Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much are you NJ/NY/CT guys paying for Evo 8 Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:00 PM

sucks but gotta make a living... hehehehe wish i was in cali tho....... the car scene out there is off the hook...
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

That's what I hear ... so, thinkin' of trading your beamer in for an evo or sti in the future?
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:05 PM

went to three dealers as soon as i saw 8,000 over sticker in freehold i walked out... then went to sea coast mitsu on route 35 and they had them for 10,000 over sticker and walked out and then went to bell south mitsu on route 35 and they had them for 3,000 over sticker... freaking rip offs... i am going out of state to buy mine's... picking it up next week.... at msrp.....
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:07 PM

nah keeping the bimmer and just buying the evo.... been waiting for that car to come over here for along time....
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Are you saying that a dealer out of your area quoted you retail? What color are you shooting for?
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:11 PM

nah going outta state of nj to buy... am getting apex silver with sun roof and wing.... no pit pass....
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Yea I waited about 6 months myself ... my Lightning was fun but frequent gas station visits and the fact that is only good for 1 thing (since I have nothing to haul except ***), and that's drag strip A-B speed, made me desire a tight handling sports sedan. The evo is also much lower insurance compared to a true sports car, at least according my insurance co since it considers it a sedan. I had my sights set on the evo & STi, but the STi's appearance just doesn't appeal to me as much, plus I like the evo's proven reliability, better gas mileage, and easier mod capability (so far).
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:19 PM

i love the price of the car for all the performance plus awd... need the awd in snow storms.... been driving my corolla to work in snow....
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Good 4 u ... I couldn't find one at retail anywhere close to my area. I probably should have tried to go a little further, but I got bit by the anxious bug once the car was in my face. Still didn't do that bad, compared to some people out there.

I have to ask ... have you heard anything about an ECU or chip upgrade availability yet? I know these things are detuned for U.S., and I've heard rumors of an easy upgrade but nothing firm.
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Good 4 u bud ... I couldn't find one at retail anywhere close to my area. I probably should have tried to go a little further, but I got bit by the anxious bug once the car was in my face. I also grabbed it as soon as it was delivered so I'm sure it didn't help my situation. Still didn't do that bad, compared to some people out there from what I hear.

I have to ask ... have you heard anything about an ECU or chip upgrade availability yet? I know these things are detuned for U.S., and I've heard rumors of an easy upgrade but nothing firm.
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:31 PM

nah not really... i am new to the mitsu scene... wish i could help you dude...
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Yea the evo will be great for that ... it rains a lot here so I benefit as well. Its nice to be able to light it up on wet pavement w/o spinning all over the place ... my Lightning couldn't hold a candle to it in adverse driving conditions. Have you driven one yet? If not, you are in for a nice treat my friend ... it is in fact all that and some! Still, a little slow for me right now although it is still quick for stock. Just be sure to give a good 500 miles or so before you evaluate the tranny (shifts). It tends to have a little trouble going in to certain gears easily when its either cold, or not fully
broken in, but once it hit 500 + miles, it became one of the smoothest shifting trannys I've experienced. Shifts are then quick, smooth, and precise ... leaving nothing to be desired in my opinion. Fuc* the 6 speed ... ya don't it - especially in City traffic!
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:35 PM

yeah i know i am getting the most bang for the buck right now... awd and all.... i am excited...
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

how much do you think insurance for me be? i'm 17 years old with a clean record.
Old Mar 28, 2003 | 08:37 PM

depends on where u live.... but mostly like 3 to 4 k... at least...

Quick Reply: How much are you NJ/NY/CT guys paying for Evo 8 Insurance?