for even being mentioned on the same page in a performance magazine.
I completely agree with what was said here. Although I don't understand why everyone associates 240sx/silvia with drifting? The 240SX/s13/s14 is a pretty nasty road car that is actually a useful driving tool. Its not the car's fault that it is used to pointlessly shred tires around turns but anyways thats off topic.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

z06 +1
Old Feb 5, 2006, 02:25 PM

I own an Evo Mr and my friend has an Z06. Mondays we get off work at the same time and find owrself having more fun than two kids on a new playground. The first time we took off i was 3 cars ahead for 2 secs then he blew by at about 120mph.Yes the vet is faster on the strait, but when it comes to turning corners Im way better off with the EVO, he gets desperate and loses traction trying to keep up on the corner exits. On a sneaky roads the evo is a great performer, another point is to get the max of the vett you need to be a trained driver and be very good one. The evo is much more forgiving, you are able to adjust your line at midturn, try that with the vett and you will see the road bacoming very hostile. Is been more than six months my friend has modified his vett to the point that is difficult to keep up at any level, but the cost!!! the car $70k, suspension $10K, tires $2500.00, new Comp (ECU) $1500.00 gave him a better power curve and smother throtle, not the bruit that was at the first. well the car is unreal, but by the time he was done he spent more than buying 2 Evos one for daily driving and one for the track!!!with a stroker kit and 800whp!!!!if you look in goolgle videos there is one boosting 826WHPs!!!! My point is Yes the Vett is a Better Car, you PAY for what you get! but the Evo gives you much more for the money! that is call VALUE!!! another thing his vett has been to the dealer six times in six month, bad calipers, bad water pump, engine check, bad sensors, AC problems, all covered, but think, if you start with this now wait until the car has a some years under the hood.

To the Evo lovers The MR is KING
To the Vett lovers The Z06 is KING

It is and who is better driver.
If money is no object then buy a Vernom(bugati)V16, 4 turbos, 1000Hp!!
better driver? take classes!!
But this is my oppinion!!!!

BTW my brother owned the racing beat miata he was passing moded C5 at homestead, Fl. in 03. he kept the gas down all the way!!!!

Last edited by Piro; Feb 5, 2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just like that you add 1600 to an evo still pay half as much as a zo6 and hand it its hiny on the track
Old Feb 5, 2006, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Piro
I own an Evo Mr and my friend has an Z06. Mondays we get off work at the same time and find owrself having more fun than two kids on a new playground. The first time we took off i was 3 cars ahead for 2 secs then he blew by at about 120mph.Yes the vet is faster on the strait, but when it comes to turning corners Im way better off with the EVO, he gets desperate and loses traction trying to keep up on the corner exits. On a sneaky roads the evo is a great performer, another point is to get the max of the vett you need to be a trained driver and be very good one. The evo is much more forgiving, you are able to adjust your line at midturn, try that with the vett and you will see the road bacoming very hostile. Is been more than six months my friend has modified his vett to the point that is difficult to keep up at any level, but the cost!!! the car $70k, suspension $10K, tires $2500.00, new Comp (ECU) $1500.00 gave him a better power curve and smother throtle, not the bruit that was at the first. well the car is unreal, but by the time he was done he spent more than buying 2 Evos one for daily driving and one for the track!!!with a stroker kit and 800whp!!!!if you look in goolgle videos there is one boosting 826WHPs!!!! My point is Yes the Vett is a Better Car, you PAY for what you get! but the Evo gives you much more for the money! that is call VALUE!!! another thing his vett has been to the dealer six times in six month, bad calipers, bad water pump, engine check, bad sensors, AC problems, all covered, but think, if you start with this now wait until the car has a some years under the hood.

To the Evo lovers The MR is KING
To the Vett lovers The Z06 is KING

It is and who is better driver.
If money is no object then buy a Vernom(bugati)V16, 4 turbos, 1000Hp!!
better driver? take classes!!
But this is my oppinion!!!!

BTW my brother owned the racing beat miata he was passing moded C5 at homestead, Fl. in 03. he kept the gas down all the way!!!!

This is exactly what I've been trying to say the whole time. EVO=more performance/dollar
Old Feb 5, 2006, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I disagree.