Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stock CD Player

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2006 | 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Stock CD Player

Will a aftermarket cd player hook right up after removing the stock one? We got the old one out, and plugged in is a big plug for the infinity amp. What needs to be done to get an aftermarket one to plug in?

Yes, I did search. I found a How To.. but it doesn't discuss this. It just explains how to get the old one out, and the new one it. No detail on wiring and stuff.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2006 | 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?request=product.details&categoryid=187&p roductid=3

I dont have the SSL package so i dont have the amp and sub combo in my car but all i had to do was go buy a harness which you would need to do to make the install plug and play pretty much. But in your situation you have to get a different type plug and i heard you have to get your speakers re-wired. I dont know the truth to that because it doesn't seem very likely to me. I would think you should just be able to buy the plugs/harnesses you need and go to town. Anyways, here is the link to get the plug you need. Good luck.
Old Jan 28, 2006 | 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

the stock unit has a wiring harness to adapt to aftermarket head units, but you wont be able to run the stock amp and sub without some modifications and it also depends on if the amp and subs are active or passive compared to the head unit(I dont have SSL)! All you have to do if it is run a remote turn on lead wire from the head unit to the amp, a power and ground to the amp, and an audio signal to the sub from the amp, as well as a power and ground for the amp!
Old Jan 28, 2006 | 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Wow... Mitsu makes everything so damn complicated. Some buddies and I were installing my boost gauge real late last night, and we were an hour to and hour and a half into it, and everything was so complicated to get to, and what not.. compared to other cars. We ended up not finishing, we just put everything back together.. and said we'll do it another time :S....
Old Jan 29, 2006 | 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Its not complicated... When I changed my CD player, I searched and found the correct info. Anyways, all you need is the "mitah" adapter. Search ebay for MITAH and then you'll be all set!
Old Jan 29, 2006 | 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

oh and a boost gauge is an easy install too... now sure why you are having so much trouble?? maybe you should let a "pro" handle it....