Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I can't find an Evo IX anywhere....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't find an Evo IX anywhere....

Hey. I live in Oklahoma and have called every dealer around here with no luck. I am looking for an MR. Any help with the best place to go? Who has them? Best prices? Thanks. This is my first post btw, I am in the process of selling my STi. Hopefully for the better..... THe only thing is, I can't drive an Evo since there aren't any around.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

I know this may not help much but Prestige Mitsubishi in Turnersville, NJ has a white IX MR. When I bought my IX they had to pick it up from Massachussets because there were only 3 black base IX's in a region from Maine down to Maryland and out to Pittsburgh. 2 got sold on the same day that I bought mine and I got the last one that was available. My dad talked to a salesman at a dealership near Atlantic City, NJ that had a black IX w/ SSL package. From what the manager was telling me when I got my car, I think they are just about done building IX's. I hope he was wrong so that you can get your car. you will love it. good luck
Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2theMAX
Hey. I live in Oklahoma and have called every dealer around here with no luck. I am looking for an MR. Any help with the best place to go? Who has them? Best prices? Thanks. This is my first post btw, I am in the process of selling my STi. Hopefully for the better..... THe only thing is, I can't drive an Evo since there aren't any around.
joe can help you find an evo
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...p?userid=17801
Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jakeg97
Interesting.

We have a graphite MR IX on the lot right now as well as 3 other regular IXs. You would have to come to Scottsdale to pick it up or we can ship it, but you wouldn't be able to drive it of course. If you want to warm up here in AZ and you fly down, you can of course drive it before you buy it. I'm not sure what I can sell it for, but if you are interested in it I will definately find out for you. (I am a finance manager, not in sales so price doesn't effect me.) May even be able to work out something where we pay for the plane ticket down here as I have done things like that before.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

They are all over the place here in Cali
Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Buy one on-line and have it shipped to a dealer ln your area.
A friend of mine was getting jerked around by a Jeep / Mitsu / Chrysler dealer here in NJ.
He picked, financed, and insured the car on-line. He had the car shipped to the dealer that was jerking him around. When I took him over to pick it up, he was telling all the people looking at car how much money he saved doing it that way.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

goto 's website, do a dealer locate using your zipcode to expand out. that is how i find people cars, OR if you wish, pm me with how much u want to pay, color choices (2 min.) & how far u can travel & i will get you a car.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...4&page=1&pp=15

top deals, top service
Old Feb 2, 2006, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Jakeg97]joe can help you find an evo
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/member.php?userid=17801[/QUOTE]

+1
Old Feb 2, 2006, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you're local dealer shouldn't have a problem getting one for you, when i bought mine last year, MR's were scarce and my dealer had one brought in from out of state. ther's a GG and RR IX MR up here in PA as well. york mitsu.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

I am selling my silver MR IX with 200 miles on it if you are interested. Please see my post in the for sale section. I am in CO BTW.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

My second Evo was also sourced for me at no charge,hell the even knocked off 3k. Best of luck!
Old Feb 2, 2006, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pharmd98
I am selling my silver MR IX with 200 miles on it if you are interested. Please see my post in the for sale section. I am in CO BTW.
good deal as well.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2theMAX
Hi. I also live in OKC and was in the same situation as you - no Evos around locally. As a matter of fact, the three Mitsu dealers in the OKC Metro can't even get a IX, as they weren't allocated any, nor will any outside dealer trade with them because the dealer that has the Evo would rather sell it to you. That and the fact that any other Mitsu or Mitsus are not worth trading for an Evo - so the dealers feel.

North Texas is probably your best bet. As a matter of fact, check this out ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...QQcmdZViewItem ... This is a decently priced example - and a good tool for the bargaining table. I personally wouldn't want this particular car because it has too many test driven miles on it.

I ended up driving 600 miles to San Marcos, Texas, which is just north of San Antonio. I made a weekend out of it.

I'm willing to help you out with this further if you are in fact serious about getting an Evo.

It's funny. It really does feel like I have the only IX in Oklahoma. I've yet to see another.

Last edited by EVO X Owner-2-B; Feb 2, 2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

You can always order one from any dealer. I'm sure they could get you one in a couple of weeks even if they don't have one on the lot.