Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8....Next WRX?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Used Subarus WRX Imprezas can now be found for anywhere from $9500 and up with high mileage. I wouldn't even dear to buy a WRX knowing how fragile their tranny are.

On the other note, the Evos are holding their values higher. I rather have a SRT-4 than a WRX. I spent too much money trying to make my WRX fast and I never achieved that point, at least the SRT-4 can make serious power and all you need is some decent tires.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, you wont notice it much really, same happends with like mustang cobras and vettes and all those, but yea
Old Feb 3, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Wait a few years, re-read this thread, and let us know how you feel then. Age is a much bigger deal than you would like to believe, I was there once. And age isn't the only factor, it's experience.
Ok then I guess you are just a flat out retard, I am trying to make a point that not every teenager doesn't know how to drive. I bet you anything that I am a better driver then you because I know what happens, I seen friends die, I been hit by stupid drivers and I don't think that you older guys can sit here and disrespect good drivers that are younger.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

had a wrx when the first came out when i was 16, never got into an accident then got the vr6 modded it never got into an accident and now im 21 got the evo never got into an accident. Iv never been in accident period. This forum is all about putting down younger drivers, granted iv had friends die in car accidents, but one was 17 and one was 33 (family friend). There are stupid drivers BUT THERE OF ALL AGES. Dont get mad just because a teenager can afford a car you wish you could have afforded at his age. I mean i get jealous when i see kids rolling in a brand new M3 and they dont even have peach fuss on their face, but hey who am i to say he going to wrap it around a tree he could be the next Montoya. Just my 02.

Last edited by AutobonEvo; Feb 3, 2006 at 07:44 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by WickedWhiteRS
Ok then I guess you are just a flat out retard, I am trying to make a point that not every teenager doesn't know how to drive. I bet you anything that I am a better driver then you because I know what happens, I seen friends die, I been hit by stupid drivers and I don't think that you older guys can sit here and disrespect good drivers that are younger.
Relax kid. How am I a "flat out retard?" Did I say anything disrespectful? Nope. You did though. All I said was that you're still young. I never even said anything about driving skills or that younger drivers are better or worse. All I said was that the perspective changes with time. And you think just because you've seen friends die and get hit by stupid drivers means that you're experienced? And don't be disrespectful ever again, especially not on the internet because that's both uncalled for and pretty pathetic, not to mention immature. You jumped the gun and I didn't even say anything questioning your skills. And only when younger people start yapping off like that is when we start to dismiss any argument you make.

Oh, and you "bet anything" than you are a better driver than me? Now who's judging? You don't know a single thing about me, and you're already assessing my driving skills all the way from the East Coast. REAL mature of you, buddy. And based on your argument, you're a better driver than me just because you "know what happens, seen friends die, been hit by stupid drivers"? That doesn't mean anything when it comes to actual driving skills. All that says to me is that you've witnessed some of the misfortunes of less skilled drivers. Big deal. That doesn't make you a good one. I think you just proved to a lot of people on this board how you really are as immature as some people make you out to be. Now have a good day at school.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutobonEvo
had a wrx when the first came out when i was 16, never got into an accident then got the vr6 modded it never got into an accident and now im 21 got the evo never got into an accident. Iv never been in accident period. This forum is all about putting down younger drivers, granted iv had friends die in car accidents, but one was 17 and one was 33 (family friend). There are stupid drivers BUT THERE OF ALL AGES. Dont get mad just because a teenager can afford a car you wish you could have afforded at his age. I mean i get jealous when i see kids rolling in a brand new M3 and they dont even have peach fuss on their face, but hey who am i to say he going to wrap it around a tree he could be the next Montoya. Just my 02.
I agree with you, I am an older driver. Age has very little to do with skill you got it or you don't. It comes down to hand eye coordination and reflexes. Anyone that has grown up around fast car's has seen people die as well as having a few close calls along the way. I think peoples view of young drivers on this forum comes from the few stupid ones. They crash there car's driven stupid then start threads bragging about it.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Age doesn't play much of factor, the type of person behind the wheel does. I've been around fast cars ever since I was 16 and learn how to appreciate a car.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rnm
I'm over 21 and I am paying alot still. Allstate is raping me about $300 a month, but I can afford it.

Go to progressive dude.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WickedWhiteRS
thanks for confirming the stereotype. you sound just as stupid and immature as everyone expects you to be.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

turbo meg i agree and hawjdude i agree......
Old Feb 3, 2006, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

I'm perfectly relaxed, your older and "you know it all" lets just leave it at that. But do you know anything about driving in snow ? My point is don't put down people that learn how to make money at a young age and can AFFORD nice things. I am sorry for my comments I just don't understand how you can talk about being not mature with name like that on this board, then leaving something like "Have a good day in school." I am going to college for business law and by the time I am out I will be driving something even nicer and deep down I believe that makes you mad! but whatever you don't know me and I don't know you and I leave it at that, when we both have different prespectives on life.

Last edited by WickedWhiteRS; Feb 3, 2006 at 08:58 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 09:09 AM

I'm 24...

Now, I probably could have handled a fast car as soon as I started driving, but that's just my personality. Like people have previously stated, the type of person that you are will determine your ability to assess risks and use good judgment.

The only argument that I'd be willing to back is that you will genuinely appreciate a nicer car later on if you work your way up from a beater. I'm still working my way towards that Evo!

I'm not the grammar police, but please read over your posts when trying to validate your maturity. Your credibility is at stake .

Drive safely everyone.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

if you all didn't notice its already happening, man when i first bought an Evo back in early '03 i never saw them on the road....now i see Evo's all over the place. Ever since the '03 came down in price everyone is buying one!
Old Feb 3, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

For all you young kids out there here are some facts about young drivers out there. Yes a 16 year old is to young to drive a car like this.....http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...7/pageNumber=1....you cant argue with facts

Traffic accidents are the leading cause of death in people age 13 to 19. They account for roughly one-third of all fatalities in this age group.

People age 16 to 19 have the highest traffic-related fatality rate of any age group.

In 2001, teens made up 10 percent of the U.S. population, and were involved in 13 percent of motor vehicle deaths.

Traffic accidents are the leading cause of disability and spinal cord injuries among youth.

The younger the driver, the higher the risk. More teen fatalities occur when a 16 year-old is driving than when a person of any other age is at the wheel.

Last edited by lvNVevo; Feb 3, 2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

id like to see the "facts" on the cars they were driving. Most of em were probabaly **** boxes that helped cause the accidents.

Quick Reply: Evo 8....Next WRX?