Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Has anybody use the dual-filter or the pre-oil device for thier evo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2006, 04:19 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anybody use the dual-filter or the pre-oil device for thier evo?

I was looking over at the Amsoil website.. and saw thier dual-filter and
pre-charger setup for the car.. it seem pretty sweet.. but just not sure
where the hell can we put this stuff in our car... or anyone have any experience
with those devices ?

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/amk.aspx
Old Jan 26, 2006, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a similar style setup from Accusump in my DSM as you can see here on the far left side where the battery used to sit. http://downshiftpunk.com/dsm/92/engine.jpg . its a great unit, the accusump provides emergency oil pressure for if you were to lose oil pressure from your engine. and its also a preoiler, shoots oil thru before you start the car. You can see the units here http://www.accusump.com , I have the 1qt system on my Talon.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went ahead and bought the pre-oiler. Have not installed it yet. I am at about my third choice install position because there is so darn little room in the engine bay. As it looks now I will put it horizontal where the intercooler water tank was. I suppose you could put it in the passenger foot well on the firewall.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 06:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nothere
I went ahead and bought the pre-oiler. Have not installed it yet. I am at about my third choice install position because there is so darn little room in the engine bay. As it looks now I will put it horizontal where the intercooler water tank was. I suppose you could put it in the passenger foot well on the firewall.
hmm, yea , so hard to find room inside the engine bay, i would to have the dual filter put somewhere close where i don't have to lift my car to change that thing.. but guess it's really not possible :\