Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8 MR Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2006, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this one
Old Feb 12, 2006, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

i have a brand new, never used oem (yakima) roof rack for the evo i want to sell. pm me if you're interested.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by evo8rcr
Yeah, well "evo8rcr"...I can pretty well assure you that your tagline quote at the bottom of your message is completely accurate. You are a f%#@% retard.

Gee...let's see...you've been around for about 6 months and you're mister master of the boards here. Yeah. So you must think I didn't do a search first. Poor you...you don't have too many brain cells to share with others. Let me give you a little tip....STFU. Yeah, I did a search. Couple of them in fact. Read a whole bunch of crap which never said which Yakima rack fit our evo....No doubt it's findable; I just didn't find it with some searching. I'll bet you could go and find it, right? So why don't you go show us how smart you are and go find it for me you little peon. And when you do, you can really show us all how smart you are and post it up here. I promise I'll take it as an insult and not just appreciate that you were dumb enough to go do that for me.

Last edited by MyCre8n=Evlshn; Feb 13, 2006 at 02:11 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe it's just me, but a roof rack on the Evo doesn't seem right.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

So there's this really awesome thing that Al Gore invented in the early 1990's called the internet. You can find almost anything on it. Many companies have websites, one of these companies is called Yakima and has this thing where you tell it what kind of car you have and it tells you EXACTLY what to order. Genius!
Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by nsnguyen
So there's this really awesome thing that Al Gore invented in the early 1990's called the internet. You can find almost anything on it. Many companies have websites, one of these companies is called Yakima and has this thing where you tell it what kind of car you have and it tells you EXACTLY what to order. Genius!
Well, great....another Master of the obvious. Here's a link to the Yakima web site where you select the make and model of your car.

http://www.yakima.com/Consumer/Step1.aspx

It doesn't have an option for "Evolution" ...just Lancer. So go figure I ask a bunch of Evo enthusiasts which rack fits. Yeah, I bet I could call the company too, but it used to be that we'd help each other out. Yeah, you're a friggin genius....there's your link... Again, if you don't have something useful to say: STFU eh?
Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Try 2005 Lancer, genius. It's the same roof. I would link you but the site doesn't let you link to results.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by nsnguyen
Try 2005 Lancer, genius. It's the same roof. I would link you but the site doesn't let you link to results.
You see....now there's some useful tidbit...that it's THE SAME ROOF!!!
That could be a little bit of useful information that you left out with your OH SO HELPFUL last post. I guess it's just a matter of brainpower then to know that a Lancer and a Lancer Evo have the same roof. Since, uh, I guess there's soooooo much else that's identical between the two, right

Oh yeah...and as long as we're on each other pointing out that we haven't done our homework...there's this thing called READING THE PREVIOUS PAGE OF THIS THREAD where I wrote:

"I went on a couple of Yakima sites and they specify Lancer but not Lancer Evo (same size? same rack?) Thanks guys."

That would be where you MIGHT INTUIT that I was asking that EXACT question. Damn it always amazes me how people jump to calling each other stupid on here when a simple sentence would offer all the help needed.

Last edited by MyCre8n=Evlshn; Mar 9, 2006 at 03:29 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
al gore did NOT invent the internet!

Last edited by evolution9; Mar 12, 2006 at 11:06 PM.