Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8....Next WRX?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2006, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this happens with all car but as what was stated before the more evos on the road the cheaper parts will become
Old Feb 4, 2006, 01:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by WickedWhiteRS
That is exactly what I mean. You make it out like my parents pay for my stuff because I'm young. I am huge ***** then because I don't know about anyone else but I feel money is a huge part of life. More money means you have more time to do things you want and like= happiness. All I asked youu if you had ever driven in snow or knew how drive in it. I don't care any more we could go on like this for days and both prove nothing. I'm just trying to get some respect for being young, affording a car, and knowing my driving limits and where he is going in life. Not everyone young is dump when it comes to driving fast cars.
As much as I hate continuing this and going slightly off-topic, I must reply to this. At NO POINT did I ever even insinuate that your parents paid for stuff because you're young, so you really need to quit putting words in my mouth that I never said. I've never even said anything about your specific age. Search through all of my posts in this thread, word-for-word, rather than just skimming through it. The ONLY thing I ever said about age was that with age comes experience (which is true), and that perspective changes over time. And if you were really reading my posts (which I doubt you were), then you would've seen this in my last post:
Don't get me wrong, I respect the fact that you are working and are funding your car yourself as you claim
I don't mind giving respect to young drivers; I respect a lot of drivers, young or old. The only time when a problem arose here was when you started to completely misinterpret the intentions of each and every single one of my posts and twist my words.
To everyone else, sorry for going off on a tangent with this. I felt that some things just had to be said, and hopefully this will be the last of it.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rnm
I'm over 21 and I am paying alot still. Allstate is raping me about $300 a month, but I can afford it.
same here.... but i'm 23....

- Eddy
Old Feb 4, 2006, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Viciouslord
same here.... but i'm 23....

- Eddy
I am 26 and i am paying 320 a month. It sucks I guess it's a small premium to pay to have a car I love.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 09:03 AM

I heard all those autobon dudes sling crack and sell themselves to pay for there ****.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
I 25 and bought my evo used. Ive driven quick cars since Ive been 16. It was nice to have a stepdad (RIP Bill ) that taught me respect. Respect for cars, the road, and most of all respect for other people. No I dont think every immature teenager deserves a a fast *** car. But everyone of you were young at some point and I know you all had tricked 5.0's, GSX's, Talons etc.. Thats what they said about you then. Lifes too short man enjoy it.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Aux.
....it will simply drive the demand of the vehicle up and lower the overall price ....
Doood...break out that Econ 101 text book again and get back to us on this one.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by racerhead2
Was thinking about the price of used Evos. 03s are going for low to mid 20s with higher mileage.
Sure hope it doesn't turn into the next WRX, where all the younger kids who can't afford the car when they were new. They are driving them cuz they are cheap or cheaper as time goes. i.e. the Honda 'ricers' (not being racist.....)

I don't have a good feeling about this, I can see alot of accidents that will happen due to recklessness or can't handle the power. (of course not all young kids can't drive) thus driving the insurance up for everyone.

Just a thought....

Be more concerned about c5 corvettes. You can pick up a c5 for 20k and it is much more unforgiving in the hands of a noob. At least when a kid wrecks an Evo you can be sure they are an idiot as the car is near foolproof.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

ok, old man here....27
so everyone listen to what the over-the-hill guys have to say

first thing.
in all my years you would think i would get the "experience" to realize i shouldnt waste my time with this.....that being said......

second thing
you see more b/c they have been been imported for 3+ years. in 03 it had just started to be imported

third thing...
a mature 16-19 yr old would realize their limitations, that person would not be driving an evo. a mature 16 yr old would know that they shouldnt be playing with cars like the evo(even worse..camaros, ta, mustang) case in point, i had 3 tickets and one accident from 16-19. i was not mature. i have had none of the above since(i dont count the expired tag 3 days after my bday as a ticket) sorry guys but statistics show either younger drivers arent "experienced" or mature. that includeds up to 25(note insurance drop at 25)

fourth thing.....
there are immature 20-26 that dont realize their limitations. and there are 27 yr olds dont realize their limitations(see first comment). this would explain the 26 yr old with 300 a month insurance payments.

fifth thing.......
constantly look at what everyone else is doing(this works with all ages).....
this technique works well for me and thats why i have a distinct advantage over a few of you posting

MY INSURANCE IS 105 A MONTH FOR 100/300!!!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

i picked up my 03 evo VIII this month for 24,000 grand and it only had 10,558 miles on it. Ive always wanted one and could not afford to get one in 03. Now Im making more money and I got a killer deal on it(free oil changes for 2 years, after that I'll be doing em myself). Im 29 and pay a 150 dollars a month for insurance. Doesn't matter how old a driver is, I see people of all ages doing stupid **** while driving, or driving like an idiot. Statistics show younger drivers get in more accidents but that doesn't mean all young drivers will become a statistic.