Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Reason why not to buy a stroker motor, from just anyone!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2006, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by talentsearch301
MyCre8n...thanks for the kind words trying to prove there is light at the end of the tunnel

BUT!
one: I asked for the refund he refused to send any payment and or the pump...as I stated i feel I should have at least had the pump returned since i paid for what the ad stated I was getting. He knows if I send the pics or the video of the condition of the pump, this will be a closed and shut case.

He stated that the statements were made out of anger! Then he must have been angry for the last couple of weeks! The responses were made over a period of 2-3 weeks. I gave him his time and space to think before he wrote/ and spoke. thats why i wrote I'm tired of the back and forth...just send the pump back...when he finally wrote back with the only reply "no he's keeping the pump for his motor" fhat was basically a shady wrong response ...basically a BIG FU response.

Knowingly that he wasnt refunding or going to return the pump...he said send it back so he can check it out!

Yes maybe I have a have a well built motor...

but maybe this pump was the reason that the engine failed, that he used the to build the motor.

All I did was ask for the refund for a pump that was not working!
He basically said NO
Then I asked for him to return the pump that i paid for...( i was paying the return shipping) just so I could post the pics and the condition of the punmp!
He said NO

Will the real slim shady please stand up!
[edit=fourdoor]Post restored with personal slam removed because the post makes a good valid point[/edit].

All that you are going on is what the shop told you. You have absolutely no idea what happened in the shop because you werent there. You are giving everyone in this thread 3rd party information because that is all you can go on. Where is the shop in this matter? What shop is this? You simply just cant understand the fact that the shop screwed you out of $700 and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. The reason why the plug wasnt in the pickup tube when it was sent back was because the shop found that plug and took it out. When they noticed that they screwed up, who else were they going to blame? The fact that you are having a shop do your work for you and have no idea what they are doing is no one elses fault but your own. You are [edit=fourdoor] slam removed[/edit] for trying to ruin someones reputation because of your own ignorance and no knowing what the shop is doing to your car. Get a clue and find another shop.

Last edited by Fourdoor; Apr 19, 2006 at 06:48 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems to me that the pump is your property. Even if your mechanic erred, he should refund or replace it. It's not his for the keeping unles he pays for it.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 06:17 PM

talentsearch301,

Yeah, I'm hearin' you on all the pump stuff. And, yeah...that sure could've been handled better (personally, I'd run a business which said "anything you don't like...send it back pronto...no questions asked"). I don't blame you for being frustrated...but screw getting the pump. You've got no use for it and can't really sell it unless you decide it is in perfect working condition after all. So I'd think you'd just want some compensation. I do think it may well have been the mechanic leaving the plug in the line initially...seems like the most reasonable explanation. But, believe me, from your standpoint I can't blame you at all for being angry and think you're justified. The overall deal is: You've been treated crappy over this pump thing...regardless of who's fault it was...I think the seller should have just said "send the pump back and I'll certainly refund you the cost of the part". In fact, I think you've been incredibly reasonable by eating all the labor costs of changing the pump out. Nevertheless...I still think the pump likely was in good working order and that plug was in there.

Overall, I think this pump thing will get sorted out for you and you're going to end up with an amazing set up.

To have a well-built stroker is awsome. I think there is some reason to believe it is well built...this guy's been building DSM's for a lot of years and nitriding the crank and coating the pistons is a sign of attention to detail...not making a quick buck. 9:1 is slightly higher than most, but personally I think it's better 'cause you'll spool a touch quicker than with a lower compression. So overall...WHEW!!

Reading at first, it sounded like you were getting hosed totally, but now I think it's the plug that hosed you (just speculation...) Yeah, he didn't do well by you, but he's going to send your pump back at LEAST (which is absolutely yours) and I'd see if you two couldn't swap a few dollars and call it quits 'cause he can likely use the pump for another engine since he builds 'em. You're absolutely right to be angry and you didn't get treated fairly. I'm just really glad that you're probably going to have one hell of an Evo with this engine in it!
Old Feb 3, 2006, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Okay since you are so knowledgeable about my reputation, could you take the time to find some bad posts about my parts or my work? I am sure everyone would like to see them. Certainly you have seen them and it is common knowledge. How bout staying out of the thread where you belong.
Why risk getting a 'bad rep' from a bad (or not) pump. some readers here think the error may be on the buyers end but the Seller is wrong to keep what was sold and paid for. This is where the 'bad rep' begins.

Just send him back the pump with a (nice) note, let everyone here know, he's happy, your rep is in good standing, everyone wins!!!

There are any other customers of yours (to be) looking on as to how this is handled. If you're in business, you know rep is everything. while I understand your questioninghis wanting a bad pump returned, once you confirmed that its not bad, you should immediately return it. The buyer acted both fair and mature to offer to pay for the return charges.

If it is was bad, you the seller, on informing the buyer should ASK HIM if he wants it back if you didnt plan on exchanging it.

Flame on if you like but I'm neutral here.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

I just received a complaint on this thread about members calling each other names. Please post in a civil manner and keep the curse words of the boards.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 4ringturncoat
Not taking sides here but how many of you guys have seen a oil pump? They can go bad by seizing or getting a LOT of crap thru them them but for the most part they are one of the most basic parts in a 4g63. For a pump to have zero psi you have a broken drive pulley, open oil galley plug, or a blocked intake screen/tube. The oil pump has very few parts in it (2 main gears) and chances are it won't fail to move any oil unless something went horribly wrong.
I rebuilt an engine last year that was fresh rebuild from another shop. The cams lacked enough oil pressure till it seized the motor up by locking the cams. When I took the motor apart there where no squirters in the block! The customer drove this engine for days before the engine failed. No squirters means you have four large 1/2" diameter leaks in the oil galley. yet this engine still started, produced enough pressure to run a 50 trim turbo setup for days before the engine had problems.

talentsearch301 wants us to believe this oil pump made no oil pressure at all, ZIP, NONE, ZERO. Anyone with half a brain can figure out the shop made an error.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MyCre8n=Evlshn
talentsearch301,

Yeah, I'm hearin' you on all the pump stuff. And, yeah...that sure could've been handled better (personally, I'd run a business which said "anything you don't like...send it back pronto...no questions asked"). I don't blame you for being frustrated...but screw getting the pump. You've got no use for it and can't really sell it unless you decide it is in perfect working condition after all. So I'd think you'd just want some compensation. I do think it may well have been the mechanic leaving the plug in the line initially...seems like the most reasonable explanation. But, believe me, from your standpoint I can't blame you at all for being angry and think you're justified. The overall deal is: You've been treated crappy over this pump thing...regardless of who's fault it was...I think the seller should have just said "send the pump back and I'll certainly refund you the cost of the part". In fact, I think you've been incredibly reasonable by eating all the labor costs of changing the pump out. Nevertheless...I still think the pump likely was in good working order and that plug was in there.

Overall, I think this pump thing will get sorted out for you and you're going to end up with an amazing set up.

To have a well-built stroker is awsome. I think there is some reason to believe it is well built...this guy's been building DSM's for a lot of years and nitriding the crank and coating the pistons is a sign of attention to detail...not making a quick buck. 9:1 is slightly higher than most, but personally I think it's better 'cause you'll spool a touch quicker than with a lower compression. So overall...WHEW!!

Reading at first, it sounded like you were getting hosed totally, but now I think it's the plug that hosed you (just speculation...) Yeah, he didn't do well by you, but he's going to send your pump back at LEAST (which is absolutely yours) and I'd see if you two couldn't swap a few dollars and call it quits 'cause he can likely use the pump for another engine since he builds 'em. You're absolutely right to be angry and you didn't get treated fairly. I'm just really glad that you're probably going to have one hell of an Evo with this engine in it!

MyCr8n once again thanks for the words of wisdom...I appreciate it!

trust me there was no plug...

this is the reason I need to show the condition of the pump... I was there when when everything was redropped... the shop had customers there...we all inspected the pump...the gears were not seating properly in the pump...when you spun the pump with your hand it was noisy and stuck at certain times...all he has to do is post the video ASAP of him spinning the pump with his drill...thats is one of the reasons why you saw in the email conversation...I said Im not going to go back and forth send the pump back...i was going to post pics/video with a thread...the issue LATER wasnt about the money...it was i wanted the pump to show and tell.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

This ****ing guy sold me a ****ed up axle once and blamed on my rebuilder for exchanging it when i wasn’t looking but in fact I was there the whole time. So he is using the same story again and again. I only got part of the money back. DO NOT BUY FROM HIM!

here is the link

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=132119

I have this guys name, number and address. If i am ever close by him. I will pay him a visit!

Last edited by cityhugo; Feb 3, 2006 at 07:00 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VTECH8TR
I just received a complaint on this thread about members calling each other names. Please post in a civil manner and keep the curse words of the boards.
I apolgize for using the word retar_...

I will continue to post in a civil manner

thanks
Old Feb 3, 2006, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by cityhugo
This ****ing guy sold me a ****ed up axle once and blamed on my rebuilder for exchanging it when i wasn’t looking but in fact I was there the whole time. So he is using the same story again and again. I only got part of the money back. DO NOT BUY FROM HIM!

here is the link

I have this guys name, number and address. If i am ever close by him. I will pay him a visit!

Holy Crap its the same guy
Old Feb 3, 2006, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cityhugo

here is the link

If I remember I gave you the full amount back minus shipping. You didn't get your money back till I spoke with you on the phone over the details. CV axles can break like that when an impact gun is used. All I wanted to know was whether you used one or not. I wanted your answer live before you had a chance to think about. It is common practice for mechanics to use impact guns when loosening the axle nut torqued to 175lb. The proper way is to use a torque bar and no impact. call any axle rebuilder to confirm what I am saying.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Dud, I pay $90, u refund $70 – paypal fee, and told me to keep the useless axle or else pay for shipping to send it back to u, at that point, i don’t feel like paying out 1 more cent so I just take the offer. I don’t understand y i have to pay for shipping either. The axle was bad to begin with before i got it. but whatever man. I am seeing a pattern. Truth be told, u can’t hide it. I am done posting.

Last edited by cityhugo; Feb 3, 2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

http://photobucket.com/albums/f397/lancerman/?sc=1

Not sure this will work. First time using a pic service.

[edit=fourdoor] added pics [/edit]
Attached Thumbnails Reason why not to buy a stroker motor,  from just anyone!-oil-pump-1.jpg   Reason why not to buy a stroker motor,  from just anyone!-oil-pump-2.jpg   Reason why not to buy a stroker motor,  from just anyone!-oil-pump-3.jpg   Reason why not to buy a stroker motor,  from just anyone!-oil-pump-6.jpg   Reason why not to buy a stroker motor,  from just anyone!-oil-pump-7.jpg  

Last edited by Fourdoor; Apr 19, 2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Hey sell me that "used" oil pump, I "think" it may work for me!
Old Feb 3, 2006, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

I figured we'd end up with situations like this when the Evo came out. Sort of the same deal as when the 2G's came out. All the glamor boys clashing with OG DSM'ers, all the while being fleeced by their "local shop" for 3rd party work.

ps. My mechanic can beat up your mechanic.

Quick Reply: Reason why not to buy a stroker motor, from just anyone!