Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I can't find an Evo IX anywhere....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2006, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How far are you from Omaha Nebraska? There's a graphite grey IX MR brand new sitting at Metro Mitsubishi, and I believe they would be amenable to a dealer trade.

http://www.metromitsubishi.com/
Old Feb 2, 2006, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO X Owner-2-B
Hi. I also live in OKC and was in the same situation as you - no Evos around locally. As a matter of fact, the three Mitsu dealers in the OKC Metro can't even get a IX, as they weren't allocated any, nor will any outside dealer trade with them because the dealer that has the Evo would rather sell it to you. That and the fact that any other Mitsu or Mitsus are not worth trading for an Evo - so the dealers feel.

North Texas is probably your best bet. As a matter of fact, check this out ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...QQcmdZViewItem ... This is a decently priced example - and a good tool for the bargaining table. I personally wouldn't want this particular car because it has too many test driven miles on it.

I ended up driving 600 miles to San Marcos, Texas, which is just north of San Antonio. I made a weekend out of it.

I'm willing to help you out with this further if you are in fact serious about getting an Evo.

It's funny. It really does feel like I have the only IX in Oklahoma. I've yet to see another.
Sweet. I'd love to see you're car. I am very interested in getting one. I just have to sell my STi first.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nubby
How far are you from Omaha Nebraska? There's a graphite grey IX MR brand new sitting at Metro Mitsubishi, and I believe they would be amenable to a dealer trade.

2 states south of you.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by coffeeslug
You can always order one from any dealer. I'm sure they could get you one in a couple of weeks even if they don't have one on the lot.
They want to charge me out the a for one though.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 03:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2theMAX
Sweet. I'd love to see you're car. I am very interested in getting one. I just have to sell my STi first.
I'll let you drive my Evo if you let me drive your STi. Fair enough? No abusing, I promise. Send me a PM and we can coordinate some kind of meeting.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Pm me for a great deal on an EVO not to far from you!

Best regards,
Old Feb 3, 2006, 11:28 AM

have not seen any here in nc yet so good luck
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:49 AM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by nubby

Back from the dead for the thread...What is metro like to deal with? I am looking for a south coast'ish style of deal but paying what about shipping would cost. Thinking around invoice + destination on a ix mr. From what I can tell they have one on their lot right now by looking online. I know it is kind of pointless to ask this stuff in a forum when i could just call but they are about 2.5-3 hours from me and will not be ready until I sell one of my cars that is in auto trader now. I plan on taking a crack at the local dealers to see what kind of deal I can work first. Problem is, similar to this thread not a single one (of the whooping 3 in Kansas City) has ANY ix on the lot. I have checked periodically online and in person, then last week I see a brandy new GG ix mr with 30 day tags on it from a local dealer. I also have a feeling that some dealers may not be to hip to me using my credit union for the loan and not mitsu credit, since this cuts some pretty hefty profit out of the deal for them. Sorry for the long post but I was just curious to see if any one has dealt with metro and what they are like. Thanks in advance for any assistance, hoping to join the evo owners club soon.