Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Reason why not to buy a stroker motor, from just anyone!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
please either pm or post vendor so this doesnt happen again
Old Feb 3, 2006, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes the pump is still yours and you should get it back.

If he wronged you rate him bad as a seller on here and link to the story!
Old Feb 3, 2006, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dnace
yes the pump is still yours and you should get it back.

If he wronged you rate him bad as a seller on here and link to the story!
I will leave negative feedback and link this to it...thanks
Old Feb 3, 2006, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by talentsearch301
I will leave negative feedback and link this to it...thanks
94AWDcoupe is the member account.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 09:10 AM

who is this seller so we can all stay away
Old Feb 3, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

yah. i was wondering why there hasnt been any negative feedback left. get on that!
Old Feb 3, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

My only question is how come you have not left him feedback yet?
Old Feb 3, 2006, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Well, just my 2 cents, but this would be a reason for me not to SELL a stroker kit to just anyone... IMHO if you can't install a stroker motor, you have no business buying one. Most oil pumps that I've seen fail fail by seizing or leaking oil all over the place. Your situation sounds like someone didn't prime the pump, something rather common. I don't know the person you bought it from but I can totally understand his actions. If you bought something from a vendor, said it didn't work, and you sent it back and it did, they would at least charge you for shipping... This forum appears to be full of prima donnas who spend their time installing HK$ stickers to their rear wing while never actually touching a wrench.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05WhiteEVO8
My only question is how come you have not left him feedback yet?
Negative feedback was left for him....

I posted this first... just wanted to make sure everything was done by the book.

He's from your neck of the woods
Old Feb 3, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DrSmile
Well, just my 2 cents, but this would be a reason for me not to SELL a stroker kit to just anyone... IMHO if you can't install a stroker motor, you have no business buying one. Most oil pumps that I've seen fail fail by seizing or leaking oil all over the place. Your situation sounds like someone didn't prime the pump, something rather common. I don't know the person you bought it from but I can totally understand his actions. If you bought something from a vendor, said it didn't work, and you sent it back and it did, they would at least charge you for shipping... This forum appears to be full of prima donnas who spend their time installing HK$ stickers to their rear wing while never actually touching a wrench.

First off all if you read the thread in its entirety, you would see:

My reply:
If you want to post it on EvoM ...go ahead! I'm finished with the back and forth emails..."it works-no it doesnt-it works - no it doesnt" The pump was the reason there was no oil pressure = it doesnt work...of course if you can turn it with a drill it'll pump some oil. Did you put it on an engine and crank it to see if it creates the pressure needed?
But anyways send me your paypal address I'll send you the shipping, so you can return the pump.

Second if you read again... the block was shipped to the local perfomance shop for install...

cmon DrSmile if youre going to post something read first before you make assumptions

Last edited by talentsearch301; Feb 3, 2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

How does this justify the dude NOT SHIPPING HIM HIS OWN OIL PUMP BACK, WHICH HE PAID FOR?

Especially since he was going to pay for the shipping.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 11:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Regardless of whether someone knows to prime a pump or not, the pump is still his.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Trust me! these guys primed the pump!

(click on the square link!)
Not a pic of my car...this is their shop EVO

Last edited by talentsearch301; Feb 3, 2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know the person you bought it from but I can totally understand his actions. If you bought something from a vendor, said it didn't work, and you sent it back and it did, they would at least charge you for shipping... .
I'm not understanding your logic here...so if you bought something from a vendor that didn't work and returned to them you wouldn't expect to get a refund. It's fine to keep the shipping cost but when you pay for an item you should either have the item to keep or return for a refund, the poor guy here got neither one back. the seller just got a free pump, whether it works or not is not the point now. The buyer should still get his money or pump back to do what he pleases since he already paid for it. this just makes sense
Old Feb 3, 2006, 12:19 PM

This is the same story my friend from Tampa told me about this guy. He does shady things. I would STAY AWAY like the plague form anything he sells. I have read some stories from him on the local tampabaydsm board. Ask around beofre you spend 3k on a used motor. Who did the machine work on it? Where you provided receipts on the machine work done? I hope so .

Quick Reply: Reason why not to buy a stroker motor, from just anyone!