Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ATTN Vishnu -- Ethanol Tuning

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATTN Vishnu -- Ethanol Tuning

SO I just picked up the paper yesterday and have learned that there will be many ethanol gas stations in Ft. Collins, CO where I live, they say by the end of the year latest. I have done some searching on the subject and here is where I'm at.

-- The Fuel Pump and Injectors need to be upgraded to run ethanol (will that hurt my fuel economy when I use regular gas?)

-- Is tuning for Ethanol a possibility for you?

-- The remaining parts of our fuel system should be e85 compliant, correct?

I don't know if anybody has actually accomplished this yet but I am seriously seriously considering this.

How much boost could I run on e85?

I hate the 91 crap-tane they sell here in CO..... I would love to be able to swith from a 91 octane map to an ethanol map, since I would more often than not have ethanol in the tank, unless its a long road trip somewhere.

Also, If I run a tank of ethanol and then need to fill up w/ regular gas is that going to harm anything by having more ethanol mixed with the gas than usual?

SOrry for so many questionsm I don't want a broken car!
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good questions, but you might want to post on the Vishnu forums to get a quicker response from Shiv.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mods you can close this thread, I posted it in the Vishnu forum.... thx