Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8....Next WRX?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2006, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, evo 8s aren't being made any more are they? so i wouldn't worry about them being everywhere like civics or wrxs... and not everyone sells their evo after two or three years.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'm pretty much the epitome of what you're talking about. Got my WRX used for $17.4 almost two years ago and am planning on selling it and buying a used Evo this summer (or sooner if I can get a good deal and get my act together while I'm at school.) I'm 19.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 03:32 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Give it a couple of years, Evos will be cheaper and there will be more younger Evo drivers. It's inevitable especially with a car that appeals to a younger market.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The evos are holding their value pretty good. Even if they can afford the car, the cost of maintenance and insurance will push the ricers away from it.....
Old Feb 2, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rnm
I'm over 21 and I am paying alot still. Allstate is raping me about $300 a month, but I can afford it.
Damn, I'm only 20 and play a smidge under $200/month.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IndyClint
so more people who actually deserve the car will have it? and this is bad ??

Are you saying a 16 year old kid whos first car is a 270hp car that is about as fast as a corvette deserve's a car like that. Or all those kids that have been driving a 16 sec honda all of the sudden can own a car that runs low 13 stock...

Im confused how can a person like that deserve a car like this. Its just as bad as a 16 year old getting a street bike. They are most likely gonna kill themselves or someone else.

All everyone is saying is the car will be cheap enough for stupid people to buy and kill everyone else with.....

So yes its bad!!!!
Old Feb 2, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

I am only 19 and i know this might not be the most appreciated comment by some.

I think you shouldn´t be allowed to buy a car with X hp until you have had your licence for X time.

I am currently looking for an Evo but I know now that I am mature enough to have a car like this. I know my limits and have no intentions of trying to pass them. If I had had the money to get a 270hp monster when I got my drivers licence, I´d be dead for sure. Drove like an IDIOT! day I got the licence I put my corolla g6 up to 140. and we have no highways in Iceland. I am not sure if you understand the insanity of driving like that on an Icelandic road.

As for now, I just lost a very close relative, lost controll and went of a cliff, into the sea. He was the same age as me. We grew up together and that accident made me think in a whole different way. I drive fast and hard occationally but never wreclessly.

Guess what I am trying to say is, drive smart.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

It's not that there are going to be MORE Evos, it's just that the demographic is going to shift...
Old Feb 2, 2006, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by racerhead2
Was thinking about the price of used Evos. 03s are going for low to mid 20s with higher mileage.
Sure hope it doesn't turn into the next WRX, where all the younger kids who can't afford the car when they were new. They are driving them cuz they are cheap or cheaper as time goes. i.e. the Honda 'ricers' (not being racist.....)

I don't have a good feeling about this, I can see alot of accidents that will happen due to recklessness or can't handle the power. (of course not all young kids can't drive) thus driving the insurance up for everyone.

Just a thought....
its already been happening ....
Old Feb 2, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Asgeir Logi
I am only 19 and i know this might not be the most appreciated comment by some.

I think you shouldn´t be allowed to buy a car with X hp until you have had your licence for X time.

I am currently looking for an Evo but I know now that I am mature enough to have a car like this. I know my limits and have no intentions of trying to pass them. If I had had the money to get a 270hp monster when I got my drivers licence, I´d be dead for sure. Drove like an IDIOT! day I got the licence I put my corolla g6 up to 140. and we have no highways in Iceland. I am not sure if you understand the insanity of driving like that on an Icelandic road.

As for now, I just lost a very close relative, lost controll and went of a cliff, into the sea. He was the same age as me. We grew up together and that accident made me think in a whole different way. I drive fast and hard occationally but never wreclessly.

Guess what I am trying to say is, drive smart.
Like everyone is saying, not alot of 19 yr old are as mature or responsible.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lvNVevo
Are you saying a 16 year old kid whos first car is a 270hp car that is about as fast as a corvette deserve's a car like that. Or all those kids that have been driving a 16 sec honda all of the sudden can own a car that runs low 13 stock...

Im confused how can a person like that deserve a car like this. Its just as bad as a 16 year old getting a street bike. They are most likely gonna kill themselves or someone else.

All everyone is saying is the car will be cheap enough for stupid people to buy and kill everyone else with.....

So yes its bad!!!!
I'm 19 own and pay for my own evo and don't think is cool that you are saying that someone doesn't deserve this car regardless of the age. Why do you or anyone else think that they are so special. I bought a R6 when I first turned 16 and didnt hurt anyone or kill myself. I bet you there are a lot of younger kids out there that know how to drive better then what you are trying to make "teenage drivers" out to be. As far as "stupid people" will be able to afford it I don't really understand where your coming from, a teen will not be able to afford an evo unless they make good money and if they are making good enough money as a teen I would be considering them smart.Don't people continue with education to make more money in long run? Everyone saying that there are evos poping up everywhere who cares it is a great car and every evo owner beforre you bought your car could say the same thing about you because they had the car before you. Basicly I just think that was very ignorant comments on your part and you should learn to respect people for who they are and not how old they are.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FresnoEVO
too bad those who can barely afford to buy a used '03 don't remember to budget for a new clutch, set of tires, and brake pads.
TELL ME about it 20,975 W/Tax Car had 42XXX Miles on it. Clutch = 1000 bucks, Rotors & Pads 450 bucks and the them damn oil changes every 2-2500 miles!
Oh BTW Im 20, In College, paying Note & insurance but thank God I play music!
Old Feb 2, 2006, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lvNVevo

So yes its bad!!!!
Dude WTF are you talking about? Some 15years own 10SEC streetbikes and have been doing well, still alive, havent totalled the bike.
I went from a 15sec VW to an EVO I was 19... SO WHAT age doesnt have to do with it. HELL There some 16 years that are more responible driving than some 21-23 year olds.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by WickedWhiteRS
I'm 19 own and pay for my own evo and don't think is cool that you are saying that someone doesn't deserve this car regardless of the age. Why do you or anyone else think that they are so special. I bought a R6 when I first turned 16 and didnt hurt anyone or kill myself. I bet you there are a lot of younger kids out there that know how to drive better then what you are trying to make "teenage drivers" out to be. As far as "stupid people" will be able to afford it I don't really understand where your coming from, a teen will not be able to afford an evo unless they make good money and if they are making good enough money as a teen I would be considering them smart.Don't people continue with education to make more money in long run? Everyone saying that there are evos poping up everywhere who cares it is a great car and every evo owner beforre you bought your car could say the same thing about you because they had the car before you. Basicly I just think that was very ignorant comments on your part and you should learn to respect people for who they are and not how old they are.
Wait a few years, re-read this thread, and let us know how you feel then. Age is a much bigger deal than you would like to believe, I was there once. And age isn't the only factor, it's experience.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:04 PM
Ike
Evolving Member

I still don't get the next WRX comment. In my area WRXs are usually nicely modded (no rice) or left stock and have older drivers.

Quick Reply: Evo 8....Next WRX?