Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur stage 1 installed with pics

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2006, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I think many of you fail to realize is a few things:

1: Those are human-made welds and therefore will not be as precise as the robotic welds used on most asian-manufactured systems. This will also have ZERO bearing on the power output of the system.

2: It's an exhaust. It's not supposed to look a certain way aside from the tip/exit. The quality of the welds on your exhaust isn't going to win you a car shows if that's your goal.

3: No one has ever complained about issues stemming from the welds of Buschur's exhaust. Unless there is some problem to be heard of, there's no use complaining about it.

4: Pictures are deceiving. Just because there is a lot of discoloration of the metal, doesn't mean the welds are inferior. In fact, in picture #4, the welds are quite nice and thick, but because of the discoloration, you all assume it's garbage. C'mon!
Old Jan 27, 2006, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

All I can say is that the exhaust performs wonderful. There are no leaks, and nothing has fallen off the car, so the welds must be pretty decent.

I picked this exhaust for the performance. It is lightweight and free flowing. Sure I could have spent 1200 on some fancy HKS piece, but why waste money on something because of the name? Hell, who is gonna look under the car to see it anyways?

Like I said before the ONLY gripe I had was the close fitament to the transmission. It does not rub or rattle now, and some motor mount inserts should ensure that it never does. I can not be happier. Personally I feel that the two best exhausts for an Evo are the Buschur unit and Megan Racing. Anything else and you are pissing your money away.

Just my opinion.

Girlie
Old Jan 27, 2006, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wrong forum , but nice pics
Old Jan 27, 2006, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

The Buschur exhaust ain't pretty, but it performs awesome!
Old Jan 27, 2006, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

i know i didint get it for the way it looks
Old Jan 27, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
Well I guess whoever buys them doesn't have a problem with the way it looks, and certainly not with the way it performs. Poor Girlie... just wanted to show off her new toys...
Razorlab has a nasty happy of taking every opportunity to bash Dynoflash, Buschur, and myself for whatever reason. He seems to be very bitter and jaded for some reason. As if the welds on the muffler tip have any bearing on anything in life. An exhaust is for power and weight savings. Girlie got both, yet all this guy cares about is hand-made welds? Weirdo...

Also, I'm not sure what the "15 years" comment is supposed to mean, but it indicates that he's been this resentful for a long time, I guess, and for no legitimate reason.

Congrats, Girlie!
Old Jan 27, 2006, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

i would congratulate you on your good taste, but my ego is still shot from our last encounter...lol

just joking, nice upgrades and exhaust, i like how it doesnt have the coffee can look to it, you cant go wrong with buschur
Old Jan 27, 2006, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by i11matticc
i would congratulate you on your good taste, but my ego is still shot from our last encounter...lol

just joking, nice upgrades and exhaust, i like how it doesnt have the coffee can look to it, you cant go wrong with buschur
no hard feelings at all

I like the suttle look also. Not flashy, doesn't scream for attention.

Girlie
Old Jan 27, 2006, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

i ordered the same stage one kit, just hoping i can get the tip to fit with the jdm9 rear bumper.

waiting on the post for a sound clip and what kind of performance gain

nice choice by the way i have a rally red rs
Old Jan 27, 2006, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Can't comment on the jdm IX bumper. However on my stock IX bumper, it did not line up right in the back (at least the way I thought it should).

It was an easy fix though. Basically, we cut about 2 inches off the piping (from the cat back), drilled a new hole about 1 inch lower or so in the muffler hanger and installed. You can see in the pic it is not perfet with the angle, but pretty darn close. I just figured that it was the difference of the VIII and IX bumper cutouts. No biggie though. It would have worked and fit pretty good as it was, I just wanted to have it this particular way (not much sticking out of the bumper).

As for performance.... butt dyno says Will have dyno numbers next weekend.

Girlie
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon

Also, I'm not sure what the "15 years" comment is supposed to mean, but it indicates that he's been this resentful for a long time, I guess, and for no legitimate reason.
15 years is how long Buschur has been doing this. Actually I think about 17 years but I just rounded it off.

I just mentioned the welds, I didn't say anything about the performance, value, or anything else.

Last edited by razorlab; Jan 27, 2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike@Forge
What I think many of you fail to realize is a few things:

1: Those are human-made welds and therefore will not be as precise as the robotic welds used on most asian-manufactured systems. This will also have ZERO bearing on the power output of the system.

2: It's an exhaust. It's not supposed to look a certain way aside from the tip/exit. The quality of the welds on your exhaust isn't going to win you a car shows if that's your goal.

3: No one has ever complained about issues stemming from the welds of Buschur's exhaust. Unless there is some problem to be heard of, there's no use complaining about it.

4: Pictures are deceiving. Just because there is a lot of discoloration of the metal, doesn't mean the welds are inferior. In fact, in picture #4, the welds are quite nice and thick, but because of the discoloration, you all assume it's garbage. C'mon!
No doubt the exhaust performs well since Magnaflow does make great mufflers and they have been proven, but those welds are not suppose to look like that. It would have been much nicer to also just use 1 j bend and cut it at the angle necessary for the end instead of 2 pieces of metal that form a sharp angle at the end piece that leads to the tip. No need to be a bandwagoner and defend whoever produced it.. This is a public forum and this is just constructive criticism, which in turn sometimes makes a product better in the future. Maybe the welder layed a bad bead who knows no one is perfect, but it is still not a pretty welding. When someone is driving behind you it can actually be seen. Understandable if under the middle of car, but it is in the back it should count more.

You obviously havent seen much hand welding, but good welders are pretty precise, not like a robot of course, but still precise.

Tony1 of honda-tech

Just trying to prove that manmade welds can be almost as good as regular welds with these pics. Remember only constructive criticism so don't get offensive
Old Jan 27, 2006, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
The welds are poor, the exhaust is not stainless steel and it is made of sections welded together. I prefer the one piece exhaust mid section and one piece rear section.

You can find better quality and cheaper at the same time. The Invidia that I have was $389 (cheaper than the Buschur), has way better look and welds, is fully stainless steel, weighs 18 lbs (almost as light as the Buschur) and has a stock size tip that does not look tacked on like the one on the Buschur

No one is commenting on the power.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 07:31 PM
Account Disabled

Nor is that the Magnaflow Muffler.Possible the welds look that way due to the fairly "New to Buschur" Welder,just a guess though?????
Old Feb 22, 2006, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Either way I'm not a fabricator but my brother is one hell of one and he would be ashamed to put out something that looks like that! Just ugly.

Even by hand there is no excuse for a weld looking like a bird **** on it. Heck I have welded things that I would be more proud of.

Don't get me wrong looks like his stuff works DAMNED well but it should look a little more than hey I just fabed this up let's see how it works.

A finished product should look better than that in my opinion.